News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall Online Community Teamspeak!

Started by Talinn, November 16, 2014, 05:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talinn

Hello there everyone!

A few other people and I have set up a Redwall Online Community Teamspeak, freely open for use by any member of the ROC! You can now chat, in either voice or text chat, with any of your friends or other members of the ROC on there! You can talk about Redwall, games, or, well, anything really! If you have a website or forum, such as the Vulpine Imperium or Redwall's Legacy, I can make a channel specifically for you and put a password on it if you want it to be private. Just post in this thread if you want that!

What is Teamspeak?

TeamSpeak is what it names says: it allows members of a team to speak to each other. There are many ways of doing that, but TeamSpeak makes it easy and interesting even when the members of the team are scattered around the globe. It uses VoIP and the Internet to connect people through servers. This can be achieved often for free. Dozens, hundreds and even thousands of people can communicate in real-time using this tool, either to have fun of to collaborate in a more serious and professional context.

Where do I download it?

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

How do I connect to the server?

Go to Connections ---> Connect

Then enter in: 50.97.201.62:10527 for the Server Address, and pick your username!

Once you've connected, you can begin talking to people in either voice or text chat!

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=tutorials

A quick little tutorial with Teamspeak, though it seriously is not that complicated!

Talinn

Upon request, set up a Long Patrol Club channel for those members, so they can talk about their website and hang out.

We're also thinking of setting up a meeting a few times a week where Redwall fans can just hang out and get on, apart from whoever wants to just be on and lurk there.

neopraxus

A lot of good discussion going on here.  Would definitely suggest people to come and join in.

Roxford Lansey

Best thing to happen to the Redwall community in forever!  I highly suggest joining! Great discussion and nerdy stuff.

SilentSam

So... there are 3 users suddenly made, and their first post is advertising this website.  :-\  :(
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Talinn

Quote from: SilentSam on November 17, 2014, 12:14:42 PM
So... there are 3 users suddenly made, and their first post is advertising this website.  :-\  :(

Well, they've actually been members of the VI for a while, I asked them to post here to prove other people who use this besides me actually exist  :P. Not everyone in the ROC community uses Redwall Abbey, though there -is- a lot of cross pollination. Today was pretty good though, we had around seven people on over the day,four from the Imperium, one from Redwall's Legacy, one from Long Patrol Club, and one from the Redwall Facebook group. Rorgus from RWL, Molthiur(SP?) from LPC, Kouki Mimizuki from the RW Facebook group, Pavot D. Savauge, Roxford N. Lanesy, Dullfur Percy, and me from the Imperium, you can message any of them to confirm the above were real people, though I think Molthiur and Kouki were gone when people were posting on here. We're actually thinking about hosting a weekly Redwall fan meetup or something on the weekends, just to meet members from the community and talk about good old times. Regardless it's not like I'm running some massive disinformation campaign of recruitment here on the Redwall Abbey Forums, it's just a nice little TS server for people who want to talk about the books or just chat/game with other Redwall fans/fans of the Redwall Online Community.

You're entirely free to use it if you have a website or just want to talk to your online ROC friends about something, you can have your own channel and I can even password protect it for you, if you wanted to have a site meeting or something. It's fairly more convenient/reliable than Skype, especially for voice chat while you're doing other things like gaming, etc. We'd love to have you on there Samkin so you can see for yourself these people exist  ;D. Though we might be slowish during the weekdays because a lot of us are in college/late high school and this time of year is pretty difficult, paper deadlines, midterms, etc.

The Skarzs

Interesting. . . If my mom will allow it, I will make an effort to join.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

This sounds awesome! Of course, I'd have to get my parents' permission, but... you say you could set up a private channel for whoever? 'Cause if I was to do it, I'd prefer to be on a channel limited to members of this site, since I know everyone here.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Talinn

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 18, 2014, 01:59:54 AM
This sounds awesome! Of course, I'd have to get my parents' permission, but... you say you could set up a private channel for whoever? 'Cause if I was to do it, I'd prefer to be on a channel limited to members of this site, since I know everyone here.

Yeah, I can set one up for this website specifically. You guys would have to tell me what password you want though or maybe I can just add you to a specific server group, make you a channel admin, and you can like add people from here to that channel.

Hurdy

Joined! Seems like I missed the most recent chat though.

Talinn

Quote from: Hurdy on November 18, 2014, 06:09:56 AM
Joined! Seems like I missed the most recent chat though.

Yeah, we're most active during American afternoon hours, so from around 12:00 p.m. PST through about 10:00 p.m. PST.