Possibly rare Redwall collectors card?

Started by CaptainRocktree, January 12, 2015, 06:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRocktree

Hey everyone, So I'm not back for long but I had something really nagging me that I felt like I had to post on here! First, I want to say for Christmas I got some really neat tribes of Redwall books along with the Redwall map and riddle, Redwall friend or foe, Song from Redwall, And the Redwall journal! I have been looking through those books lately but last night I was looking through the Redwall journal, Then when I was flipping through the pages to my great surprise a bookmark fell out of one of the pages, It was a neat bookmark with the 2010 firebird logo, Then a picture of Brian Jacques, and a few other cool stuff on it. But then I realized something else fell out. When I looked my closely at it I saw it seemed like a Redwall trading card. This morning I did some more research and found out they had some Redwall collectors cards ( Here is what it says on the Redwall wikia,

"Redwall Collector Cards were first released in 1998 as a promotional Redwall item. They are unavailable for sale in any store, and were commonly handed out at bookstores when a customer purchased a Redwall novel. Collector cards are also currently given out to members of the Redwall Readers Club. The cards themselves are 2.5 inches wide by 3.5 inches high.

There are two different series, British and American.

Out of the British cards, only #9, #10, and #11 are still available. British cards #1 to #8 are permanently out of print. There are 12 British cards in total. They feature a Redwall character, with a brief biography on the back. The #12 is Ungatt Trunn." )

What really struck me about that was the last part (Which I highlighted) Because the card I found had a picture of Ungatt Trunn then said #12!

Does it mean that the card is no longer in print? Or that it is rare? Or is it just another everyday thingy that's no big deal? Can anyone shed some light? I would love some answers!
(I'll try to upload some pictures later)

Remember, I'm not back permanently just felt like I had to share this! :P
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

Welcome back for the time being! As of these cards, I have never once heard of them. Maybe Lord BTB or James Gryphon can get some more information on it. Sounds like you got a rare one!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on January 12, 2015, 11:18:09 PM
Welcome back for the time being! As of these cards, I have never once heard of them. Maybe Lord BTB or James Gryphon can get some more information on it. Sounds like you got a rare one!

Heh, it's Lord TBT. It may be rare, I know someone who would like that card vary, vary much
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Firehawke

Is there any way that you could post a picture???  I got a pack of cards in the 20th Anniversary edition of Redwall.

Here's the Amazon page for the anniversary edition:
http://www.amazon.com/Redwall-20th-Anniversary-Brian-Jacques/dp/0142409456/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1421176327&sr=1-2&keywords=redwall+anniversary+edition

And here's a link to the Redwall Wiki page about the cards that came with it...
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Redwall_Collector_Cards

Does your card look like one of these?
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Søren

Wow that's cool! I never even knew that had cards! I'm wondering if it's valueable too, this is intreaging.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

And that spelling sounded like nails on a chalkboard.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LordTBT

"Rare" ? I'd say you can still find them.

But out of print, yes.

Is this the card you have? If not, please share pictures.

http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ukungatttrunn.jpg

Captain Tammo

Wow I didn't know that they had these! Pretty cool, I'd keep it!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

CaptainRocktree

Hello! Sorry for my really, really, really delayed response! Thank you for all the wonderful answers! To clear it up the link that TBT posted is what the card looks like :P, Also, Can anyone explain how the card got into my Redwall journal? Thanks!
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

LordTBT

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on January 26, 2015, 08:07:32 PM
Hello! Sorry for my really, really, really delayed response! Thank you for all the wonderful answers! To clear it up the link that TBT posted is what the card looks like :P, Also, Can anyone explain how the card got into my Redwall journal? Thanks!

If your journal was purchased from an independent seller online, it's entirely possible the original owner stuck it in there for one reason or another.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.