News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

paranormal

Started by blindsimeonjtp, July 22, 2014, 05:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

I saw them. You wanna deny that? My family saw them, too. Every. Single. One. Oh, and since my dad's a Vietnam Vet, perhaps you'd like to take the matter up with him?

Rusvul

Our senses are pretty good. Usually accurate. However, they are capable of innaccuracy, as is our interpretation of them.

I won't rule out ghosts as a possibility, as it is not possible to do so. However, I don't believe anything supernatural to be the only possible cause of such a happening

I am not superstitious. If you are, I respect that. I without a doubt find legends and such intriguing, though my preference is mythology rather than modern legend. To each their own.

Cornflower MM

I'm not superstitious...But, whatever. Ferrety hormones....

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 24, 2014, 12:44:50 AM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 23, 2014, 06:35:44 PM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 23, 2014, 12:48:54 AM
I used to in a house that also had two ghosts livingi in it. Cool, right?
Waitwaitwait... What? Were they just rumored to live there, or did you actually see something?

(By the way, I don't believe in ghosts or anything, but I like to read books listing hauntings and so forth just for fun.)

I saw them. Plus how do you explain bleach running red on one portion of the roof, and clear elsewhere? The lady killed herself on that spot on the roof. Glasses would tip or break when we were barely touching them. Coffee pots randomly shattered. That sort of stuff.
...Um, why was there bleach on the roof to begin with?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rusvul

Cleaning it, I guess? I dunno. It seems to me like there'd be a better roof-cleaning liquid, but I know literally nothing about cleaning rooves, so I'm probably wrong.

Ferrety hormones... What...?

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 24, 2014, 03:38:11 PM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 24, 2014, 12:44:50 AM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 23, 2014, 06:35:44 PM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 23, 2014, 12:48:54 AM
I used to in a house that also had two ghosts livingi in it. Cool, right?
Waitwaitwait... What? Were they just rumored to live there, or did you actually see something?

(By the way, I don't believe in ghosts or anything, but I like to read books listing hauntings and so forth just for fun.)

I saw them. Plus how do you explain bleach running red on one portion of the roof, and clear elsewhere? The lady killed herself on that spot on the roof. Glasses would tip or break when we were barely touching them. Coffee pots randomly shattered. That sort of stuff.
...Um, why was there bleach on the roof to begin with?

We had to bleach the roof because moss liked to grow on it. Although we hated doing it.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Although I hated that spiral staircase ore.

The Skarzs

Me and my dad have an interesting theory on Bigfoot, though some people would not really understand, appreciate, or take it as a possibility because of beliefs.

Ghosts are the souls of the dead: I believe they exist as I have nothing to disprove it.

Aliens/UFOs: I can neither deny their existence nor say they truly exist, though I can say there would be definite limitations to what they would look like if they are the ones who do space travel and find us. First: they would need a brain to compute the complex problems space provides; this would also require a way to protect the brain: a skull. Second, they would need fingers AND opposable thumbs to work with and design tools, vehicles, etc. Two or more legs would be needed to stably support the body that holds the head, and hands (probably attached to arms). They would be more or less human looking.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

My opinion on aliens is that if there is so much space out there, they most likely exist somewhere. It doesn't make logical sense to me that Earth would be the only planet to have life- Especially with planets trading meteors every so often- Huge timescale, but fairly often on that scale. Of course, I have no idea what aliens would be like, but if they have any of our DNA (As a result of trading meteors) then they very well might be somewhat like us- Although otherwise, I'd doubt it, it's unlikely that they'd evolve even remotely similarly to us. They would probably require some kind of thought processing system, akin to our brains- and some means to operate their machinery- But I think assuming anything is the case about a hypothetical being is a mistake.

Jetthebinturong

Am I the only one that realizes aliens don't have to be intelligent? There might be some that have only just evolved which are the equivalent of cavemen. I strongly believe in aliens, I don't know that we'll ever meet them or even glimpse them but there are too many planets out there for them not to exist.

On the topic of the paranormal: I do not believe in things like cryptology or ghosts unless there is solid proof. I believe scientists recently found reason to believe that yeti exist, if this is true I would very much like to meet one (unless they're violent savages that is)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

Oh, you're absolutely not. My comment was written under the assumption that they were; there's far likely to be hundreds/thousands/millions/billions of planets that have microscopic life on them.

Really? That's intriguing. Do you have a link to an article?

Jetthebinturong

It was a TV documentary, I didn't watch it but my parents did
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 28, 2014, 02:28:13 PM
Am I the only one that realizes aliens don't have to be intelligent? There might be some that have only just evolved which are the equivalent of cavemen. I strongly believe in aliens, I don't know that we'll ever meet them or even glimpse them but there are too many planets out there for them not to exist.
It is entirely possible that humans find them before they find us, yes, but what I was saying was provided they DID find us first.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Okay, I'm leaving now . . . L