News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Triangular Trivia

Started by James Gryphon, November 01, 2015, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

If you've ever had even a glimmer of interest in game shows, this could be for you.

This game is based largely on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", with a few differences.

To sum up the play: I'll give you a question with four possible answers; if you get the answer right, you win points. Each new question is worth an increasing number of points: the first question is worth 1 point, the second 3, the third 6, and so on (it's a triangular number series). If you decline to answer, the game ends, and your point total is placed on the scoreboard. If you miss a question, you lose all the points you've accumulated. There is a time limit of one day to answer a question; if you fail to guess or decline to guess a question before I post that you're out of time, you're counted as having declined to answer.

You have three lifelines to help you in your quest to the top score.

1) Extra Guess: Pick two answers instead of just one. If either one is right, you get the question right.
2) Hint: I'll give you a hint that will lead to or in some way be related to the correct answer. How clear or helpful this is depends on my mood and your place in the game.
3) Change of Topic: I'll give you a different question. However, your time remaining will still be counted from the first question (so if you use this at the last minute, be ready to answer the new question right away!)

Every time your point total reaches a new digit, you'll get one of your lifelines back.

Be warned that using a lifeline that depends on me (2 or 3) is dependent on my activity. The time it takes for me to respond will still be counted against you. So, you might want to be more cautious about using lifelines on days when I'm not likely to be as active (especially Sundays).

There's no way for me to prevent any of you from looking answers up, so there's no prohibition against it. Ask other people questions or Google it all you like. This does mean the questions may be rather more obscure than they would have been if we relied on the honor system, though.

Anybody want to play? (New players are separate, and answer different questions.)

Current Players:
Skyblade
SilentSam
Sagetip
Vilu
PluggFiretail
(Max of 6 at a time)

High Scores:
Lord Ashenwyte: 1
« Subject to editing »

Cornflower MM

James Gryphon

All right, here's your first question, for 1 point.

Which one of the following members was not part of the RAF Staff at any point in 2011?
A: Folgrimeo
B: DanielofRedwall
C: Log a Log Grenn
D: Matthias720

(Edit: Added bolding.)
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

This sounds interesting, and I'm considering joining.

I'm a bit confused, though. Are we allowed to look up answers or not?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

James Gryphon

Yes:
QuoteThere's no way for me to prevent any of you from looking answers up, so there's no prohibition against it. Ask other people questions or Google it all you like. This does mean the questions may be rather more obscure than they would have been if we relied on the honor system, though.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Okay, I was just confused. Don't want to break the rules.

I'll join. I'll see how this goes.

James Gryphon

Great.

For 1 point, here's your first question:
In his battle with Tsarmina Greeneyes at the end of Mossflower, which of these items is Martin not mentioned as having?
A: His helmet
B: His shield
C: His armor
D: His sword
« Subject to editing »

Banya

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

James Gryphon

All right.

Here are your first questions, both for 1 point.

@Banya:
Which of these corsair ships was not sunk or scuttled?
A: Waveworm
B: Blacksail
C: Darkqueen
D: Bloodwake

---

@Lord_Ashenwyte:
Who was the first resident hare at Redwall Abbey "since Basil Stag Hare"?
A: Laird Bosie McScutta
B: Clecky
C: Martha Braebuck
D: Bucko Bigbones
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

B: Clecky. I haven't read Pearls of Lutra in while, or any Redwall book, in fact. That must be amended soon.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 01, 2015, 12:09:44 AM
All right, here's your first question, for 1 point.

Which one of the following members was not part of the RAF Staff at any point in 2011?
A: Folgrimeo
B: DanielofRedwall
C: Log a Log Grenn
D: Matthias720

(Edit: Added bolding.)

Folgrimeo?

James Gryphon

@Cornflower: I'm sorry. The correct answer was DanielofRedwall. Folgrimeo was appointed in November '11; while Daniel was active then, he didn't become a moderator until 2012.

@Ashenwyte: Correct.

Here's your next question, for 3 points.
In the classic game X-Wing, how many proton torpedoes does the X-Wing carry?
A: 2
B: 6
C: 8
D: 12
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!