News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Light and Shadow: A Tale of Redwall

Started by Skalrag of Marshank, August 17, 2011, 08:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skalrag of Marshank

So, I decided to write my first Redwall fanfiction. As I said, it's my first one, so bear with me...

Prologue:

The perfect summer morning was broken abruptly by a dark red figure running through the forest, trampling underbrush as it went.

A house sparrow cocked its head in the direction of the figure, curious about this intruder.

The sparrow spread its wings and fluttered to another tree, keeping the stranger in sight. The sparrow hopped to a lower branch. It was a fox!

The sparrow watched as the fox ventured a backwards glance. That was his mistake. The fox tripped over the roots of an oak tree, and went head over tail.

The sparrow could not suppress a quiet titter before flying back to his nest.

Redtail was running.

He ran blindly through Mossflower Woods, the only thought in his panicked mind was to get away from where he was.

To get away from them.

He had to get away from them. His life depended on it. He had done something terribly wrong, and if they caught him...

He couldn't bear thinking about it.

I have to look back, he thought. Are they right behind me?

Redtail turned his head around, and tripped over the roots.

Now that he had stopped running, the horror of what he had done overwhelmed his fear and panic. Tears flooded from his eyes, and sobs racked his body.

Suddenly, he heard somebeast crashing through the forest after him. The sound grew louder and louder, and he painfully dragged himself under a bush to hide.

How had everything gone so terribly wrong? How could something like this happen?

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

It sounds great!!!  ;D ;D  ;D When can we have more?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

I'll probably write some more tomorrow morning... ;) Glad you like it! Sorry I only posted the Prologue. I had to go to bed right after I wrote it... I don't even know why I called it Into the Sun...I am terrible at thinking up names...
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

'Kay, I wrote some more. Enjoy! :)
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

O.K., so I changed the name to Light and Shadow: A Tale of Redwall, because it sounded more fitting to the story.

Sorry I haven't written in a while, I got Writers' Block... :(

Anyway, feel free to give me suggestions and/or criticism! Like I said, this is my first Redwall fanfiction, so I'm still learning the ropes here...
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

It sounds really nice, Skalrag. So far, your grammar and spelling is perfect!

Skalrag of Marshank

O.K., so I wrote some more. Hope you like it! ;D
  ~ Larry Boy

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

Wow! :o This is really mysterious, it makes me want to read more! :P
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

Skipper

wow...this is awesome i want to see what happens next

Ceteruler

where can I find the story? I can't see it.

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

Only the Prologue is up at the moment, but you can find it in the first post. :)
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah, sorry. I am experiencing some Writer's Block lately, so you'll have to wait a bit before I write some more. ;)

When I finally write a next chapter (actually first chapter  ::)) I'll post it, don't worry.
  ~ Larry Boy