Started by Matthias720, October 14, 2011, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer pirates or ninjas?

Pirates
Ninjas
Meh. I don't care

White One6193

"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

MatthiasMan

Oh yes Tiria! Thank you! Could not have said it better. Can pirates throw shurikens? No! They drink too much rum! :D

White One6193

Bah, teh Pirate disnae need some dinky metal snowflake in a fight! He'll use a dirk or a throwing dagger, or throw his sword for Rule of Cool.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: White One6193 on May 11, 2012, 08:30:34 PM
Bah, teh Pirate disnae need some dinky metal snowflake in a fight! He'll use a dirk or a throwing dagger, or throw his sword for Rule of Cool.
Don't you think a dinky metal snowflake is a cooler weapon than a dirk or a throwing dagger? And it's most likely quite hard to throw a sword and hit the thing you're aiming for.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

psybox

so? but pirates can, so you just proved his point.  still like runner above all others though.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: psybox on May 12, 2012, 02:35:11 PM
so? but pirates can, so you just proved his point.  still like runner above all others though.
I still hate pirates. They're CRIMINALS, for goodness sake!
I'm not a hipster.

psybox

ninjas weren't fluffy bunnies either.

White One6193

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on May 13, 2012, 09:18:30 AM
Quote from: psybox on May 12, 2012, 02:35:11 PM
I still hate pirates. They're CRIMINALS, for goodness sake!

"Criminal", in the sense that they stole and robbed "innocent" merchant fleets of their valuables, yes. Usually a pirate would do  everything in his or her power to keep casualties to a minimum. Murdering megalomaniacs like Blackbeard were theexception, not the rule.

But here's another fact about the Brotherhood. Pirates sailing under the Skull & Sabers HATED slave merchants. If they came across a slaver (a legitimate economic endeavor in any legitimate port  >:( >:( >:( >:(), they would execute the crew, free the slaves to sail under their own power, and provide the liberated "cargo" with ammunition, weapons, and whatever provisions they had to spare.

PIRATES ARE AWESOME

Bragoon

Makes sense to me.  The reason many pirates chose that lifestyle was because they saw freedom and a chance for monetary gain, both of which were rare in their days.  It would only make sense for them to feel even more strongly about those who completely removed both of those elements from a person's life. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwaller

psybox

pirates for the available.  as for the non-available, aperture test subjects or runners.

Tiria Wildlough

Look,I'm not saying pirates are terrible, it's just that I don't like them, okay?
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

VS

Who'd ya think is gonna win?!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

White One6193

psybox

last time i checked, neither ninjas nor pirates looked like the missing picture icon.  still prefer runners anyway.  they should be an option.