News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

I finally read Lord Brocktree!

Started by Spearfinn, May 14, 2015, 01:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spearfinn

Lord Brocktree I aggre with you he is pretty down to earth compared to all the other BL
Redwallllllll!

rrrrr

When I first read it I didn't even know that this was before everything else, and I wondered why there was no Redwall. :P
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Delthion

Quote from: Banya on May 15, 2015, 05:20:23 AM
Well, Sierra, check out the mole speech in English and compare it to the Spanish translation, I suppose.  If it's not clear in Spanish, moles have a dialect unique to their species.

Lord Brocktree is the most recent book I've read from the series.  I love it because of the large numbers on each side and the many successful maneuvers by the Bark Crew, and the Blue Horderats were unique and memorable.  The impression I got of the book this time around was a lot different than the first time I read it, which was probably over 10 years ago.  (I've read it once or twice in between.) 

Thoughts
This time reading I found Jukka and Fleetscut's prolonged hostility more petty and nagging than anything else.  I can't help but like Jukka; I don't care for Fleetscut at all.  He acted like a child, and Woebee and Frutch were equally irritating.  I didn't used to like Bucko, but he was one of my favourites this time because of his humility, leadership, and determination.  I've always considered Dotti the protagonist of the book, despite the title, but I felt this time that after she defeated Bucko she almost fades into a minor character role.  Brog and Stiffener remain the great characters I remember them to be.
[close]
[/font]

That's funny, I really liked Fleetscut and was okay with Jukka. ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.