News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Seeing Auras

Started by Unimaginative, August 07, 2014, 06:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Supposedly a field that surrounds all living beings and has different colors depending on mood and the person in question.

Sounds dubious to me... It's a sort of paranormal thing, almost.

They were really cool in Michael Scott's The Alchemyst, though.

The Mask

Oh! It was in the alchemyst? When?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rusvul

Uhm... The whole idea of the shiny bit around the people that let them use magic. Gold, silver, mint green, ice white, sulfur yellow... In that book, it had a distinctive smell as well. I love that series. So good.

Gwen A. Mouse

Quote from: The Skarzs on August 21, 2014, 12:43:28 AM
I'm more curious about what on earth an 'aura' is for, or what it means.

There are lots of names for them: auras, energy fields, chi, chakra, etc., though some of those have different (and not exactly accurate) connotations.

You know how Earth has an electro-magnetic field around it, right? Auras are sort of like that, only with individual things. And while the auras of living things are usually the easiest to sense or see, auras are not exclusive to them. I know how cheesy and silly this will sound, but in Pocahontas when she says, "...I know every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit, has a name"- personally, I think that auras are kind of the "spirit" she refers to there. Certainly, Native Americans were more in touch with that sort of thing than most people are today.

*realizes that explanation has turned into a rambling rant, and stops* Whew. Sorry about that...
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Rusvul

Rambling rant? You sound like me.

The Skarzs

Is that like a speak speech? ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Gwenny"...I know every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit, has a name"

Everything DOES have a spirit, and a name. Whether or not that's the aura, I don't know. But considering the fact that I've had quite a few nice conversations with trees and a few rocks, I'd say the Native Americans have something there.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Cornflower MM on August 21, 2014, 11:04:47 PM
... I've had quite a few nice conversations with trees and a few rocks, I'd say the Native Americans have something there.
I'm not even gonna ask...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Kitsune

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on August 21, 2014, 11:23:45 PM
... I've had quite a few nice conversations with trees and a few rocks, I'd say the Native Americans have something there.
;-;

Wylder Treejumper

I have a few problems with that explanation...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Tam and Martin on August 21, 2014, 11:56:08 PM
Me neither ^^^
Quote from: PluggFiretail on August 24, 2014, 02:00:02 AM
;-;

Is something wrong?

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on August 27, 2014, 07:53:11 PM
I have a few problems with that explanation...

Which one?

Kitsune

So how exactly do you um, talk to a rock?

Cornflower MM

Trees are easier, actually.

But, anyways, you have to concentrate, and open your mind. You don't have to extend it as it's harder, (For me, anywho) But in some circumstances it can help. Then you try and the tree's, rock's, or pencil's, consciousness, and say Hi. How're you doing? See? Easy-peasy! The most tricky part is opening your mind and keeping it open, and the second most tricky is listening for the thoughts of you tree, rock, or pencil.

Jukka the Sling

But a pencil and rock are inanimate objects. They're not alive. So...how do they have thoughts? :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien