Redwall optioned for film

Started by LordTBT, July 09, 2014, 12:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Gore is not necessary for death to be a big part of it. I rather like how it was done in the Nelvana Redwall tv show, though I don't think that much of an effort for no visual violence is necessary... Stabbing people and bleeding through slash wounds is fine by me, when blood/innards spray(s) everywhere is kind of where I draw the line.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 20, 2014, 03:29:06 AM
Gore is not necessary for death to be a big part of it. I rather like how it was done in the Nelvana Redwall tv show, though I don't think that much of an effort for no visual violence is necessary... Stabbing people and bleeding through slash wounds is fine by me, when blood/innards spray(s) everywhere is kind of where I draw the line.

That kind of graphic showing is not only needlessly violent, it's also unrealistic. I like some blood and wounding in a movie, when used properly. It adds a sense of urgency and the atmosphere is thicker. As far as lost limbs go, a movie that includes ages like 12(and possibly below) would most likely lead in close to the blow, but cut off the camera with some obscure way of showing what happened so that more astute audiences aren't left wondering (like the bad guy from the animated Tarzan, he accidentally hung himself from the vines, but the actual portrayal is a lightning flash that cast a shadow on a trunk behind Tarzan).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

I like things being realistic to a point; that's why I think some blood should be appropriate.
As to an example of where loss of limbs or death or something along those lines was hinted at but not necessarily shown was in an episode of Justice League, where Aquaman cuts off his arm to save his baby child. They showed him raising the sharp metal object. . . and the next scene he's in he has a wrapped-up stub.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 20, 2014, 04:30:44 AM
I like things being realistic to a point; that's why I think some blood should be appropriate.
As to an example of where loss of limbs or death or something along those lines was hinted at but not necessarily shown was in an episode of Justice League, where Aquaman cuts off his arm to save his baby child. They showed him raising the sharp metal object. . . and the next scene he's in he has a wrapped-up stub.
I've never seen that show, so that sounded really out of the blue to me.
But about that blood topic: I agree that blood would be appropriate, but any grory death scenes, especially involving Gulo, would be out of line.

I'm retired from the forum

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: danflorreguba on November 20, 2014, 04:11:15 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 20, 2014, 03:29:06 AM

That kind of graphic showing is not only needlessly violent, it's also unrealistic. I like some blood and wounding in a movie, when used properly. It adds a sense of urgency and the atmosphere is thicker. As far as lost limbs go, a movie that includes ages like 12(and possibly below) would most likely lead in close to the blow, but cut off the camera with some obscure way of showing what happened so that more astute audiences aren't left wondering (like the bad guy from the animated Tarzan, he accidentally hung himself from the vines, but the actual portrayal is a lightning flash that cast a shadow on a trunk behind Tarzan).

Here, here!

We don't need the gory details. People can still be killed and play for keeps without it getting all nasty. The Nelvana cartoon did a good job with this. Heck, that was one of my favorite things about it! And it could easily happen again with enough effort and skill.

LT Sandpaw

In movies like Lord of the Rings they did a great job keeping it real but not making it overly gruesome.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Matthias720

I have no delusions about a Redwall movie having violence in it, but I also know Hollywood has a masterful ability to subvert violent imagery down to shadows and horrified reactions. They probably won't remove that kind of material, but rather just cover most of it up, letting us figure out what really happened based on secondary events.

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Søren

I hope it happens soon, but if it's still in option phase, for this long, I'd love to be the optimist but I'm not to sure it's going to happen.

I'm retired from the forum

LordTBT

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on November 24, 2014, 05:40:43 AM
I hope it happens soon, but if it's still in option phase, for this long, I'd love to be the optimist but I'm not to sure it's going to happen.

Movies can be in the 'option phase' for years, guys.

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: LordTBT on November 24, 2014, 11:45:05 PMMovies can be in the 'option phase' for years, guys.

Oooohhhh!

Okay. Now I feel guilty about reviving this thread. I TOTALLY jumped the gun  :(

Wot, wot!

I really hope they make a Redwall movie. That would be so awesome!!!!! Just hope the anamations are good ::)
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Eulaliaaa!

I'd love to see a Redwall movie, but I know that whoever made it would mess up. Movies are never as good as the books, and things are always left out...
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Starla1431

Gore doesn't bother. Though I do think that wouldn't be a good idea for a Redwall movie. Some violence is necessary for a Redwall film though.

Lady Ashenwyte

I would like a portion of gore, but not so much. A 300 type of gory will put me off.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.