Foreign Intrusion

Started by The Skarzs, May 21, 2015, 05:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

OOC: You never said that!... XP...
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

OOC: No, but I was relying on the fact that Vrungin came from where Salamandastron was and Karn from the River Moss for their locations to be determined.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

OOC: The easiest way to get from Salamandastron to Redwall in my mind was the River Moss... XP

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

OOC: According to the poem in  "Mossflower" Salamandastron is directly west of Brockhall as the bird flies with a swamp and a tall mountain rang in between. It would be easier to go up to the river Moss and flow down to the north-south path than to cross the swamp and mountain or to go all the way around. There is a river south but its path dips down south and then up again into the great inland lake and would take them to far out of their way.

The Skarzs

OOC: Can we get this figured out so the inactivity stops?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

During the break in conversation, Named slid up to Vrungrin and muttered, "The others are in position, sir."

OOC: That okay?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Faiyloe

OOC: Really it is up to you weather you change it or keep what you originally said... I'll just rewrite it but I have been writing my posts assuming that Vurgurin (sp?) was on the path. Besides I really liked my last post and it would be a cool way to get with Karn and his men.

Skyblade

Flare paused. I really don't know what to do, to be honest. "Excuse me for a moment while I get our Abbess. She's in charge of this place." She whispered to Stashi, "Keep an eye on them" before making her way down.

Returning to the table of innocent Redwallers, she said, "Abbess Hhenf? There are some... visitors. An army led by a wolf. Could you come to the ramparts?"

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

The abbess stood up and hurried out of the Great Hall. "What? That's ridiculous!" Despite Hhenf's insistence, she knew the squirrel was hardly one to joke around, and if she said something she was serious.
  She got up onto the ramparts as quickly as she could, and peered down over the top. Sure enough, a creature she could only assume would be a wolf stood on the ground below. Of course, the group behind him didn't seem like an army to the hedgehog.
  "H-hello?" she called down. "I am Abbess Hhenf. What do you want here?"
  The wolf bowed and spoke in an eloquent but foreign voice. "As I told your squirrel friend, I wish to help aid this land in its time of uncertainty."
  "And how would you do that?" Hhenf crossed her arms to help reassure herself.
  "My ideas can hardly be best explained by yelling at each other, madame! May we enter your walls of red and speak inside?"
  Hhenf was considering the prospect when a massive cat approached the wolf. "Great seasons, who is that?" After a moment, she added "For that matter, who are you?"
  The wolf dismissed the cat with a nod. "This is Named, a cougar. He happened upon us and wished to join us, though he still needs to learn some things like not interrupting me. And I-" he bowed again slightly. "-My name is Vrungin."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"What is that in front of the 'abbey'?" Karn peered ahead toward the building that was getting gradually closer. "Is that usually there?"
  The hare colonel looked hard in the direction. "No indeed. I live up to the name 'Sharpey', wot? That there is some  group of creatures-Oh, I say!"
  Karn cut off the hare with a roar and a sudden burst of speed. "To battle, Barkhills! Vrungin is at the gate!"

OOC: They won't be seen until I say, alright? In a couple posts they'll start being noticed.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

"You're a selfless creature," Flare told Vrungin calmly. "You wish to aid our land in a time of uncertainty, you say? What exactly is your motive for that?"

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi eyed Vrungin suspiciously, she had heard tales of wolves and their evil, "Yer majesty," she whispered to Abbess Hhenf, "Ah'm thinkin' we shouldn't trust this wolf, I don't like the looks o' him. An' I 'aven't 'eard that these are time of uncertainty, they seem pretty fair to me."
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Dannflower Reguba

Phlame had burst into a fit of laughter as soon as Vrungin had tried to lecture him on dishonor. After calming down... to an extent, he listened to the exchange between the wall top and the beasts on ground level, though his input came after Stashi's comment, "Ahh, the uncertainty t'would be after the assault on Salamawhatsit, I guess ye haven't heard anythin' so far." He chuckled, "Ya know miss, ya might want to switch your question to what are you instead of who, heh heh. Worst war criminal the Barkhills has ever seen goes and tries to tell me about detestable! That there's quite a kicker so 'tis! I may not be the noblest of creatures around, but I sure ain't the one that went an' slaughtered a bunch a' gracious hares and their badger." The squirrel's ears picked up the  unmistakable thrum of paws, though too far away to be noticed by most, "I do say Vrungin, ye'd best start your attack rathar soon if'n ye want it to go accourdin' ta plan!"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

"Who is attacking, squirrel?" Vrungin was quickly losing patience with Phlame. "Not me, not them! Now leave me before I cut off your insanity-spewing tongue." He turned to the creatures up on the wall. "Please, may we come in and speak, if only to get away from this madbeast?"
  The abbess went away from the edge, if not to open the gate then to at least converse with her companions.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

"Ohohoho, not so calm now are we mister criminal, eh? By golly how braindead are the beasts in this region hm? All this sun musta melted their minds! Heh heh, I'm one to talk now aren't I?... Oh, and you've got roughly one minute and about twenty-seven seconds until your mind is made up for ye, given the rate that they're a movin' at!... I'm kinda curious though, they seem to be talkin' aboot somethin' in there, catch ye later scumbag!" Phlame rushed through the trees and hopped the walls. Not quite as easy as the jump back home, but running was part of his lively hood, so he was used to close calls. He simply sat just on top, just to catch what the beasts below were saying, lest they whisper and he miss something important.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This