The Dawn of Responsibility OOC: discussion

Started by Dannflower Reguba, April 20, 2014, 05:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So..... What do you think? (the higher the number the better)

7 (46.7%)
1 (6.7%)
4 (26.7%)
0 (0%)
1 (6.7%)
2 (13.3%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Dannflower Reguba

The hedgehog's feet pounded the ground as he quickly peeked over his shoulder to locate his pursuer. Tripping on a branch he caught a glimpse of a yellow streak and squeaked just once before the rest of the cry got drowned out by his own blood.

And yet another RP has arisen from the crashing waves of the OOC: Ocean. An age of trade has descended upon the Redwall world as Redwall has become more than just an Abbey, the surrounding forest has been cleared away for a decent merchant town to appear. Towns and cities have become more common place. These townships have encompassed even the formerly hostile hordes of vermin, and are currently civilizing the toads and lizards of the swamp regions.

The lands are not free of danger though, not by a long shot. Creatures of all species have turned to villainous ventures of profit and terror.

But nature's wrath towards these ruffians has caused a strange happenstance to come over the mostly peaceful realm. Some beasts started exhibiting strange..... Capabilities. A rat once sneezed over wooden palisade, a mole showed unmatched swimming prowess, and a mouse created a pyrotechnic show that hasn't been forgotten since. These gifted creatures became known as Ambassador's. It was also found that each Ambassador seemed to embody a certain trait.

Healing - Plants and light  (Ambassador's are often Squirrels or mice) (Representation color-Gold)

Renewal - Wind and Water (Ambassador's are often Otters or Weasels) (Representation colors-Blue and Green)

Destruction - Lightning and Fire (Ambassador's are often Foxes or Hares) (Representation colors-Orange, Red, and Yellow)

Mystery - Shadows and Ice  (Ambassador's vary for this one, but they seem to have a slight lean to ferrets and stoats) (Representation colors-Black and Silver)

Strength - Earth and Rock (Ambassador's Moles, Hedgehogs, Badgers, or Rats) (Representation color-Brown and Gray)

These creatures have also been known to inspire unrelated characteristics in those who's lives they touch most deeply.

Other, rare traits have been discovered, even within the boundaries seemingly set by these standards.

But now, a foreboding has come over all the land, for one of the Ambassadors has gone amiss... The Ambassador for Destruction has been gone for 30 years and the thieving bands have gotten stronger in it's absence... Come to think of it, Mystery has been noticed to have been missing for an unusual amount of time as well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay guys! I will be putting up a form soon, you may have up to 3 characters for now though this rule is subject to change. If you are applying to be an Ambassador, please PM instead as there are very limited spots. If you can come up with another combination of a trait and elements not listed above that would be much appreciated once again through PM.

The towns and cities will be prominent, but the canon locations will still be the more important ones.

I encourage rough drafts for characters to be made until I can get the official character sheet up, there will be no posting regulations at this time as I understand that sometimes there's not much to say  ;).

Any and all criticism is encouraged as long as it is in the heart of the betterment of the RP.  :)

Character Form

Name:

Species:

Affiliation:

Appearance:

Weapon:

Personality:

Other:
[close]

Locations: (will be subject to editing)
Spoiler

Redwall: The focal point of trade and mapping, use to determine the distance and direction to other destinations. (No theme)

Salamandastron: A far more militant city, the badgers and hares maintain order from their mountain fortress. Home to many mercenaries and other miscreants for hire (thieves, assassins) (English theme).

Noonvale: Since it has been found, it has grown quite large, but maintains a peaceful standpoint. (No theme)

Marl: The water rats have long since been joined by other beasts, and the island has become known for its' surprisingly lucrative fishing. (No theme)

Floret: A bustling city, filled with travelers from the far southern regions, telling tales of bounty un-matched  by any other, while the corsairs and sailors speak of ghosts emanating from the island of wrecks. (French theme)

Peace Island: Now a giant harboring waypoint for sailing travels, it has become far less peaceful than before, but that is because it has become quite exciting instead. (Hawaiian theme)

Sasachii: A strange land of honor, and tradition. Everything changes as soon as you step off of your ship onto this island and its' archipelago in the far east. (Asian theme)

Glostenova: Well North, and slightly east of Redwall. A rough, chilly land known for its' potential for prospectors, as well as for the stone fortresses dotting the landscape and mountain ranges. This is a large territory, well-guarded by the Northern birds and those within the fortress walls. (Scandinavian theme)  
[close]

My Character!
Name: Ashe Blackflight

Species: Squirrel

Affiliation: ?

Appearance: ?

Weapon: ?

Personality: ?

Other: ?
[close]
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Griffen

Sounds like a pretty neat RP mate ;) I'll think about it

Rainshadow

I'm thinking I might join, but I have a couple of questions.  Firstly, what exactly is an Ambassador's duty?  I mean, it sounds like they're important characters, but I can't quite figure out what they do, other than have special abilities.

Oh, and on the subject of special abilities, could you possibly give some examples of the sort of things different Ambassadors can do?  I know you already gave some, but could you possibly give a couple others?  Possibly a couple of Healing and/or Renewal traits?

And finally, is there strictly only one Ambassador for each trait, or are there several of one type of Ambassador?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Norham Waterpaw

If I may make a suggestion? By the way, Im sooo joining this, but first, my question.

Could there be some kind of Ambassador that has control over natural metals, or would that be with the Strength guy?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Dannflower Reguba

I was thinking about metals, but I need something not already covered by the other abilities that combines with metal in a way that represents a trait.

The Ambassador's powers are exactly what's listed, the healing Ambassador can use Light and Vegetation related "Magic." (It's not like casting spells, more like bending like in avatar, but there doesn't need to be a source for you to use it) HINT HINT: There might just be a few hidden traits that are only exposed under certain circumstances.  ;)

The Ambassador's have kind of collectively decided to be the guardians of the innocent. They often accompany caravans and convoys in order to provide advanced security. They participate in search and destroy or bait and capture operations as their presence is powerful.

Yes, there is strictly one Ambassador per trait, no exceptions as the death of an Ambassador sparks the birth of a new one (they often aren't found until they are at least 12, youngest ever found was the rat that sneezed unusually hard at age 9  ;))

Also, to give some details on the color scheme that I so un-informatively placed in the Ambassador descriptions. The Ambassador's exhibit unique coloration due to their gifts. The coloration will cause fur color changes, eye color changes, and birthmark color changes in the colors prescribed.

EDIT: Character histories will be required on Ambassador APs! Other exclusive details may be requested as well.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Norham Waterpaw

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 22, 2014, 02:06:44 AM
     It's not like casting spells, more like bending like in avatar,

Oh my goodness, yes!

Anyways. Maybe Metal and... Well the first thing I think of is Crystal.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

W0NWILL

Holy bad stuff, I've gotta join this.

As for a thing coupling metal..what Nor said, crystal would work. Or maybe just metal, 'cause metal is huge, especially in a budding trade world.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on April 22, 2014, 02:11:17 AM
Quote from: danflorreguba on April 22, 2014, 02:06:44 AM
    It's not like casting spells, more like bending like in avatar,

Oh my goodness, yes!

Anyways. Maybe Metal and... Well the first thing I think of is Crystal.

I would associate Crystal with ice as they are extremely similar, but keep trying, I would like to flesh out the Ambassador's a bit more.  :)

EDIT: Metal is huge, but light is much more extreme  ;). Just a note, while Ambassador's don't REQUIRE a source to use their abilities, a source CAN BE USED to add to what strength they have (Making water another powerful ability as it can be drawn from the very air, though not in large quantities).

DOUBLE EDIT: Another thing! Ambassador's must be at least 30, and their age must be spread apart at least a little bit.

W0NWILL

Okay then...magma, my second thought, would probably go under destruction and fire. Maybe it could be an umbrella for all things that come out of the earth other than stone? Coal and such? This is hard...

Dannflower Reguba

Yes, Magma would be classified as fire, though the second part of your post has me confused. (And yes, I banged my head against the wall doing this  :D)

W0NWILL

Well, metal isn't the only thing to come out of the earth, right? There's a whole bunch of fossil fuels, coal and oil and the like. It might be related to those, though I'm now realising that's ridiculously broad.

Dannflower Reguba

::) Now presenting! COLE POWER! Now able to make giant piles of flammable material for bonfire parties near you.  ;D Think elements not with the idea of science, but of science fiction.  ;)

W0NWILL

Science is much more interesting. :P

I'll keep thinking.

Dannflower Reguba

How can you say that science is more interesting? You're limited to what is possible in this world, whereas Science fiction is literally boundless, there are no limits, creativity abounds. I've found it far more fascinating a topic.

W0NWILL

QuoteAdvanced enough science is indistinguishable from magic.

What's more, science applies to our universe, and our understanding of it. Science fiction won't get a man to Mars or discover alien life. I also want to be able to shoot lightning bolts out of my eyes...using science!