Redwall is in the White House!

Started by LordTBT, November 30, 2014, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Quote from: LordTBT on December 06, 2014, 10:25:54 PM
Quote from: SilentSam on December 06, 2014, 03:05:12 PM
It probably won't make much a difference in popularity for the Redwall series.

It's not about an increase in popularity. It's about exposure.

And because the Prez and his fam bought those books, Redwall received a lots of news coverage.

And maybe now, because someone read an article, they bought Redwall for THEIR kids. Or themselves.

And MAYBE at least one person who reads the books grows to love 'em as much as we do.

I don't see how anyone can argue against that being a positive.

Well said, TBT!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

MeadowR

It's always nice to see the books are still being bought and enjoyed! :) Don't think they're in publication over here at the mo - not in shops, anywho.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ungatt Trunn

Now that's cool that Redwall has found its way into the White House. And, as unlikely as it will be, if they led anyone there to these forums...
;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Romsca

We need to prepare a feast if they ever come to Redwall!, eh, wot! But then the abbot might have to talk to him about some (or quite a few) things... *ahem* *ahem*

Ungatt Trunn

Yea, like discussing the possibility of a scale-sized version of Redwall Abbey! And maybe Salamandastron, and just all of Mossflower... ;D

The Skarzs

Quote from: Romsca on December 19, 2014, 12:44:46 AM
We need to prepare a feast if they ever come to Redwall!, eh, wot! But then the abbot might have to talk to him about some (or quite a few) things... *ahem* *ahem*
Indeed.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Inde- Hey, you stole my line!

Indeed...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cluny the Scourge

If Obama enjoys the books he bought bought maybe he will buy the rest of the series and there could even be a movie made from the books!!

Hickory

*raises eyebrow* an animated movie?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LordTBT

Quote from: Cluny the Scourge on January 09, 2015, 09:57:57 PM
If Obama enjoys the books he bought bought maybe he will buy the rest of the series and there could even be a movie made from the books!!

Redwall is currently being optioned for a movie. The President will have no effect on it.
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:LordTBT/News:Redwall_being_optioned_for_a_major_movie

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: LordTBT on January 14, 2015, 01:29:33 AM
Quote from: Cluny the Scourge on January 09, 2015, 09:57:57 PM

Redwall is currently being optioned for a movie. The President will have no effect on it.
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:LordTBT/News:Redwall_being_optioned_for_a_major_movie
Nice! So you would say this one is totally legit, aye?  ;D I hope this project goes underway!

The Skarzs

There's a whole topic on that; it's been optioned for film, but it's going to be a while before we get any more definite answers.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.