News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

How the TV series could be improved

Started by Hickory, March 03, 2015, 03:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I'll start us off.

1. The shrews are low in numbers and don't carry rapiers.
2. Some of the vermin could afford to be a little smarter, their all over/underweight. And not very smart.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on March 03, 2015, 03:03:00 PM
I'll start us off.

But shrews DIDN'T have rapiers in the TV Show. They just had regular swords.

Personally, I'm largely fine with the TV Show as is.

Though really, it's been so long the real issue is what we'd do if we could make a new Show.

Tim Churchmouse

I thought that the Tv series was good, but a little too intended for child audiences. I mean, the only actually violent death in Mattimeo was obscured by a tree (Log-a-Log being the killer). I just think that it lacked oomph
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

The Skarzs

There have been several good posts concerning the amount and nature of the violence presented in the series, but I would just like to say that yes, they were more angled toward kids because that's what the book was intended for; in a book, it is up to the imagination of the reader to interpret how violent the scene seems.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Starla1431

I felt the books were for a more older audience. I agree that the TV show could have a bit more violence.

Hickory

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on March 03, 2015, 05:55:25 PM
Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on March 03, 2015, 03:03:00 PM
I'll start us off.

But shrews DIDN'T have rapiers in the TV Show. They just had regular swords.

Personally, I'm largely fine with the TV Show as is.

Though really, it's been so long the real issue is what we'd do if we could make a new Show.
Did they? Hmm, ok

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Tim Churchmouse on March 03, 2015, 08:17:07 PM
I thought that the Tv series was good, but a little too intended for child audiences. I mean, the only actually violent death in Mattimeo was obscured by a tree (Log-a-Log being the killer). I just think that it lacked oomph

I know what you mean, but there's still a large amount of death on the series nevertheless. It is definitely what I'd qualify as "violent".

Now, what I would do to improve the series... I would definitely make "smarter" antagonists, the fact that the redwallers could defeat some accomplished warriors like Cluny, Ironbeak and Slagar has always felt a little weird to me, almost silly (especially when those warriors were fooled by some obvious tricks and the like). I mean, the redwallers SHOULD win at the end, but it would be nice if the bad guys could pull off more of a fight before their inevitable defeat.

BTW: Hiya all!
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Starla1431

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on March 04, 2015, 08:18:11 PM

I know what you mean, but there's still a large amount of death on the series nevertheless. It is definitely what I'd qualify as "violent".

Now, what I would do to improve the series... I would definitely make "smarter" antagonists, the fact that the redwallers could defeat some accomplished warriors like Cluny, Ironbeak and Slagar has always felt a little weird to me, almost silly (especially when those warriors were fooled by some obvious tricks and the like). I mean, the redwallers SHOULD win at the end, but it would nice if the bad guys could pull off more of a fight before their inevitable defeat.

Hello! Welcome to the forums!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Starla1431 on March 04, 2015, 09:11:30 PM

Now, what I would do to improve the series... I would definitely make "smarter" antagonists, the fact that the redwallers could defeat some accomplished warriors like Cluny, Ironbeak and Slagar has always felt a little weird to me, almost silly (especially when those warriors were fooled by some obvious tricks and the like). I mean, the redwallers SHOULD win at the end, but it would nice if the bad guys could pull off more of a fight before their inevitable defeat.

Hello! Welcome to the forums!

Thank you! Very nice to meet ya ^_^
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

JangoCoolguy

Actually, that happened all the time in the books too. Jacques gets some of the blame.

And welcome to the community! Here, have some cordial and a trifle! :)

MeadowR

What to change... so much from what I've seen! I think the designs were a bit too cutesy/Disneyfied in some cases and in others, the characters didn't look much like the animal they were meant to be.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Hickory

The one thing I really liked was Asmodeus. From what I remember, they portray him perfectly.

Skyblade

I don't like how they changed Pallum's gender :P That always bugged me.

The TV show is overall cool, though.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

rexhyuga

The music from the TV was always amazing I found.

I understand a few tweaks need to be made here and there, just follow the source though. There is no reason to change so many things.
Quote from: NarratorIn a world, where floating cupcakes rule over all, one stallion and his magic bucket is our only salvation!