News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

First, you need to have the image uploaded online somewhere. I'd recommend a hosting service like Imageshack or Photobucket.

Once that's done, and you're trying to post your picture on the forum, you want to use the [img] command. In the graphical part of the posting interface, it's right below the italics button. Put your link inside the [img] brackets. Use the "Preview" button (it's next to Post and Spell Check) to make sure that your image is showing up correctly before posting.
« Subject to editing »

Tam and Martin

Thanks James! Does it cost any money to upload it to either of those two sights?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

James Gryphon

Imageshack used to be free. There are subscription options now, but I think you can still use it for no cost; just, there are limits on how many pictures you can post.

I haven't used Photobucket, but it's apparently like Imageshack; you get basic services for free, but suffer advertising and limits on how many pictures you can post, unless you shell out some cash for a subscription. Photobucket apparently also has limitations on bandwidth. That shouldn't be an issue around here, though.

The difference between the two services is probably minimal.
« Subject to editing »

Tam and Martin

I got it! Thanks James!

I used Photobucket BTW.

Tam and Martin

Sorry for the double post but is there a certain reason my profile pic keeps ending up like this? I haven't seen any of the other members' do this excepts Skarz's.

James Gryphon

I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific about what's going wrong with it; your picture looks fine to me.
« Subject to editing »

Leatho Shellhound

His profile disappears when you're viewing this forum from a mobile device.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

James Gryphon

I did look at it with my iPhone, and then a LG Motion, but everything still seemed to display okay. :-\ What devices and browsers are you using to access the forum?

Edit: I'm not sure how this would cause a problem, but I did notice that you and Skarz both have profile pics that're hosted by Bing. Maybe if you uploaded your profile picture on the forum it would work better?
« Subject to editing »

Tam and Martin

It just kind of dumps the picture. Maybe it is a problem with bing. I will check it out. Thanks though!

Jukka the Sling

I was wondering: when a mod moves a topic from the Cellars to a post-counting board, do the posts people already made on that topic while it was in the Cellars automatically count once it's moved? Thought they did, but I'm not sure...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

I don't think they do, because you already posted them.

I have a question: will we ever be able to use pictures on here directly from our computer again?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

I have been having trouble logging on. It wont take my password. I always had this problem but It didn't really matter because I would always keep my account logged on on my computer but whenever some one logs me off or I want to get on on another computer it wont take my password... Now I know it is the correct password and everything but for some reason sometimes it wont take. (Some times it will and I have no idea why) I almost always end up resetting the password and being let back in that way... This has been happening ever since I made the account and it is beginning to get on my nerves.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Lutra

Quote from: Faiyloe on August 03, 2014, 10:46:34 PM
I have been having trouble logging on. It wont take my password. I always had this problem but It didn't really matter because I would always keep my account logged on on my computer but whenever some one logs me off or I want to get on on another computer it wont take my password... Now I know it is the correct password and everything but for some reason sometimes it wont take. (Some times it will and I have no idea why) I almost always end up resetting the password and being let back in that way... This has been happening ever since I made the account and it is beginning to get on my nerves.

That's unusual; I don't believe I've ever had such a problem on a forum in the 15 years I've been on forums.  Usually mistakes were always my fault, not the boards. ;)  The only thing I can think of could be how you are coming to the forum.  Are you doing it with a computer, or a mobile phone or tablet?  My mobile phone cannot under any circumstances load this forum.  I think it has to do with the outdated forum software which we have no control over.  Perhaps you're experiencing a similar problem.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lutra

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 31, 2014, 11:42:22 PM

I have a question: will we ever be able to use pictures on here directly from our computer again?

I don't think that was ever an option.  The answer is likely no, we're a much larger forum now and would quickly run out of server space if we simply allowed every member to upload stuff on a whim.

Now, if you're talking of personal avatars, you can upload them, but they have to fit certain requirements for it to work.  I don't know the limitations offhand, but don't be silly and upload 1mb gif images that take forever to load. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.