News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Foreign Intrusion

Started by The Skarzs, May 21, 2015, 05:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Phlame chuckled, "No need to tell me what I already know miss." He leaned all the way backwards, looking Henff in the eyes, a smile that was something of a cross between sinister and playful planted firmly on his face. After a short moment of staring, he spoke again, "This lump ah coal with legs and a tail does as 'e pleases unless e's got a reason otherwise. Now, this lump ah coal also finds you Abbeybeasts interesting, so if yeh got a reason spit it out. If not, I've got some exploring around the woods ta do."

OOC: I must point out, it's a bit curious for an Abbey leader to trun away a beast in need, especially when they're just allowed a vermin inside.  :D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lady Ashenwyte

Henri looked Karn in the eye. "I hail from the distant coast of Mossflower, upon which my line has built a settlement and flourished, but like all things it had to die, and die it did. Now, who art thou, kin?"
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

Flare was more hesitant. "I don't know, Abbess Hhenf," she said, looking around. "Maybe we should listen to Phlame. Maybe we should hear him out."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

Henff simply folded her arms and waited for the squirrel to do whatever he would. "Flare, I am sorry, but at the moment I must make my decisions as I come to them." She looked hard at Phlame and nodded stiffly in parting. "Master squirrel."
  The hedgehog turned her attention to the group down below, unsure if she should call out or wait a little longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hm." Karn listened to what the otter Phane said before turning back to Henri. "Not often I see my kind anywhere but my own land." He declined his head slightly. "I am Commander Karn, high officer of Rakar and the Hammer Warriors. Now, this otter says that you saved them from Vrungin. If that is so, then I may treat you as an ally, for now." He waved off his soldiers and they stood at ease with their weapons back.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

OOC: Yo, I really don't want this to die. Please post.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

OOC: Um, still not sure, is Named with the other wildcats dispatched to the other side of the Abbey, or did Vrungrin recall them?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

OOC: They're with Vrungin.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

OOC: I believe this calls for a bit of a time skip, if you are not going to let Karn into the abbey then you need to camp somewhere
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Skyblade

Flare watched her elder uneasily. I hope this is the right decision. Nothing even makes sense anymore!

"What about the visitors, Abbess?" she queried.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Hey Skarzs do you want me to start posting with the shrews?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

"Hello!"
  "I hear you! What do you want?" The abbess was trying to stay calm as she responded to the commander.
  "I know you are probably frightened, perhaps even angry, but I ask that we be let in." Below, Karn laid his axe down on the path and spread his paws. "Please, we are not your enemies."
  Henff looked at the faces of the creatures around her, trying to find some form of aid. "Redwall Abbey is a place of peace; I will not willingly allow bloodshed into my home. How do I know that you are any better than that last beast?"
  There was a moment of silence. ". . . You don't."
  The hedgehog saw Colonel Sharpeye step in front of Karn. "Marm, if it mean anything, the hares of Salamandastron are with the commander here, and if the wolf comes back we don't want this place undefended, wot? Besides," he patted his stomach, "We would be jolly grateful for some Redwall fare for a change!"
  Henff smiled at the hare. "Must you always think with your stomach? Very well, you shall be let in. However, there will be no weapons inside the abbey building under any condition."
  "As you wish, madame." With that, the whole group was let into the abbey.

OOC: I'll do a time skip immediately after this.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Whatever I'm going for it.

BIC:

Swirling smoke mingled among the overhanging willow leaves. Rough voices barked out the occasional order however most everything was still on the riverbank. Just the way Logalog Bruffa liked it. Adjusting his sword he plopped down next to his only son Nakkt, giving the younger shrew a light jab in the shoulder.

"Wat'cha got there?"

"Jus a carvin' Ye like it?" Bruffa leaned over inspecting the small oak carving. Although unfinished the piece had a remarkable resemblance to a certain shrew warrior. Placing a paw on his chin Bruffa nodded sagely.

"Oh very well done, tis a badger wit' a 'eadache right."

"What no! Er, I mean ya th't it tis." Both shrews laughed, and Nakkt continued working whittling away small shavings. Bruffa let his gaze wander over the camp, the log boats had been beached and cleaned, they formed a short row along the shore. Further away from the water the rest of the Guosim had gathered around several cook fires enjoying the good weather and easy times.

It was easy times, peaceful and easy. Just how Bruffa liked it.

The Skarzs

OOC: Early morning of the next day. . .

BIC: Hidden behind shrubbery and the shade of the trees, Vrungin watched the shrews on the bank of the river warm themselves by their fires and move about. From what he had gathered from the local vermin, these shrews were fierce and stubborn fighters.
  Of course, he also found out they were extremely biased against "badbeasts", and would probably not change their minds about them. Not to say the local ferrets and rats were very good in his own eyes, but Vrungin was skeptical of these shrews.
  The fur-clad wolf stepped into view, strolling straight into the shrews' midst, casually using his iron cane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Madame, I know you do not approve of fighting, as you have stressed many times over, but at this point I see no other alternative." Karn tapped the table in Cavern Hole with a claw as Abbess Henff sat on her chair opposite him. "Vrungin is not to be trifled with. I have been sent under high authority to-"
  "And does that authority permit you to invade a land that is not your own and demand war, commander?" Henff asked. "We aren't going to become puppets in a conflict that isn't in our paws."
  Karn sighed and sat down on a stool that was far too small for him. "Abbess, I'm afraid that you don't have a choice on whose land this conflict is in."
  "I. . . I guess I'm just wishing it weren't so." The hedgehog leaned on the table. "You must understand that I am bound to keeping the peace. Yes, that may mean doing battle, but. . . I must do what I can in my authority to prevent it. Are you sure there is no there way?"
  "Yes."
  Henff sighed again. "Very well. You and your creatures are allowed to stay here as long as needed. It's not been very safe outside our walls for many seasons anyway."

OOC: Okay, Faiy, Ash, Sky, and anyone else in Redwall can do what they want. Sage, Named needs to keep an eye on the things going on with the shrews. Sand, the shrews can react however.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Ooh this is gonna be good.

BIC:

Sleeping soundly slightly away from the rest of the shrews Bruffa felt himself getting shaken awake.

"Erm, chief yer needed." A voice hissed urgently. Sitting up the shrew leader rubbed his eyes blinking at the sentry that had alerted him.

"Why, wots happenin'?" The younger shrew shrugged glancing over his shoulder back at the camp.

"Ah not much jus' a big beastie came inter camp."

"Big beastie eh, 'ow big are we talkin'?"

"Jus' big." The shrew muttered uncomfortably.

"Big, big, or jus' kinda big?" Bruffa joked standing up and stretching leisurely. Large creatures liked to throw their weight around, and Bruffa had dealt with enough to be unconcerned by the news. Besides the sentry didn't act like they were being attacked.

"Sink a log boat big chief." Bruffa stopped strapping on his rapier and stared at the sentry hard.

"Now that's big."

"Maybe ye should see for yerself chief."

"Aye," both jogged up the slope of the river to where they could clearly see the camp. Bruffa often slept a small ways away, he was a light sleeper, and the shrew snoring competitions could be uproarious. Surmounting the bank Bruffa got his first look of a big beast and besides the rising dread in his throat he kept his out demeanor light.

"Now th'ts a big beast. See E's got friends in the shrubs, 'Idden back there a'ways. See em? Ye get down to th' crews n' 'ave them slide over to th' boats nice n' easy like. 'Ave th' comrades ready with bows n' arrows. If'n we 'ave to leave be ready."

"Aye chief." The shrew sentry jogged off to mingle amongst the shrews, many of whom eyed the newcomer with untrusting eyes paws resting on rapier hilts and paddle hafts. Bruffa was quickly amongst them placing a cheerful light over the whole atmosphere waving to his visitor. Sitting down next to one of the cook fires.

"Hey there comrade, come n' sit yer tail down, an' 'ave some shrewbeer n' shrewbread." He motioned for the cooks, who glaring suspiciously at the wolf brought the requested items. Some of the shrews were slowly drifting towards the log boats by then, Bruffa ignored their movements keeping his full attention on his large guest.

OOC: Your not planning on having them fight right? I'm thinking a friendly discussion between the leaders would be more appropriate.