News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

Monka watched them go, wondering what Bryant meant by "look at him"

Jukka the Sling

While all this was going on, the Abbess had been waiting until everybeast had seated themselves. When they had, she said grace, regardless of anybeast who might be carrying on a conversation further away from her. Once she'd finished, everybeast tucked in.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall had dived into his food. He and Trupper were sitting just close enough to hear the trios conversation.
"My Trip! Some drama!"
"Aye matey, Neva want t' be cought up 'n that!"
They continued their meal.

OOC: Cornflower and Jukka, do you know where Skip and Mycroft are?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Mycroft is sitting by Fern. Sorry, should've said that in my previous post.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

OOC: Skip is going to be a tad late.

BIC: Skipper hurried into the dining hall just as Bryony was tugging Bryant out of it. "Well, that's strange." He mutterede, hurrying to find an open seeat. There happened to be one by Marshall and Tripper, so he hurried ovre. "Hey, mateys." He greeted them, loading up a plate.

Gonff the Mousethief

"Hiya Skip! I was 'bout t' go find ya! So, heres me question. Do ya know who owns the boat we stole from Scarlet's fleet?"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

"No. Should I?" Skipper inquired, spreading meadowcream on a scone, and topping it off with raspberry jam.

Jukka the Sling

Mirelle was sitting opposite to Skip, Marshall, and Tripper, and she couldn't help but overhear what was said. She leaned across the table and said, "Marshall wants to know if he can have the ship so he and Tripper can go adventuring."

Cornflower MM

Skipper laughed, a big booming sound. "Hahahahaha! Well, if that's all, mebbe we'd better ask around, eh?"

Gonff the Mousethief

"Yus we shall! Do you think Mycroft may know what it's bein' used for and if it's usable?
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rachel25

Monka sat by himself, feeling very awkward and alone. He didn't really know anyone here, and he wasn't sure how to act. He saw other beasts loading up their plates with the good food, and he reached out and took a pasty. He bit into it and managed to burn his mouth, so he quickly poured himself a glass of some pinky-red bubbly liquid. After he drained a glass of that, he then got the hiccups.
Will nothing go right for me? He inwardly sighed.

Cornflower MM

"I have no idea." Skipper stage-whispered, then he got up and moved over to the hiccuping Monka, taking his food with him./ "Got the hiccups? Here, drink some raspberry cordial." The otter kindly said, passing him a beaker.
------------------------------------------
After Bryony and Bryant were in a more private spot, Bryony blew up. "Alright, listen, Mr. Criticism! For one, yes, I'm marrying him! Is that your business? No, not really. Second, what's wrong with Monka? Pray tell me that. Now, who said looks are everything, hmm? So what if he looks like he's been around the fighting block a few times! I don't, and that's what matters. If anyone is nuts here, it's you. You could be, oh, I don't know, a little more happy for me, and perhaps supportive. But, no. That's too much to ask. As for when I met him, I've lost track of the few days and really, honestly, do not care. Would it make any more difference if I met him, oh, say, three seasons ago? More than likely not! As for letting you meet him, unless you hopped out of your nice, warm bed, and walked halfway across Mossflower" (Here she exaggerated a little bit) "into danger, I really don't think it was possible!" Bryomny raged, glaring at Bryant and slowly but steadily pooffing up.

Jukka the Sling

"I'm not actually sure, but it wouldn't hurt to ask," Mirelle put in. "I can't think of anything the Redwallers would need it for."

rachel25

Monka nodded thanks, and drained the beaker. After that he felt a lot better and his hiccups stopped. "Thanks." He muttered. Then unable to keep it inside anymore he blurted out, "He hates me! I didn't even do anything, and he hates me!"

Cornflower MM

"Who, Bryant?" Skipper asked, frowning. "I don't know him as well as his sister, but if they're anything alike, he was likely surprised, shocked, or slightly hurt. After all, Bryony did run off about three hours after literally tripping over him, and then she returns, and is toting you along. Yeah, he's probably just jealouds. Give him about twenty minutes - Then you'll see." Skip said, nodding knowingly. Just then, the old Cellarhog walked over. "Well, Ruevan! Long time no see." He said cheerfully - And loudly. Skipper lared at him. "Oi! You're going to pay for that, my spiky friend." The mad otter muttered. The hedgehog winked at Monka. "He doesn't like his first name."He explained, then walked away, chuckling.