My possible old account.

Started by Cornflower MM, October 12, 2014, 04:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Uh, I'm sure that a few of you know that I quite possibly joined the forum before, with an old account. I had forgotten all about the forum, my account details, etc., when I joined again a year ago. My concern is, what will happen? I don't remember anything about my account details, just that I joined. Will my newish account be deleted, or my old one? I know that this goes against the rules. Is there some form of punishment I should take? I'd like to know, since the posts in my topic in the Front Lawns is just really making me more confused.

James Gryphon

Mod: This came up before with another member during my first run -- the fellow wanted a name change, but signed up a new account, instead of asking the staff for it (which he was technically supposed to do). The rule says that you're not supposed to register more than one account, but you have to weigh the letter of the law versus the spirit -- it's really meant to prevent someone from using more than one account at a time.

So, the answer is this: I can't imagine that we would ever actually punish someone just for having had another account at some point in the past, so long as they stick with one or the other in the present. That isn't to say that you can freely make new accounts to replace your current ones; my point is just that the staff is very forgiving in this area. Now, if there is evidence that one person is using multiple accounts, simultaneously, and making posts with each of them, then the staff will definitely look into that.

As far as my post(s) on the Front Lawns go, that was meant to be a joke as much as anything; they contradict my actual views on the subject.
« Subject to editing »

Kitsune

(Wait, it's possible for someone to have a name change?)

James Gryphon

Well, it's possible to have it changed at your request, by asking Matthias. When the forum was young, I believe it was set up so that people could freely change their account names (I believe Nightfire did this; her original account name was "Lady Amber"). Not too long after that, though, it was decided that it would be better to have name changes approved and carried out by the staff. Since then, while it is possible, it hasn't happened too often, which is about how we like it.
« Subject to editing »

Tam and Martin

Just curious, what was your old account name?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

CaptainRocktree

Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Tam and Martin on October 13, 2014, 06:18:33 PM
Just curious, what was your old account name?

I can't remember. Sorry, guys.

Rusvul

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 12, 2014, 04:02:40 PM
Uh, I'm sure that a few of you know that I quite possibly joined the forum before, with an old account. I had forgotten all about the forum, my account details, etc., when I joined again a year ago. My concern is, what will happen? I don't remember anything about my account details, just that I joined. Will my newish account be deleted, or my old one? I know that this goes against the rules. Is there some form of punishment I should take? I'd like to know, since the posts in my topic in the Front Lawns is just really making me more confused.

Tam and Martin

I know that, I just wanted to ask again to make sure.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000