News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Future of the Forum

Started by Matthias720, June 11, 2011, 05:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

Loving the new format guys!

I think a spell check would be handy. Also a quiz forum, maybe.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

I don't know where else to say this.

The new font is much easier to read and I see the background issue has been dealt with. Thanks to whoever is responsible! I also like the "So-and-so is viewing this board."

The Lady Shael

Glad you like the changes. :) Redwall Abbey gave me admin privileges to help out with spam and I figured it wouldn't hurt to make some of the updates the members were asking for. Let us know if there's anything else we can do.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Dawnwing

These forums are quite slow for me compared to other sites.  There's lag when I try to scroll down, and when I type, I have to sit and wait for the words to appear on the screen after I finish typing before it will let me do anything else (same with using arrow keys to move the typing cursor, or hitting backspace/delete to delete letters.)

Also, (I don't know if it happens all the time, because I've only had one post so far that long), it would appear that whenever a post is longer than the visible part of the box and makes it scroll, it won't stay scrolled down to where you're typing - it keeps jumping back to the top of the post when you type.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Dawnwing on July 08, 2011, 05:08:08 AM
These forums are quite slow for me compared to other sites.  There's lag when I try to scroll down, and when I type, I have to sit and wait for the words to appear on the screen after I finish typing before it will let me do anything else (same with using arrow keys to move the typing cursor, or hitting backspace/delete to delete letters.)

Also, (I don't know if it happens all the time, because I've only had one post so far that long), it would appear that whenever a post is longer than the visible part of the box and makes it scroll, it won't stay scrolled down to where you're typing - it keeps jumping back to the top of the post when you type.

That will happen to me ever so often on sites.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 08, 2011, 05:32:54 AM

That will happen to me ever so often on sites.
That happened to me too. But then, I was using my 6-year-old laptop, and now I'm using a newer one, and not having much trouble.  :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

The Lady Shael

This sounds like a problem with either the computer or the browser you are using. The site works fine for most people, but it may be possible it is not optimized for all computer types or all browser types.

Spend a little more time around the site and see if the performance improves.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Wouldnae it be a good idea to create a board for non-Redwall stories that members have written and want to post to the forum?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Well, if you want to do that, there's some good sites out there for it. Including a few that tend to be linked with Redwall in certain ways.
But here, I don't think that'll happen.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

The Lady Shael

fanfiction.net or wordpress.com. This is a Redwall site so fanfiction should be Redwall-related. You can post links to your stories in Off-Topic Discussion if you still want us to read it. :)

DanielofRedwall

Love the new namws, Cavern Hole and the cellars!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

We zhouldae one called the Kitchens. Dinnae ken wot it wid be for, though.

Nightfire

I think we should have a bar at the top of the screen that shows who's online and who's not. It would be useful to know whether or not you the only one on this thing at the moment. And as for the kitchen idea, Galaxy, it would be for posting about your favorite Redwall foods and drinks.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

We already have a bar fer tha', tiz down a' the bottom.