News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

New UK cover

Started by LordTBT, June 17, 2014, 03:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Hmm that's a new kind of art style for me. I'm not quite sure if I don't like it, or am just resistant to change. Probably the latter.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Leatho Shellhound

Wow! that's news, at least it shows that the books are still being printed.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

MeadowR

Why does every book cover these days (and other items) have to be given that 'modern' simplified/stylised look? It's not doing much harm but I do prefer my UK semi-realistic book covers!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

JangoCoolguy

I find it hilarious that the description mentions "argumentative stoats" helping out.

Oops! :D

Conveniently enough, I think this is Redwall's big 3-0! (or am I a little off)

LordTBT

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on June 17, 2014, 04:28:43 PM
I find it hilarious that the description mentions "argumentative stoats" helping out.

2 years away.

Romsca

When did stoats even show up in the first book?

LordTBT

The Redwall Wiki has identified the cover artist and the new chapter heading illustrator, and the article has been updated with this information. Please check back if you missed it the first time!

Romsca

The link to the chapter illustrations was blocked because my computer thought it had viruses. :P But I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the new cover. It doesn't exactly look like it portrays the story accurately

LordTBT

Quote from: Romsca on June 18, 2014, 12:08:55 AM
The link to the chapter illustrations was blocked because my computer thought it had viruses. :P But I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the new cover. It doesn't exactly look like it portrays the story accurately

Well it's a perfectly legitimate artist's site. You can click her name in the article to see some art.

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: LordTBT on June 17, 2014, 11:21:22 PM

2 years away.

Oh. Okay.

Then why a new edition now  ???

PS: those chapter headings are freaky!  :o

rachel25

Its alright, but I prefer the other covers.

LordTBT

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on June 18, 2014, 04:22:49 PM
Quote from: LordTBT on June 17, 2014, 11:21:22 PM

2 years away.

Oh. Okay.

Then why a new edition now  ???

Money?

Captain Tammo

Idk if Id say its money. I mean 25 worldwide best selling novels?! I think the Jacques family is fine financially. I bet you it's just to keep things moving and make the redwall world a little spicier. It's something that, even 3 years after Brian's death, we the readers can still go out and collect!

I think they did it for us!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

LordTBT

Quote from: Captain Tammo on June 21, 2014, 04:57:53 AM
Idk if Id say its money. I mean 25 worldwide best selling novels?! I think the Jacques family is fine financially. I bet you it's just to keep things moving and make the redwall world a little spicier. It's something that, even 3 years after Brian's death, we the readers can still go out and collect!

I think they did it for us!

Sorry, this would not be how the publishing industry works. The publishers re-issued a new edition to make money. For themselves. That's why there are at least 18 English language editions of Redwall.