Hunger Games OOC

Started by Skyblade, May 07, 2015, 09:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

This is an RP that I hope will help increase activity in the Roleplaying forum - if you're interested, of course ;)

It's basically a Redwall version of the Hunger Games, with a few differences:

1) There are no districts.

2) The characters will not actually die. Let me explain. All the fighters have been summoned to participate in a tournament. Everybeast who is killed will be revived outside the arena (this will be the only magic involved in the Games). The prize for the victor is to have one wish granted (okay, this is the one other part of magic in the Games. There won't be much more than this). Since this is a gain something or lose nothing deal, a handful of Mossflower creatures have volunteered to try it out.

3) Age range does not matter. Your character(s) can be any age you choose.

Now, you may be wondering: there can be only one winner. How will we decide who it is? Once the sign-ups are completed, I will enter all the names in a randomizer. This will create a list of who dies when. For example, your character might be the seventh character to die out of twelve. Now, before you say, "NOOO! THAT IS LAME", let me explain.I think this is the simplest and fairest way to decide when the characters die. Everyone would like to win, but only one can. Also, this actually allows for some creativity. Let's say you are the seventh beast to die and the one before you has just been killed. Well, it's YOUR choice how you want to die, and it doesn't have to be right away, either. You can die bravely in battle, or starve, or anything. This may sound strange, but I think it would be interesting. Like in Overlord's Orders, you can be creative.

Another problem arises now. What if your character is one of the first to go? You'll be out of the RP a bit quickly. To compensate, I will allow you to have up to three characters. This ensures that you stay in the RP longer (and increases your chances of winning).

Sign - Up Form
Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Backstory:
Other:

I will start when there is a good number of people. Suggestions are welcome; enjoy the game. May the odds be ever in your favor!

Characters
Marshall Scottsworth (Gonff the Mousethief)
Vardan Blackfang (Izeroth)
Kana (Rainshadow)
Yexter Stone (The Mask)
Asher Blackflight (Sagetip, the hare)
Holokai Ikaia (Jasper)
Kajahffy Aldinica (HanNorwood)
Raymo Slingstream (rrrrr)
Brackenridge Winthrop Isilborne Nigelson Lanchire Gorothon Dennisworth (Wylder Treejumper)
Sean O'Flanagan (Delthion)
Hallie (Skyblade)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jetthebinturong

Definitely interested, will decide who I want to use when I have the time
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Mask

Sounds interesting! I'll put my form up soon.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Hickory

After my beauty sleep I'll post my form.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

Aw Yiss!

Name: Marshall Scottsworth
Species: Fox
Appearance: Has a blue coat of fur and wears a blue tunic with black hood and cape. He is missing a tail, and has quite a few scars on his chest.
Personality: Can be very peppy, but also quite tuned in and concentrated. Plus, he does not like to be around others.
Strengths: Is very good at archery and dagger throwing. He can also be light on his feet can is alright at climbing.
Weaknesses: Can get to emotional and haughty. Hates to swim, and does not have strong endurance.
Backstory: His parents died when he was about 10, and had to leave the Highlands and look for a place to live. Upon traveling, he met his future wife and built a cottage together in East Mossflower. She was about to have their child, but she died in labor, and it left Marshall alone to make a living for him and his child. When the child was only a few months old, he left him at Redwall, regretting everything he had done after leaving the Highlands. He heard news of this competition and though if he could win, he might be able to raise his son. But if he died, it would not make a difference.
Other: Has nightmares about his family, and how life could have been.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Izeroth

Name: Vardan Blackfang
Species: Weasel
Appearance: A tall, fairly thin weasel with brown fur and blue eyes. He wears only a red cloak, fastened with an iron pin
Personality: Ruthless and clever, Vardan will do nearly anything to win. Any sympathy or kindness he may have had in the past has long ago left him.
Strengths: A relatively good fighter; clever
Weaknesses: Has a bit of a limp in his leg, slowing him down when he tries to run
Backstory: Once an advisor in a vermin horde, Vardan fled south after otter warriors all but wiped out his group. Now he's in Mossflower, with few regrets and nothing to lose.
Other: When asked about his backstory, Vardan usually tries to change the subject.

Skyblade

I'm pleased with the turnout! :) Both accepted. I will also post my characters once sign-ups near closing.

Wylder Treejumper

Oh my, I would join, but leaving makes things complicated. I guess if I could be killed off by early June, then I will join.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Skyblade

We'll miss you when you leave :( But, yes, I'll arrange for you to be one of the first to get killed.

Rainshadow

Man, I haven't been in an RP for a LONG time.  This one sounds interesting, so I think I might just join.

Kana
Name:  Kana (CAW-nuh)

Species:  Squirrel

Appearance:  Kana is a weak-looking young squirrel with a small frame.  You can faintly see her bones underneath her dirty grey fur, and her black eyes have bags under them from many sleepless nights.
  Covering Kana's small body is a ratty tunic that has definitely seen better days, and all of her paws are wrapped in rough cloth like makeshift gloves and shoes.

Personality:  Kana is a quiet (and scared, but she'd be caught dead before telling anybeast that) squirrel who, after what she's been through, has learned not to trust anybeast.  She is willing to kill those who threaten her, and even some who don't; all she wants to do is survive.

Strengths:  The squirrelmaid is skilled with knives and daggers, can climb fairly well (as well as any squirrel), and is very talented in the art of stealth, making her a good thief.

Weaknesses:  As Kana is rather underweight, she has very little strength and can be overpowered quickly.  She can't handle herself in a fight very well, especially if her opponent is larger than her (which most beasts are).  Also, she can barely swim; the best she can do is thrash about to slowly propel herself forward.

Backstory:  Kana was abandoned as a young kit, left in some run-down shack on the outskirts of a large town to the north.  She quickly learned how to survive by herself, making sure she stayed away from the dark parts of town, where a small band of criminals lived.  As the seasons went by, the squirrel taught herself different skills, such as how to remain unseen and unheard.  She stole food and money to survive, soon becoming one of the best thieves in the town; of course, she got no credit for it, because few saw her face.  If any did, they didn't live to tell the tale.
  But, eventually, one beast got away.  They spread the news of the squirrel thief, her face showed up on wanted posters, and she fled from the town.  She lost everything she had, save for the clothes on her back and a few coins in her pouch.  She's now searching for some way, any way, to survive.  Whatever she must do, she'll do it.

Other:  You don't want to make Kana angry.  If you make her angry, one of you is bound to end up dead.
[close]

Question:  Are the characters forced into the games, or do they sign up of their own free will?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Skyblade

Accepted! Thanks for joining, everyone! ;)

They choose out of their free will. The beasts who are killed don't actually die - they are revived outside the arena. Everyone is vying for the same prize - a granted wish.

The Mask

Name:Yexter Stone
Species:Otter
Appearance:Pretty average looking . Quite short, he's only 10.
Personality:Incredibly smart for is age. Uses his innocence to get close to other opponents before stabbing them.
Strengths:Looks and can act sweet. Smart. Manipulative and shifty.
Weaknesses: Not very strong, or quick. Has to rely on other competitors to protect him.
Backstory: Kicked out of his village for causing an uprising against his Skipper so he could become the leader. His wish is to get revenge on the Skipper.
Other: Uses a dagger.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Hickory

Here you are:

Name: Asher Blackflight
Species: Squirrel
Appearance: Black squirrel
Personality: Reclusive, temperamental
Strengths: Excellent archer, agile, good climber
Weaknesses: bad at melee fighting
Backstory: (is this optional?)
Other: N/A
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jasper

Deal me in.   :D

I'll be putting up characters whenever I get the chance - hopefully soon.

Name: Holokai Ikaia
Species: Mouse
Appearance: He has long blonde-brown hair on one side of his head, while the other is shaved closely. It reaches just past his shoulder, and has a white island flower braided into it. He has piercing blue eyes and strange tattoos. An islander and long-time coconut salesmouse, he is well versed with the machete. (Which he often uses to cut coconuts for his customers.) He is very athletic from a strict diet of nothing but coconut and constant exercise climbing trees and running around in the sand. He wears a simple cloth tunic.
Personality: Holokai has a very intense personality. The dangers of the desert island have taught him to be constantly aware of his surroundings, and the lack of resources on the islands has taught him to take huge advantage of whatever he does have. Due to the general lack of customers at his coconut hut, he is usually pretty quiet and considering, and has a small habit of talking to himself.
Strengths: Agility, attentiveness, Machete
Weakness: Any kind of ranged weapon, and Females- (although he doesn't realize this yet, as he has never actually met one other than his mother.)
Backstory: He was born into a family of coconut salesmice, who taught him the ways of the coconut. Eventually his parents grew old and, as is tradition, made a canoe and set out for another horizon.
Other: Holokai came into the tournament to win his one wish - to be young forever.

Skyblade

All of you are accepted :)