News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Have you named a season?

Started by Dawnwing, August 19, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawnwing

With the whole Nameday thing going on, that made me think of this idea for a thread.  Have you ever come up with names for a real-life season?  Hopefully I'm not the only one. xD

Here's ones I've come up with in the past:
Summer of the Late Cicada - don't know why I thought of that one, probably thought the cicadas seemed particularly late or something?
Autumn of the Early Harvest - an autumn with a particularly early, bountiful harvest (our plum and apple trees had so many fruits that branches were actually snapping off)
Winter of the Endless Snow - self-explanatory
Winter of the Icy Hill - nearly broke my leg on said hill when sledding; had a bruise from my knee to my ankle
Summer of the Wild Blackberry - a year when they were producing a particularly large amount
Autumn of the Elderberry (last fall) - we had lots of bushes producing, so I decided to pick them and make jam, only to discover I didn't really like the taste

For this year, I'd call this spring Spring of the Late Leaves, because it seemed like it was nearly June before everything turned green. This summer is Summer of the Torrential Rain, because we've been getting a lot of rain. All the ponds and stuff have a really high water level (there's this marsh just down the road from my house that turned into a small lake for the first time in my nineteen years of life), and one particular storm knocked out power in the city I work in for days in some parts of it, and caused the north and south halves of town to be cut off from one another for part of the first day (flooded underpasses, train stalled on the tracks, trees over the road).

Galedeep

What a creative idea, I myself hast not truly given thought to it beforehand. But I think it truly brilliant; Summer of the Shining Stream has a beautiful ring to it, does it not?

DanielofRedwall

Alright, I'll name one now: last summer in Australia: Summer of the Endless Heat. Last summer where I live was the hottest I could remember. Good pool weather, though!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Gonff

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on August 20, 2011, 03:38:36 AM
Summer of the Endless Heat.

We had this for about three weeks. Now its getting a little cooler than I would like it to be. Why can't it just be in the middle?

I can't think of a good name for our summer here. If I think of one I'll post it.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Tiria Wildlough

I named a season: this one! :D
I dind't name any other seasons, though.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Here's some of mine:

Summer of the White Moon.  (you know how the moon it usually a yellowish cream color. It was shining white the entire summer.)
Spring of the Rebuilding.
Autumn of New Beginnings.
Winter of the Head-Deep Snows.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

Also the Spring of the Endless Downpour-it was raining nonstop all spring! I was so sick of water by the end of the season!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

rachel25

• summer of the long lasting rain = last summer
  • winter of the two many days of snow/the winter of the great climb =last winter
autum of the rosey red appels =last autum  ;D
thats all I can think of for now  :P  :-*

321tumbler

For this winter I have, "Winter of the Stolen Sled." During the one snow storm strong enough to have a snow fight, our neighbors stole our sled (during the fight) and we haven't gotten it back yet.

Tam and Martin

I hope you get it back

Here's one for this last December and January and February: The Winter of HEAT!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Redwaller

Lol! Here it's the complete opposite! I never saw so much snow in one winter.

So I name it the Winter of Submerging Snows

rachel25

would you beleaive it it's going to snow here agian  :o WHY WHY WHY   JUST STOP SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

KitrallStreamrippler

Would you believe that it was warm enough to go in the pool? Hmm, last winter (2012)- Winter of Exciting Events. 'Cause, you know, the uproar about the "end of the world", and also about the Hobbit.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Maudie

For the winter that Brian Jacques died: Winter of the Fallen Warrior
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3