Downtown

Started by Kitsune, March 30, 2015, 02:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRose

The buzzer rang and Veroe smiled as she retrieved her package from an awed delivery squirrel. She tipped the squirrel and closed the for in an effective dismissal before dialing a number on her smartphone. "Hello?"* "It's here."

*Voice at the other end of the phone. Something of an npc
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Kitsune

K'taah flinched. How does he know my name and police records? Still, she was interested....  "What do you mean by 'ferrying identities?' Will I have to give rides to random hoodlums that you conjure up?" she asked. "And just to let you know," she dropped the tone of her voice to a dangerous level. "If I feel the least bit threatened, I will go to full measures to make sure that I am not. Now," her voice lightened, "How much compensation would I receive for this said job?"

Hickory

"Let's not get hasty. No, you will not be ferrying random hoodlums I conjure up. As for compensation, I'll go for..."

OOC: I'm using dollars.

BIC: "...about $1,500, a week. And maybe more, depending on the customer you're ferrying."

"I can supply you with anything you need: weapons, another vehicle, technology, money, it's actually pretty easy to get. I'm not going to get you caught. And I don't want to brand you a criminal. I want your help. Call me back, it's your decision."

With that Fardan snapped his cell phone shut and tossed it on the table. He turned back to his computer and assessed the e-mail responses for the three companies. They all wanted his money.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Sitting back in the seat and occasionally checking the binoculars along the darkened street Arron was having a quiet night for once. Kat didn't appear to want to talk so he mostly ignored her and listened to the police scanner.

"Armed robbery taking place in metro area 3272 Grizzened street, immediate back up requested over" Arron waited for this one to subside without responding. The Metro area was a half hour drive across the city, by the time he arrived the take down would be over.

"Black SUV driving westbound on 237 going onto the ramp over" 237 was closer but a chase could go anywhere very quickly so he decided to stay out of it. Arron tapped the dash board impatiently waiting for something good to come in.

"Oscar 2-2 check in." Came a quick order over the radio. Arron picked up the mouth piece, he was Oscar 2-2.

"This is Oscar 2-2 checking in, all clear and quiet over." Arron said quickly, he was about to but the mouth piece back when the reply came over.

"Roger, Oscar 2-2 Standby." This was followed by more normal transmissions but Arron was waiting for one in particular. It was not often when a administrative officer told him to standby, This had to be good.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Kitsune

K'taah let the disconnect tone buzz for a few seconds before removing the phone from her ear and tapping "End Call". She put her phone back in her pocket and slowly sat down in her armchair again. $1,500 a week? That was more than three times what she was currently being paid from her boring job at Lauren's Apparel! She chuckled to herself. She would definitely take the job. Her life had been on a downward cycle to Boring Land for a while now, and after tonight, she wanted more of that thrill. She unbuckled her boots, completely this time, and flexed her feet in the uncomfortable freedom. She wore high heels every day, but they still could get uncomfortable after a while. If she wasn't wearing the brightly colored stilettoes that she wore at work, she was wearing her high heeled boots. She placed her boots under the chair and sat in it for a while. She was still too roused by the night's events to go to sleep. A shower might help. She stood up and walked to the bathroom to take a long, steamy shower and went to bed afterwards.

OOC: Let me know when you are ready for it to be morning.

LT Sandpaw

They waited patiently in the patrol car for the administrative officer to radio back. After a while they received his message something about being the barrier around an important arrest. Driving to their lockdown point they turned on the lights and waited for the all clear.

It took a few minutes but the call came to break the perimeter they had created. Arron who was slightly annoyed by the mission drove slightly erratically the entire time.

OOC: I'm ready for a slight time swap.

BlueRose

After finishing her call, Veroe opened. the package to reveal an original, signed copy of Oceans Above, a sci-fi novel by an author her book club was reviewing.

OOC:  Veroe may be a mercenary,  but she's trying very hard to be a sweet aunt type. This isn't the way I planned her. *walks away, mumbling about characters with minds of their own* Oh, and a time change is chill with me.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Søren

OOC: I'll jump in with the time change.

I'm retired from the forum

Kitsune

OOC: Okay, it's morning now!

BIC: The alarm buzzed at exactly 7:30 a.m. K'taah groaned and sat up in her bed. Although the late nights were worth it for her, it didn't always feel that way in the morning. She turned of her alarm and walked to the bathroom, wincing as she turned on the lights. Having taken a shower last night, she didn't need to take one now. She washed her face with cold water and ran a comb through her fur/hair*. She grabbed a lime green dress and a pair of matching high heels from the closet and changed into them. Afterwards, she grabbed her nametag from the nightstand, her purse from the counter, and an apple from the fridge. With that, she walked out the door.

K'taah locked the front door behind her and began to walk toward the elevator. She thought it was silly to use the elevator to go down one floor, but others wearing high heels could not handle steps like she could, and she did not want to stand out. She never thought about why, for others would dismiss it quickly. I guess it's just my nature to be secretive she reflected. She walked across the balcony and smiled at the man working at the front desk. She opened the front doors and started to walk down the sidewalk toward Lauren's Appeal.

*Personally, I imagined her with hair, but I don't know what view (having hair or not) is correct.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I always thought them having hair would look a little funny, everyone to their Own I suppose.

BIC: Arriving at the station early Arron waited impatiently for Kat to arrive so he could hit the streets. While he was waiting one of the officers brought three massive boxes full of donuts. The gray squirrel willed himself not to look at the round pastries wanting to stay lean.

"Sergeant Arron." A voice made him snap around, a strong middle aged weasel stood before him. The weasel didn't wear the same blue uniform as Arron but had a black suit. He had well polished shoes and Arron could see a slight bulge under the weasels jacket betraying the presence of a hidden weapon. It was his superior Detective Voc.

"Yes sir?" Arron asked cautiously. He had a poor record with Voc and they were usually very cordial.

"I have a case for you." Voc said surprising Arron. The weasel was usually very jealous of his cases never letting anybeast near until he had solved it.

"Uh okay, what is it?" Voc wasted no time in answering, instead he passed a file over to Arron. It wasn't very thick and was discouragingly vague.

"Its a hacker case, someone broke into our criminal files and as far as we can tell took or removed nothing, your to find him or her." Voc said suspiciously cheerful. Arron narrowed his eyes angrily.

"This is nearly unsolvable sir and you know it!"

"Exactly I can't have a unsolved case on my record. I trust you will take care of it accordingly, your excused from normal duties until the case is solved or you give up. Now excuse me I have cases to solve." With a slight swagger Voc strode off leaving a furious Arron.

Kat arrived just about then watching Arron interested. "What's that?" The mouse asked for once the glare gone from her face.

"A case, and I'm going to rub it in Voc's face when I solve it. Lets go Kat we have someone to go meet."

Hickory

Fardan slammed down the phone. Stoats! Why were they so arrogant and demanding? He'd have to take a walk and meet him personally. The cat growled in anger; he disliked outside trips. Loading a mag in his semi-auto, he cautiously opened the door to the shed. All clear. Be fore leaving, he erased all the memory on his devices and tucked the USB into his pocket. Checking the worn map he always kept on him, he turned south and headed for an abandoned warehouse.

He forgot to take the list.

LT Sandpaw

The black and white pulled to a stop in front of a small house in the middle of a residential area. Arron glanced around, it wasn't the best of neighborhoods he guessed everyone doing something illegal ran when they saw the car.

Stepping out Arron walked around to the other side where Kat was standing having already gotten out.

"Stay on your guard, I hate this place and this place hates me." Arron told her before marching up to the house knocking loudly on the door. After a moment a small hedgehog opened the door and stared up at the two cops his eyes wide. Turning the young hedgehog shouted into the house.

"Daaaaddy its the Popo again." Kat looked at Arron a surprised look on her face when a large fat hedgehog walked to the door.

"I'm following all the regulations, see I'm even wearing this bracelet what do you want now?" When he saw Arron a large grin came across his face. "Arron my old squirrel pal I haven't seen you since you join the academy how have you been."

"Your friends with a felon?" Kat asked.

"One time friends." Arron muttered as the hedgehog ushered them inside.

Hickory

Fardan stole across a alley intersection. His eyes glittered in the dark as he observed Arron's patrol car cruise by. That officer... Fardan would have to keep an eye on him.

The warehouse loomed up. Slipped though a small back door, Fardan heard teh stoat's nervous shuffling. Hee called out in a loud whisper. "I'm here. What now?"

"My money, that's what."

Fardan had nocated the stoat's position. He quietly slipped his semi-automatic out of his jacket and attached a silencer. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he drew a bead on the stoat. "I''ve got a gun on you. Wou've been stretching my nerves, and I'm not letting you get information to the cops. Goodbye."

There was a muffled Blam and Fardan heard the stoat slump to the ground, never to rise again. The job was done. He left the body. It was always fun to leave a present for the morning patrol.

Izeroth

Ragar looked out from a broken window, carefully eyeing Fardan.. The weasel had seen the cat in the area before, and he wasn't about to let him get away with yet another act of injustice.

Seeing Fardan caught off guard, Ragar raised his rifle and took aim. Just a little more to the left, and I'll be able to do him in for good.

Hickory

Some sixth sense told Fardan to exit the warehouse from a different side. The cat drew his rapier, looking about. He ducked out the east door, taking the long route back to his shed.