The Rise of the Rebels (Steampunk RP)

Started by The Shade, April 19, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

OOC: Ugh, Frinlen's accent is weird to write in. He has a really southern american accent, with a big southern drawl.  :P

"Destruction? Ah' like et! When d' we getta' use mah bombs?" He said, slipping off his backpack, setting it on the ground. He unstrapped it and revealed a long steel tube, with a telescope on the side. There were lines and graphs written on the side of it, and it also had a handle with a trigger.

"This theng shoots rockets!"
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

BlueRose

Victoria ceased her fiddling long enough to look at Valerian in a long-suffering manner. "I meant me. A 'mole' is sometimes a term for a spy, like in that novel by Stephen Roarbill, A Night for Spies! Also, the Mrs. Polly Flax series by Dorothy Gillcatch mentions things like that too..."

OOC: Plot twist! Vicky likes futuristic espionage novels!

(Gah, Mrs. Polly Flax is the best parody of Mrs. Pollifax I can come up with?)

EDIT: I feel stupid now.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rusvul

OOC: I'm Valerian now, not Rus :P BIC:

Valerian chuckled. "I knew what you meant, Vicky. I just didn't know you were referring to yourself- Had no idea that old miser still trusted you in any way. A mole mole... The idea of it!"

Unimaginative

Vlad, still trying to shake of Vicky, tried taking a seat. It didn't work, so instead he responded to Valerian and Raven's comments. "As am I. Are you sure he trusts you?" He said to the Otter. "If there's any doubt, you may want to be careful."
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

BlueRose

After beginning to fiddle with Vlad's power pack again, this time adding strange funnel like objects, Vicky answered. "Of course he trusts me! That old coot will believe anything I say, just because I'm the spitting image of my mother. You didn't think I'd actually rebelled openly, did you?" None of these creatures knew as much about Victoria as they would like to. She showed up at the meetings, arranged for needed parts sometimes, leaked information, but never told very much of her situation. They knew why she was rebelling, but not much more, except that she was treading an extremely fine line.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Rusvul

Valerian tilted his head. "Hmm. That's... useful. Oh, have you by any chance seen disruptors around the area? They're about three feet tall, black iron, white glowing wires along the sides... Glowing purple orb. You'd know them if you've seen them. If they've not got any... Hah, that's a serious hole in their defenses. I think I could get us in, if they haven't. Though, I'm sure they've got at least some."

The Shade

Raven glowered at Frinlen. "Just make sure you don't blow us all up. I know what you're like. He grinned. "Do you even understand the conceipt of breaking in quietly? Everything doesn't begin and end with explosions you know."

He lent forward. "Valerian, just how far away can you use the uh... glow-y... things. Could you just use them to get inside? Because then you could simply let us in. Mind you, I have no idea of the factory's security system."
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Norham Waterpaw

"Breakin' in quietly? You kiddin'? This here theng could take out a chunk a' the buildin' from a fair distance! All we need is for someone to let me get 500 yards close to the buildin', and we blow it! A'course, we're gonna have to run fast, in case security sees us, or the building topples over." He said with disdain over the last sentence.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

W0NWILL

Retcin had been quiet, but at that, he spoke, "Thisabeast fly. Will Retcin beable to fly it an' maka boom? Saferfer you. You doneed to maka it boom, right?"

Unimaginative

"We don't need to "maka it boom", Retcin," said Vlad. "Though that is Raven's call. Stealth is what we need to break in, and it wouldn't be hard to me to get you all in. Just looking at the outside of the building I noticed several exploitable flaws," Continued the Fossa. "Maybe we could use an explosion as a distraction, though." He suggested, looking at Raven.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Rusvul

Valerian thought for a moment. "If they don't have any disruptors, I could walk right into their facility. Through a void, of course. See, voidrealms mimic the real world- But nothing is quite substantial enough to be a barrier unless you want it to. You also have an immense amount of control- I could fold the world to shorten a path for me. But here's the problem- Those disruptors can sense anyone in a voidrealm, and pull them out of it. That can cause some potentially very dangerous situations, if you're passing through a solid object.
I could easily walk in and let the rest of you follow- That would be very simple. However, I don't want to risk it unless I know I won't run into disruptors. Maybe Vicky could scout out a good place first?"  He raised an eyebrow and looked in her direction. "I'm sure they've got at least some disruptors- I just don't know how many, or where they are."

BlueRose

Victoria finally finished her modifications to Vlad's power pack. "Things with glowing purple orbs? There were a few of those... But they were so tempting..." She shuffled her paws like a kit who broke a dish. "I don't know what they do any more. I think I might have made them more dangerous?" Vicky felt a tiny bit guilty, but she was also slightly annoyed that they didn't think of her as a way in. How the heck did they think she got here in the first place?

Rusvul

"Hmm. Well, that's fine. They're fairly unstable, far as I've seen. If you tampered with the actual orb part, that could be helpful. They might resonate on a slightly lower frequency... But if they overload... Hmm. Long story short, you've probably done one of two things- Changed their frequency, which would be great... Or you might have destabilized them. That would be bad. Though, mostly for them." He grinned. "Anyway, I'll wager you'd have no problem entering- Question is, how familiar are the guards with Raven and the others? Perhaps you could smuggle them in... Perhaps not." He took a step back and turned to face the whole group. "Anyone have other ideas? We don't have too much to work with..." Glancing at Frinlen, he grinned. "Perhaps it'd be better if we saved our explosives for destroying machines?"

Cornflower MM

Arya had been listening to them talk, but did not contribute, as she had no knowledge of voids, explosive things, and mechanical things. She had also been watching the door. Suddenly, the door opened, and in walked one of Grakint's spies. Or whatever he used the mouse for. She slipped quietly and quickly under the table, knowing that he knew what she looked like, and would be on the lookout for her still. She crawled over to Vicky, and tugged her leg. "I was not here, if that mouse asks. I'll be back when he walks out the door." She whispered, then started crawling towards the bathrooms, since the tables did not have table clothes.

The Shade

Raven glanced at each outlaw, trying to piece their abilities to form an elaborate, foolproof plan.

"I think it would be a good idea to distract them, but on the other paw, how many explosives and gunpowder do we have? I don't wanna waste it all. It doesn't grow on trees, yer know." 

He gazed at Retcin thoughtfully, then decided he might as well suggest a plan, however bad it was. Better one than none. "Ok, how about this," he said. "Vicky can give Valerian a basic map of building, drawn by herself or taken from the joint itself. Valrian can voidwalk-thingy in, where there are no disrupters and possibly meet up with her inside, provided she has the ability to do so. Then they open a side door or something, and let the rest of us in. I know either of you could do the job alone, but it's always safer in pairs and I don't wanna lose such valuable members such as you. We could probaby split up into pairs inside, and plant a bomb to each assigned area. Then we get the hell outta there, and blow the place sky high. Mayhaps Retcin could drop an explosive or two on the remains, to assure there is nothing they could salvage, unless he wants to help inside. How about that?"
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I