News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

LARP

Started by Blaggut, July 30, 2014, 07:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

Most of thee hath probably heard of thou greatest sport, LARP. In celebration I shall call a fanfare and speak in thous and thees.

Today I hath bought a decent blade of LARPing. I hath not ever done LARP, but I hath engaged my friends in deathly dances of the blade.

If thou hath not heard of LARP, look it up. I am to lazy to explain. But I shall tell thee this:

It stand for Live Action Role Play.

Tis better then cosplay.

Oh, and thou may discuss the sport of LARP here. I consider it a sport because I get sweaty when I battle.
~Just a soft space boi~

Rusvul

I've never LARPed before, but it seems like an interesting concept, especially as someone who REALLY enjoys D&D.

The Skarzs

I'd better finish up my chainmail, then. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Oh, shoot, where'd I put that psy-crystal... *Summons psy-crystal* *Closes eyes, holding crystal as a focus* *Begins psionically mind-stabbing people*

Rainshadow

I've wanted to LARP for the longest time.  Technically, I sorta DO have a costume, the only piece missing being a sword.  A pretty important piece, I'd say.  ;)  Also, no one in my area does any sort of LARPing whatsoever, so that's a bit of a problem as well...
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Blaggut

I've never LARPed before, just really really intense foam sword battles without any costume or storyline.
~Just a soft space boi~

Rainshadow

The only thing I've done that I could say is relatively close to LARPing was when I was much younger and played medieval games with my two friends, the games being based off of Eragon.  We used spells (shouting the correct words and pointing our hands in the direction we want it to go), fought with swords (really heavy sticks), learned healing skills (grabbed pine cones and leaves for poulstaces and balms and such), rode dragons (used the swing set at the park), and a bunch of other things.  Very fun, but I don't think you could quite consider it LARPing.  There were no costumes.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Blaggut

Sounds a lot like larp to me.  :o
~Just a soft space boi~

Faiyloe

I used to play medieval styled games with my sisters in the basement. The best of them was one game which I would say most resembles LARPing. We had constant characters which we played and developed.  There where costumes. and A good bit of plot. This game was also the one and only game that we ever played that had a plausible ending which tied everything together. There was no magic... well sort of... but not really... any way you don't really need that to have a LARP. We did use fake swords made from pool noodles and duct tap. It was really fun and I would love to do something like that again.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Romsca

Once two of my friends and I pretended that Zelda went to Narnia... don't know if that counts...

BlueRose

I've never LARPed, but I'm working on a costume for the Society for Creative Anachronism... (Which I can't join till I'm 18. Go figure!)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Delthion

Never heard of LARP. But it sounds as if you're playing out a story in real life. If that's the case a friend and I played a game where we were the last survivors of a terrible war, where if someone died form one side they would fight on the other side, (but they were not zombies, I don't think I had even heard of zombies then.) So anyway; we had battle hawks and Pegasi while they had battle crows, minotaurs and the people who died fighting them, and a lot more that I don't remember.

And I also played a really really short version of LOTR.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

LARP = Live Action Role Play.

Basically it's an RPG in real life.

Gwen A. Mouse

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 30, 2014, 09:49:01 PM
 I've wanted to LARP for the longest time.  Technically, I sorta DO have a costume, the only piece missing being a sword.  A pretty important piece, I'd say.  ;)  Also, no one in my area does any sort of LARPing whatsoever, so that's a bit of a problem as well...
Are you sure? You should look up the SCA in your area (their website is sca.org). Chances are, there's at least a few people. And, while it's not quite like LARPing, it's still lots of fun.

Quote from: BlueRose on August 05, 2014, 03:08:39 PM
I've never LARPed, but I'm working on a costume for the Society for Creative Anachronism... (Which I can't join till I'm 18. Go figure!)
*gasp* You go to SCA events? Which kingdom?
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

M.A.R.T.I.N(band)offical

Our singer,drummer,guitarist,myself(bassist) larp at comic con and things like that.