News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Siege on the Mountain

Started by Cornflower MM, July 30, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

OOC: Alright, you know what? This is going too slow, we're all posting with different things at once. . . ,.  EVERYONE'S IN THE MESS HALL/ON THEIR WAY. And thank you, Sandy.

BIC: Aiden had avoided looking at the hares full-on until now, so as not to show the ugly scar that ran down the right side of his face. It was rather silly, since they'd have to see it sooner or later, but Aiden was rather self-conscious about it. Then hares started introducing themselves, and he realized that unless she wanted Arya to speak up and be ruder than ever, he'd better start talking. "Hello, it's nice to meet you, Major Blackthorn, Corproal Macvul." Aiden replied, looking the Corporal in the eyes. "I'm Aiden Brushtail, and this is my sister, Arya." He said, gesturing to his sister. "I can introduce myself," Arya snapped, glaring at Aiden. "Now's not the time, Arya." Aiden shot back, his voice stern.

Faiyloe

Martha was heading for the mess hall when she passed a hall that lead to a dead end, that was when she saw the tail end of Maple and Mia's fight. At the string of curses she covered her babies ears and was even shocked herself. She stared at them for a moment before running off to find help, there where two vermin in the mountain! 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

Both of the elder hares nodded to both, and while Fareye ignored Arya Blackthorn snorted. The two hares led the way pushing the doors of the Mess Hall open. While the usual scene of chaos was still evident the hares were severely decreased and large gaps on the beaches only made this more evident. The occasional woodlander could be seen among the hares on their own or in small groups.

Dodging a thrown salad Fareye gestured towards the tables. "Find yourself a seat chaps, mor'n enough room, you c'n see wot." Blackthorn was glaring the salad throwing culprit down making the young hare squirm in her seat.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Maple saw Martha running away, then knew that back-up would arrive and kill her if she didn't get out of that place. Stumbling forward, still grabbing at the side of her head, she started to run down the hall.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Faiyloe

Martha ran into the mess hall slightly out of breath and Tibben was starting to squirm. "Sir, Black thorn! there's two vermin fighting out in the hall," She said.

Cornflower MM

Arya was about to call her brother and the stuffy old hare something rather rude when a mouse lady ran into the hall saying something about vermin. The squirrel perked up her ears. "Where in the hall? Tell me!" She demanded, her paws going to her daggers.

Faiyloe

OOC: Martha is a mouse XD... XP

BIC:

"I saw them in that little dead end off the main hall not to far from the kitchen," Martha said 

Cornflower MM

OOC: *Facepalm* Oops. I think I'll just go look over the sheets again after this post. :P

BIC: Arya blinked, trying to remember where the kitchen was. The two squirrels had been there before once, but that had been seasons ago. "On my way," She said, then headed away without any real idea of where she was going. Aiden stared at her back with his jaw dropped. "Hang on, wait!" he said, bounded after his sister.

LT Sandpaw

"Vermin! In the mountain?" Blackthorn barked eyeing the mouse. He paused as Arya began marching off ready to find the intruders. "Hold hard there missy, don't be rushing into something like this wot." Spinning around the Major made himself heard across the hall roaring in a booming voice. "Tenant Jon, Captain Servy front an' center wot."

Two senior hares sprang up from the tables racing over to where Blackthorn stood saluting. Jon was a male of about forty while Servy was a female and one of the few adults in her prime. Not bothering to return their salute Blackthorn snapped off orders like a drill sergeant while the two officers listened closely.

"Right you two we had several bally verminous creatures get in under our noses wot. Lieutenant I want three armed hares at every flippen entrance and I want it done now." Jon nodded and rushed off shouting commands. "Captain your coming with meself an'." Blackthorn glanced around looking for somebeast not receiving orders. His gaze fell upon Flugger the young hare he had been glaring at.

"Flugger on me wot." The youth leapt up sprinting over to the major.

"Yes sah?"

"Were going vermin hunting young'un, with anybeast else that volunteers wot." Snatching three spears from a wall rack that were set up for anyone needing a weapon quickly Blackthorn passed them out to the captain and Flugger nodding to both Arya and Aiden. "If you chaps feel like joining us we could always use a spare sword dont'cha know."

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: poor Maple  :P

BIC: Maple heard more shouts coming from other directions. The squirrel let out another string of curses and ran, knowing the hares rarely took prisoners. She turned a corner, sinking into the shadows and holding her breath. The echoes made it nearly impossible for her to know which direction they were coming from, and she only hoped the shadows would provide enough cover to keep her hidden.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Cornflower MM

Aiden nodded, "We're in." He told the Major, then he nailed Arya with a fierce glare. The female squirrel bit her lip, regretting her hasty decision.  "Now, where are we off to, Major?"

LT Sandpaw

The Major eyed the two squirrels with a commanding look and for the first time a flash of what might be a smile crossed his face.

"To the kitchens dead-end where the mouse lady spotted yon verminy blighters wot. To tip an' pop the bloody foebeast an' all that don'tcha know?" He turned to Servy who wore a feral grin on her face. "I say ol' gel not so bloodthirsty eh, try to take the blighters alive if at all possible wot." He flicked his paw signaling for the small makeshift squad to move out of the mess hall.

Faiyloe

Heather who was eating nearby heard everything and hopping up she signaled for Blueleaf and Twotrees to follow her as she marched after Blackthorn and his crew.

Dannflower Reguba

Veiro looked on the mountain before him with much fondness, but tinged with anxiety. He could feel it in the air, something had changed, and it wasn't something joyful. He sighed, better to get it over with than continue waiting. The squirrel's squad would make the mountain in little more than ten minutes.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lady Amber

Arrin walked down the hall, excitement flowing through him. Excitement at the prospect of food! He hadn't eaten much that day, except for a few nuts and berries he had found in the forest, so he was looking forward to getting some proper food in his stomach. As he reached the mess hall, he looked around, a slight frown on his face. Typical hares, he thought. Always slinging food around and generally being noisy. He grabbed a plate and piled food on it, chose a not-so-crazy table, and sat down.