How long did it take?

Started by Deyna the Warrior, August 28, 2014, 04:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deyna the Warrior

How long did it take for you guys to read the whole Redwall series, like Redwall to the Rouge Crew? Not counting any time spent waiting for the next book to come out. For me, as soon as I picked up the first book, I couldn't put it down until the last page of the series. I'm a really fast reader - it took me 4 months! :D
Warriors brave, who gave all you could give,
Offered your lives so that others would live,
No one can tell what my heart longed to say
When I had to leave here, and you had to stay.

-The Long Patrol, page 312

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Jukka the Sling

It took me about four months. Started in early May 2013, finished in September, I believe.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Captain Tammo

wow it took you four months to read all 23?! that's crazy! I like to take my time with these things. I started reading them in 5th grade and rarely had to wait for the next book because Brian had a pretty solid head start on me. In the end I finished the series in around 4 years or so hahaha
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Iamthatis

It took me about 5 months to read the whole series. I loved every second of it.
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Cornflower MM

Ummm. . . . . . . Maybe two and a half months? Because I had to wait to read The Rogue Crew.

Rusvul

At no point did I read all of the books in a row. I started reading when I was younger, and significantly more saddened by violence in books and such, so I'd stop reading every so often.
Yeah. Probably took me a year or two, I dunno.

Gonff the Mousethief

It's probably going to take me a year and a half. I started in late April and am on the nineteenth so ya.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Tim Churchmouse

I started in November 2007 and finished May 2007
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

Lutra

Quote from: Tim Churchmouse on August 30, 2014, 11:23:31 AM
I started in November 2007 and finished May 2007

Ok, Doc Brown. ;)

I think even the most interested and loyal of Redwall fans would go nuts trying to read all the stories back to back.  They'd get sick of it, because aside from the first few, each story becomes very much like the one before it.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Cornflower MM

I beg to differ, Lutra. That's actually pretty much what I did. Then again, after re-re-re-re-read them, I stopped, and am only just now getting back into them.

Gonff the Mousethief

Lutra, the redwall books are the only ones ive read for more that a year (except for school reading) And I plan on finishing them .
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Blaggut

To be honest, I kinda stopped reading redwall. All I have left to go is Triss (Which I'll probably never read, it lost its steam halfway through) Redwall, 1 other book, I think I missed some of Pearls Of Lutra whilst reading it, and Rakkety Tam.

So yeah. I'm probably gunna finish them soon and then reread some of them.
~Just a soft space boi~

The Skarzs

It took me about four months to read them all (added up), and I've been trying to reread them all for the last year and a half. (Can't seem to find Salamandastron. . .)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.