News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

King Mortspear

Started by Izeroth, October 15, 2014, 04:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

I had intended the weasel to be a gate guard and nothing more, but, now that you mention it, I think it would be a good idea to expand upon his character.

Hickory

Interesting! Isn't Urgil the name of a water rat from "Marlfox"?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Izeroth

Perhaps. I haven't read Marlfox on a very long time.

Delthion

Very interesting so far, can't wait for more!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

Chapter five: A surprising turn of events

Urgil walked through a hallway in Irrug Keep. It had been five days since he first entered the castle, and since Lord Darun had given him the rank of guardsbeast. Five days was nothing, and yet so much had happened. After first arriving at the gates, Urgil had become acquainted with the officers of the garrison, chosen his weapon and armour of choice, and been trained in the art of combat. Ildior had given Urgil some training in combat, but one could never train too much.

"Urgil!" A voice called urgently.

Turning his head, Urgil saw that it was Raggar, a stoat who was near him in the barracks. "What is it?" The wildcat asked.

"It's the scout patrol," Ragger replied; "they've spotted a group of barbarians in a nearby valley!"

"Barbarians? But I thought Lord Darun said they were-"

"Yes, I know he said that we wiped them out. But this group must've come from somewhere else."

"What does this mean? Are we going to fight them?" Urgil was interested in the idea of fighting the barbarians, and yet scared of it at the same time.

"I don't know yet. All I know is that they've been spotted near us."

The entire garrison had assembled in the great hall. All the guardsbeasts milled about in a crowd, while the officers and captains, seemingly engaged in conversation, huddled in a seperate group. Nobeast seemed to truly know what was going on, and a clamor of questions filled the hall.

Suddenly, Darun came down the stairs and into the hall. He paused briefly, surveying the audience, and then began his speech. "Beasts of Irrug Keep," he said, "barbarians have been seen in the Gilded Valley. The older ones among you will remember that, nearly ten seasons ago, we wiped the all the local savages out. I had hoped this would discourage new barbarians from coming to our lands, but it seems that it has not. Fortunately, our scouting patrol has revealed that we outnumber the savages. We are to head to the Gilded Valley at once; I shall personally lead."

Hickory

Cool, I like the speech by Darun. How will you make the barbarians look? And will they sharply contrats with the guards? I suggest highlighting the difference in the wardrobes.

Hickory

Sorry for the double post...

Is Irrug keep in the far north, beyond Mossflower? If it is, may I have permission to use it in my latest fanfic? I need a place marker and Irrug is the best one for the north.

Izeroth

Yes; it's far, far North from Mossflower. You have permission to use it in anything you want, also.

Hickory

;D Turns out I probably won't need it. Probably.