The Mossflower Insane Asylum

Started by Rainshadow, March 09, 2014, 12:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

Name: Emmet Brikon
Species: Ermine
Assigned Wing: Black Wing
Illness: Emmet has a strange form of Amnesia, and cannot remember most things for more then an hour. All he remembers is his name, the names of people around him, and their species, as well as the basic needs and skills of life. He is also very Paranoid.
Physical Appearance: He is very tall, and extremely skinny. He never recovered from one time when he forgot how to eat. His fur is dark grey. with streaks of silver, because of the stress from his sickness. He has a long scar that runs across his face, ending half-way into Emmet's right ear. It is clear that he was once very strong, but he let his body go to seed.
Clothing: A white tunic and soft, faded blue trousers.  A lounging robe (bathrobe) matching the trousers in color may be worn on top, but it is not necessary.
Personality: Despite being part of a vermin horde, he is actually quite nice when you know him. However, when he doesn't know you, he is dangerous. Though he can remember names better then most things, that's all he gets about creatures. When he has forgotten someone and they approach him, he WILL usually try to kill them.
History: He was part of a Vermin Horde, but when he was attacking Salamandastron, Emmet was smashed into by the badger lord. His head smashed into the ground. Emmet survived, but was never quite the same. Eventually the Horde just dropped him of at the Mossflower Insane Asylum.

Name: Vickers/Carthy/ Sir Sussex Kellion
Species: Shrew, which is one of the few things he can agree on.
Assigned Wing: Grey Wing
Illness(es): Multiple Personality Disorder.
Physical Appearance: Short, and of average physique. He has a totally undamaged face, and sparkling brown eyes. Vickers (we'll refer to him as Vickers mostly) has golden fur. He is strong and athletic, as Vickers tries to maintain strength.
Clothing: A white tunic and soft, faded blue trousers.  A lounging robe (bathrobe) matching the trousers in colour may be worn on top, but it is not necessary.
Personality: Vickers is the leader of the trio. He is cheerful and humble, and usually is the one making plans for everyone, not just himself. Carthy is also pretty happy, and optimistic. However, he is nowhere near as smart as Vickers or Sussex. making up for this, he is very artistic and musical. Sir Sussex is supposedly the heir to the throne of a distant country, which is why he goes by "Sir". He is proud and haughty, and considers most physical work to be beyond him, and prefers to help with the planning stages.Other: If they concentrate enough, they can switch personalities at will. However, only Carthy is willing to do this. The other two need to be persuaded. Also Bolds are for Sussex Italics are for Carthy, and are for Vickers. Also, they all share each others memories, and know of the others existence. Finally, he is in the Grey Wing because there is worry of a more aggressive personality surfacing.

The special lettering will only be when they are talking.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Rainshadow

@Han:  I love both of 'em!  Accepted!

(And if anyone wants to play a staff member, we still need plenty of those.  I'll be making one probably either later on today or tomorrow, but obviously an asylum needs more than one worker.  ;))
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Faiyloe

Thanks this is going to be fun and no they don't know what her real name is. No one really dose. I might make a staff member but I am not really good with more than one character so Lune will be my top priority.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach, an' Inzane Azylum? Zoundz loike me koind o' place!

Name: Jareth
Species: Weasel
Assigned Wing: No Clue (Ye decide, juzt put 'im in ze zame az 'iz brozer) White Wing
Illness(es): Sometimes he thinks he's his younger brother Karath; thinks he can fly
Physical Appearance: A bit taller than the usual Weasel with blue eyes, and a barely-noticable-unless-your-really-looking-for-it-and-have-keen-eyes bit taller than his younger brother Karath
Clothing:  A white tunic and soft, faded blue trousers
Personality: Friendly-Likes to play, especially games, whether they're board/tabletop or physical games like races, contestses and the like
History: One day he and his brother just showed up in front of the Insane Asylum
Other: Is Karath's older brother

Name: Karath
Assigned Wing: No Clue (Ye decide, juzt put 'im in ze zame az 'iz brozer)White Wing
Illness(es): Sometimes he thinks he's his older brother Jareth; is mortally afraid of any food starting with the letter "a" and will do anything to get away from said food
Physical Appearance: A bit taller than the usual Weasel with green eyes, and a barely-noticable-unless-your-really-looking-for-it-and-have-keen-eyes bit shorter than his older brother Jareth
Personality: Mood swings-Sometimes he's real over-the-top jovial and happy, and other times he's in a deep blue depressive state; he'll switch between them at random intervals (Happy one moment, sad the next, still sad, looks out the window and suddenly becomes happy again, looks out the same window later and becomes sad, looks at something that made him sad before and suddenly becomes happy again, etc...)
History:  One day he and his brother showed up in front of the Insane Asylum
Other: Is Jareth's younger brother

An' viz boz o' zeir illnezzez vhere zey zink zat zey are ze ozer, zat meanz zat zey zink zat zey are ze ozer, meanin' zat zey zink zat zey 'ave ze ozer'z illnezzez. Zuz, bazically, zey are conztantly zvitchin' from bein' ze vone tae ze ozer. (Zae ah guezz ze ztaff vid probably get quite confuzed aboot zem)

Ah'll finizh zeze on ze morrov!

EDIT: Done! Finizhed!

EDIT EDIT: Ah added ze vin'z. Major!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Norham Waterpaw

Can we give Karath some Apple Pie for his birthday?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

If ye vant tae fizh 'im oot o' ze laundry poile, gae 'a'ead. Alzough 'e'd probably juzt gae 'oide on ze roof or zomevhere elze if ye did zae, zae ah'd zuggezt probably nae.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rainshadow

@Faiy:  Okee-dokey.  :)

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on March 10, 2014, 12:35:50 AM
If ye vant tae fizh 'im oot o' ze laundry poile, gae 'a'ead. Alzough 'e'd probably juzt gae 'oide on ze roof or zomevhere elze if ye did zae, zae ah'd zuggezt probably nae.

I do believe the roof shall be off limits to Karath.  ;)  Well, technically, it should be off limits to every patient, but especially Karath.

Anyway, I'm likin' 'em so far!  Seems to me they'd be in the White Wing, but we'll wait till you have a personality for them to decide.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

I decided not to go for Daniel but I have made myself a character, he is on the previous page
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 10, 2014, 05:16:49 PM
I decided not to go for Daniel but I have made myself a character, he is on the previous page

Alrighty, I'll take a look!  *Shuffles back to the previous page*

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 09, 2014, 04:46:34 AM
Name: Skumring/Richard
Species: Common Genet
Assigned Wing: Grey
Illness(es)/Illness-Related Magic:
Physical Appearance: Average common genet, is rather tall and thin
Clothing:  A white tunic and soft, faded blue trousers.  A lounging robe (bathrobe) matching the trousers in colour may be worn on top, but it is not necessary. He has on occasion attempted to dye his robe black as well as sew himself a hood veil and fingerless gloves out of black material.
Personality: Skumring is completely insane, believing himself to be Richard Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and Mayor of the Little Village up the Coast which is quite scenic in spring. He believes himself to be invincible and as such often needs to be hauled out of trouble. He also believes the asylum to be the small village of Pretty, Pretty Unicorn ("It's a work in progress") of which he is the mayor, he frequently calls random strangers Maikos though it is unknown why this is. Richard has on occasion been known to kill people on a whim, his strange whims can make him do almost anything especially add to his titles (otherwise yo get them from killing enemies), he has recently been considering adding Lord of the Dance and King of the World to his list of titles. Skumring believes Richard to be the most powerful creature of all time, a master of fire, and all majyks.
History: He was found by a burning orphanage which he insisted attacked him
Other: Unbenknownst to almost everyone, Skumring has actually succeeded in making himself robes and is very proud of them, he keeps them under his bed and occasionally wears them. The staff have never once caught him out of asylum uniform.

Looking really good, but could you possibly add a description of Skumring's illness in its section?  (Just so that it's easier to find if anyone wants to know.)

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 10, 2014, 05:29:07 PM

Clothing:  A white tunic and soft, faded blue trousers.  A lounging robe (bathrobe) matching the trousers in colour may be worn on top, but it is not necessary. He has on occasion attempted to dye his robe black as well as sew himself a hood veil and fingerless gloves out of black material.
Personality: Skumring is completely insane, believing himself to be Richard Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and Mayor of the Little Village up the Coast which is quite scenic in spring. He believes himself to be invincible and as such often needs to be hauled out of trouble. He also believes the asylum to be the small village of Pretty, Pretty Unicorn ("It's a work in progress") of which he is the mayor, he frequently calls random strangers Maikos though it is unknown why this is. Richard has on occasion been known to kill people on a whim, his strange whims can make him do almost anything especially add to his titles (otherwise yo get them from killing enemies), he has recently been considering adding Lord of the Dance and King of the World to his list of titles. Skumring believes Richard to be the most powerful creature of all time, a master of fire, and all majyks.
Other: Unbenknownst to almost everyone, Skumring has actually succeeded in making himself robes and is very proud of them, he keeps them under his bed and occasionally wears them. The staff have never once caught him out of asylum uniform.

Looking really good, but could you possibly add a description of Skumring's illness in its section?  (Just so that it's easier to find if anyone wants to know.)

He believes he's another person, what do you call that?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 10, 2014, 05:36:29 PM

Hrm, well, he could possibly have Multiple Personality Disorder?  (I'd say probably not that unless he's occasionally Skumring, but judging by your app, he looks to be always Richard.)  Not quite sure what illness his would fall under.  The best option might just be to say that he believes he's someone else.  ;)

Jetthebinturong

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah finizhed me Character Zheetz! Ach, ziz iz goin' tae be vone cooky azylum, nyet? "Ze Offical Redwall Funny Farm"!

Rainshadow

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on March 10, 2014, 12:31:55 AM
Name: Jareth
Assigned Wing: No Clue (Ye decide, juzt put 'im in ze zame az 'iz brozer)
Illness(es): Sometimes he thinks he's his younger brother Karath; thinks he can fly
Physical Appearance: A bit taller than the usual Weasel with blue eyes, and a barely-noticable-unless-your-really-looking-for-it-and-have-keen-eyes bit taller than his younger brother Karath
Personality: Friendly-Likes to play, especially games, whether they're board/tabletop or physical games like races, contestses and the like
History: One day he and his brother just showed up in front of the Insane Asylum
Other: Is Karath's older brother

Name: Karath
Assigned Wing: No Clue (Ye decide, juzt put 'im in ze zame az 'iz brozer)
Illness(es): Sometimes he thinks he's his older brother Jareth; is mortally afraid of any food starting with the letter "a" and will do anything to get away from said food
Physical Appearance: A bit taller than the usual Weasel with green eyes, and a barely-noticable-unless-your-really-looking-for-it-and-have-keen-eyes bit shorter than his younger brother Karath
Personality: Mood swings-Sometimes he's real over-the-top jovial and happy, and other times he's in a deep blue depressive state; he'll switch between them at random intervals (Happy one moment, sad the next, still sad, looks out the window and suddenly becomes happy again, looks out the same window later and becomes sad, looks at something that made him sad before and suddenly becomes happy again, etc...)
History:  One day he and his brother showed up in front of the Insane Asylum
Other: Is Jareth's younger brother

An' viz boz o' zeir illnezzez vhere zey zink zat zey are ze ozer, zat meanz zat zey zink zat zey are ze ozer, meanin' zat zey zink zat zey 'ave ze ozer'z illnezzez. Zuz, bazically, zey are conztantly zvitchin' from bein' ze vone tae ze ozer. (Zae ah guezz ze ztaff vid probably get quite confuzed aboot zem)

They look great!  I think I'll stick them in the White Wing, as they don't look too dangerous.  I'll just try and keep them away from things starting with an A and the roof.  ;)  Accepted!

Unimaginative

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 10, 2014, 05:36:29 PM

Do the adventures of Richard roleplay take place in his mind or something? And which inspired which?
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth