The Mossflower Insane Asylum

Started by Rainshadow, April 23, 2014, 04:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

The sun shone down brightly on Mossflower Woods, marking what appeared to be a glorious spring morn.  But the sun must have been quite confused, for it was still winter.  Snow glistened on the ground, and tiny robins hopped through the cold blanket, leaving tiny footprints behind.

None of this was noticed by anybeast, though; at least, not the beasts in the brick fortress.  'The brick fortress of doom', as some of those inside called it.  This great fortress, after all, was the official Mossflower Insane Asylum.  Many of the patients disliked being inside, and several escape attempts had been foiled in the recent weeks.

Bloody dreadful, these patients are, Chief Artur Greenwick thought grouchily as he made his way down the long, cold corridor to the Black Wing.  He had been summoned by one of the nurses, for a patient had gotten... rowdy.  He was surprised.  Usually there were three situations to deal with this time of day, but currently there was only one.

The old hare veteran heard screaming up ahead and quickened his pace.

"NO!" the terrified voice of Shem Colter cried.  "DON'T PUT ME IN THERE WITH HIM!  PLEASE, NO!  I'LL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT!"

Artur sighed.  He'd figured it was going to be one of the newest members to the wing.  Shem Colter, Daniel Ward, and Alaina Gek had all been brought to the asylum around the same time, having come from different parts of the country, and they often felt like the worst thing that had happened to his asylum.  Rowdy, obnoxious, and extremely dangerous; he couldn't decide which of the trio was the worst.  And he dared not put them together; imagine what trouble would ensue!

The chief soon made it to the otter's room, finding three nurses struggling to pin Shem down so they could administer a sedative.  The large beast was throwing punches blindly, screaming as though he was being tortured.  What was wrong with him?

"Lucas!" Shem yelled, his eyes wide.  "Lucas, don't come any closer!"

Artur groaned and took the chemical-soaked cloth from a rather irritated shrewmaid, placing it firmly over the he-otter's muzzle.  He fought against it for a second, then slipped into unconsciousness.

"Finally," one nurse breathed.  "Thanks, Chief.  We can take him to isolation now."

The veteran nodded, then asked, "Wot was 'e doing h'in the first place?"

"Uh, throwin' his beddin' 'cross the room.  'E was yellin' at Lucas f'most o' the time, too."  The large hedgehog glared at the still form of Shem, who was now muttering in his sleep.

"N-no... stop it... don't want a dress..."

Chief Greenwick stared at the dog for a moment, then cleared his throat and nodded curtly to the nurses, his glasses nearly falling off in the process.  "Well then, h'I'll be getting back to my duties, then, wot.  Carry h'on."

Just a normal day in the Mossflower Insane Asylum.

OOC:  Yay for long, violent first post!  Sorry it took so long to put this up, it took awhile for me to come up with an idea, longer to write it, and even longer to find the time to post it.  But, here it is!  Feel free to post, my insane patients!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Unimaginative

Emmet Brikon woke up. He looked around, not really recognizing his surroundings. The Ermine heard some yelling from another room, and realized he must have slept in while his Horde attacked a village! Running to catch up, he smashed face first into a door, and hit the ground. Blinking, Emmet frowned, and tried the handle. Locked. Then he started beating the door with a chair he had found by his bed. Still locked. After about 20 minutes of this, he gave up, and lied back down in bed, wondering why the door was locked.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vickers Kellion smiled. It was a beautiful day, and he'd woken up in charge. Sir Sussex and Carthy were still asleep in the back of his head, though he probably wouldn't be alone to long. There was some shouting, though it sounded distant, like it was coming from a distant wing. As Vickers reflected on this, Sir Sussex surprised him, taking control of their body quickly and quietly. "What was that for?" Vickers shouted from the back of the head. "I wanted to stretch a little," replied Sussex. "Also, Carthy is waking up, and he wants a little run around the room."continued the regal Shrew.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Faiyloe

Luna Plain squatted perfectly balanced atop the head rest of her bead listening to the ruckus across the hall.
Luna tilted her head and spoke to the spoon which she had "borrowed" without permission.

"Why, Why does he scream?" She said she starred at the spoon for a sec and then leaped nimbly to the floor. She scampered on all fours over to the door still clutching the spoon and pressed her ear to the door "See! he no like it here, he wants out but mean ol' Greenstick wont let us." She started pacing doing an impression of the hares stern face and fat belly. " He say no do this, no do that,  don't, stay away, keep out, or BOOM!" She hit some imaginary best on the head hard with the spoon "You go out,"

*...*

"That's what you think he not nice and he put you in isolation, yes. I take him and throw him off the roof! then all free and he gone, dead,"  She she started to giggle maliciously

*...*

"That sounds like mutiny, Are you with me or are you not!"

*...*

"Not you two!" She said to the chair "Oh fine!... No one likes me!" She sad and started sulking in the corner

*...*

"I not a cry baby!" She yelled and threw the spoon across the room with so much force that it knocked over the stool.

*...*

"Serves you right,"   

OOC: This *...* will Indicate when her inanimate objects are talking.       
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

W0NWILL

Shem Colter's screams had broke the asylum from the(relatively) quiet time, and probably meaning there would be more noise than usual, Alaina reflected moodily, picking at the sheet that covered her cot. But maybe that was just because she was in solitary, and removed from most of the crazies. She didn't deserve this, nothing was wrong with her anyway! She closed her eyes, relishing that feeling, seeing the mouse lying on the floor, the bruises and blood, caused by her, her teeth and claws, that feeling of power...of control...it was like a drug.
Alaina sighed and stood up, heading to the door, "Anybeast lettin' a squirrel out soon?" She knocked heavily on it, trying to communicate her displeasure at being stuck in solitary, "I don't rather enjoy this." She spoke mostly to hear the sound of her own voice, having been starved of other interactions for two days since. Despite being pretty much the most sadistic beast in the asylum, Alaina was(very strangely) a creature that thrived on social interactions, and, as such, was bored out of her mind. She didn't belong here, anyway. How'd they think she was a nutjob when they were exposed to real ones 24/7? She sighed and rested her forehead on the door.

OOC: Finally! I've been wanting to play my crazy with a serious case of denial for so long! :P Also, I just had a great idea for another whackjob(bad timing, I know), so I've decided to make a third character.

Rainshadow

Shem Colter sat in isolation, scraping his claws against each other with unease.  The voices were louder today, and some sounded rather angry.  Some were less angry and more irritated, like one feminine voice that was questioning the staff's judgement.  Shem didn't blame her.  After all, it felt like some of those beasts were doing more harm than good.

Clack!

The otter turned his head to the side just in time to see a blonde rat throwing a piece of brick against the wall.

"Hey, Shem," the rat said with a smile, standing up to retrieve his brick.

Glaring at the buck, Shem asked, "What're you doing here, Lucas?"

"Oh, y'know, just hangin' out.  Got kinda bored, so I thought you could use some company."

Clack!

The rat stood and walked over to the wall, where his brick fragment lay, shattered on the ground.  "Aw, it broke."

"I don't like him very much," a deep voice muttered from within the otter's head.

"Me neither," another agreed.

Shem groaned.  "Just shut up!"

Lucas stared at him in surprise.  "What?"

"You heard me.  Shut.  Up."

"...Why?"

The brown otter rolled his eyes.  "Because I said so."

"You're gonna have to do better than that," Lucas replied after a moment.  "Now, do you wanna play a game?  I could go find some loose rocks to shape into chess pieces.  I'd even let you go first."

Groaning again, Shem covered his face with a paw.  Why did that stupid rat have to bug him all the time?  And whenever he did show up, it was usually only to make noise and play idiotic games.  And it was annoying when he showed up in the middle of the night.

A sharp pain dragged the otter out of his thoughts.  He pulled the paw from his face, revealing Lucas holding a large knife and a chunk of wood.

"Lucas, what are you doing?!" he exclaimed, backing up until he could feel his robe brushing against the wall.

Lucas shrugged, looking at the items in his paws.  "Making chess pieces."

"...B...but where did you get the wood?"

"I'm not stuck in this cell, dummy," the rat replied, rolling his eyes.  "I can leave whenever I want to.  Now, do you want black or white?"

This was going to be a long day.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Norham Waterpaw

"Admiral" Hooper was perched on the back of a table in his room. He looked about frantically, as if looking for something.

The sea around him was full of waves, all crashing in big blasts of dark blue and white foam. The sky was grey, and rain pelted the deck of the ship. All of a sudden, a massive ship was seen to one side.

"Thar she blows, Cap'n! Off t' Starbord, a great triple masted beast!" Said Oda.

Several crew members were swept off deck as more waves pounded the ship.
The sea looked like it was boiling, the waters were so violent. Lighting struck in the distance, booming through the night.

"Everybeast, listen to me if ye want to live! Everyone, we're going to-"

There was a distinct screaming as one crew-beast fell off deck. It was shouting something about "Lucas".
The scene dissolved around him as his room flooded his view.

"Ah, right. He said, a little solemnly.

OOC: Well, this guy's gonna be fun to RP.  ;D
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Faiyloe

Luna Soon forgot The spoon and  Started running around the room in circles and in every way imaginable jumping on the bed and over the chair and under the small table, over to the window and back to the door. She was beginning to feel trapped and closed in, like the walls where closing in on here. She needed to get out. She needed to be able to stretch her legs.  She ran over to the door and banged on it with her knuckles.

"Some beast please let Luna out! She be good! Luna promise!" 

*...* She Glared at the stool who still lay up turned.

"You're not helping," She hissed. She knocked again but this time a little less loudly and said in a dejected voice " Please," 

Unimaginative

Carthy gave a light knock on the door. "I'm hungry!he shouted. "Plus, it's just Sussex, Vickers and Me in here. Again." The Shrew walked back to his cot, frowning as Sussex begged him to relinquish control of the body. Despite being the most docile of the three personalities, Carthy was easily the most dominant when it came to maintaining control of Vicker's body. With a little sigh, he returned control to Sussex.

Faiyloe

Grace Longbell was passing by, a load of laundry in her arms, even though it was not her job, she did not mind she often did jobs for other people, when she heard Vickers, or was it Carthy this time, call out. She went over to the door and Shifting the cloths to her hip she opened it. Vickers was one of her favorite patients. She liked how friendly he was most of the time. He never meant any harm though he could be a bit demanding at times and She had learned how to read his personality's pretty well. She closed the door behind her and tried to evaluate the shrew. She shifted the cloths back in front of her so her chin rested in top.

"It is almost lunch time if you'll wait for just a little bit," She said Hoping he would give her a hint as to which one of the trio he was at the moment. She hoped it was not Sussex because her responses there was not exactly appropriate for a prince or whatever he was.

Unimaginative

"I can wait, though I'd like the food brought to my room, if possible."Said Sussex. He ignored Vickers' and Carthy's sighs of annoyance in the back of his head. "C'mon, Sussex. The rest of us want out of the room for a little bit." said Vickers unhappily. There was a short wrestle for control, which Vickers won, though he turned the body over to Carthy to try and keep Sussex out for a little while. "Sorry about that, Grace. We can wait a little while." said Carthy cheerfully.

W0NWILL

'Move forward two paces!'
'No! Turn right and sit down'
'Don't listen to them! Hop around in circles like the bunny rabbit you are!'

May smiled faintly as she obeyed, moving forward, turning right, then hopping in circles. Her ears flopped about her head as she jumped, and she waved, grinning, to a trembling vole, who was hunched in the corner.

'Lunchtime!' A voice(always the same one, every day), cried, 'I'm famished!'

Obediantly, May stopped her hopping and made a beeline for the cafeteria.

'No! North north east east east!' Another voice cried.

May took two steps to the north and two to the east.

'West south west west west north east south south west!'

The voices flooded her mind, confusing her terribly. She tried doing this strange dance, but utterly failed, and sat down on the floor, defeated. They were background noise, but the sort that is more noticeable than the foreground sort.

'Lets turn this world up-side-down!' One cried gleefully.
'Wait! Somebeast's in trouble!' Another one said.

The rest of the voices chimed in, merging into a single thought, as they rarely did, 'Save the victim! Kill the criminal!'

May charged off toward the Black Wing, the voices agreeing and lending speed to her paws.

Tiria Wildlough

Sasha Arleton sat hunched in the corner of her room, fiddling aimlessly with a few pieces of grass from her last visit outdoors. She arranged them into different patterns, trying to tune out the disturbances from outside.
She heard the young rabbitmaid obediently talking to her voices outside, and a shudder ran through her. Why can't I be somewhere else? she thought miserably. They don't know what it does to my feelings!
Sasha got up without thinking and leaned against the door, sighing. Today was going to be another long day.
-----------------

OOC: Well, you guys sound like you're having a ton of fun. ;D I'll write from Daniel's point of view tomorrow when I have more time.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Faiyloe

Grace noticed the change.

"Do you still want you meal brought here?" She asked unsure of which one of the other two had taken over.

Luna darted from the door to the bed starting to feel panic.

"Rooms to small, to small for Luna!" She she jumped from the bed to the window and back onto the bed and then from there she leaped, or tried to leap, on to the table missing terribly and landing sprawled out on the floor.

*...* She swiveled around to glare at the bed.

"You don't laugh at Luna! DON'T LAUGH!" But this only made the bed laugh harder. She flew her self at the bed in a furry and taring the blankets off she threw them across the room along with the pillow, which landed with a sad pufft on the up turned stool. She shook the bed and it rattled and creaked in its frame. She tore at and clawed at the mattress and then in one finale attempt she up turned the whole thing turned on her heal and said "You don't laugh at Luna,"

OOC: Luna is so much fun to play even if no ones around...  ;D     

Norham Waterpaw

"Admiral, we're starving, when's food time?" Oda shouted from the wave-swept deck.

"When you finish swabbing the deck, fool!" Shouted John.

Oda looked up, and with a drastically different voice, shouted "Lunchtime!"

The scene once again fluttered away, leaving Johnathan back in the cold, depressing hands of reality.
The smiling face of a mouse at his door once again spoke. "Lunch time!"
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Unimaginative

"No, I'll come out and get it when it's ready," said Carthy. "I'm Carthy, by the way." He said, noticing that Grace seemed a little confused.