News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Pirates vs. Ninjas

Started by Matthias720, October 14, 2011, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer pirates or ninjas?

Pirates
Ninjas
Meh. I don't care

Nightfire

Quote from: Bragoon on February 03, 2012, 05:09:07 PM
Boo, boooo, succumbing to peer pressure.  Boooo.  :P
It's not peer pressure, it's being Tiria's friend, and actually preferring a ninja's weapons over pirates. Think about it:

Pirates: Cannons, sometimes swords, guns, poison, rum bottles, battering rams.

Ninjas: Katanas, shuriken, stealth, garrote, poison, daggers, knives, sabers.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Bragoon

I agree, in that case you have every reason to switch back.  But if you switch back due to needing to make a choice between
Quote from: Nightfire on February 03, 2012, 02:26:30 PM
Sigh....it's so hard to choose bewteen reasoning and friends....
then it's peer pressure.  One should never give up what they believe and can reason to be right just because their friends tell them to.  That's a big thing about being a Christian, God isn't popular and many people, even people who you may count as friends, will tell you that it's ridiculous to believe in Him.

But again, if you can come up with good reasons for changing your mind (like the ones you provided just now), I'm all for it.  ^^
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Bragoon on February 03, 2012, 05:09:07 PM
Boo, boooo, succumbing to peer pressure.  Boooo.  :P
Bragoon, I never thought you would stoop so low and boo someone.
Pirates often got drunk. Ninjas never got drunk, or at least I don't know about it. I have seen drunk people, and let me tell you, it is disgusting. :P :P :P
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

eualaia

i haz seen i drunk person and a person that was high (high means they smoked a lot) its roughly pirates ninjas no smoke they trained and had disipline
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Sheep-From-The-Red-Hill

QuotePirates pretty much always murdered too

Untrue, most pirates would only kill when absolutely necessary. You can make a lot more money with a live man than a dead one, after all.

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, but then there were the things they would do to the live man... :o
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Ninjas had more discipline, and more self-respect. I'm quoting Winston Churchill on this, but I have been brought up to have utter contempt for people who get drunk.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Bragoon

I don't know about the self-respect thing.  Ninjas existed and were employed in a time heavily depending on a man's honor, and that was reflected in his profession, diligence, family, and so on.  The lifestyle that ninjas took on was extremely shameful in that culture, so they were dipping themselves as low as possible.  Many samurai would infinitely rather be a peasant than a backstabber.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

eualaia

tsk tsk  samurai werent ninjas they was warriors

Bragoon

That's exactly it, ninjas weren't warriors, and everyone looked down on them.

Tiria Wildlough

Would you mind telling where you get this information, Bragoon?
Pirates were not the 'arr-me-hearties' people you think of. They were usually men who turned to the "sweet trade" because they weren't useful for anything else. Most pirates were just drunken slobs, which is a bad thing in itself, but occasionally there was a clever, calculating pirate captain, and those were the most dangerous ones.
They stole from people, sold them as slaves, and tortured their captives horribly. I would rather be a backstabber than be a pirate who pulls the flesh from the bones of their captives. No way.
I'm not a hipster.

eualaia

i would also rather be a backstabber then a drunken idjit

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

eualaia

Sheep-From-The-Red-Hill

QuotePirates were not the 'arr-me-hearties' people you think of. They were usually men who turned to the "sweet trade" because they weren't useful for anything else. Most pirates were just drunken slobs, which is a bad thing in itself, but occasionally there was a clever, calculating pirate captain, and those were the most dangerous ones.

You need some knowledge about the sea to become a pirate, its not like the captains going to let some drunk bums on his crew.

QuoteThey stole from people,

Ninjas kill people.

QuoteSold them as slaves,

Most people rather become slaves than dying.

Quoteand tortured their captives horribly. I would rather be a backstabber than be a pirate who pulls the flesh from the bones of their captives. No way.

Why would pirates torture captives? Nobody is going to buy a slave with their bones hanging out. A beating would be the worst thing to happen to the captives.

Quotei would also rather be a backstabber then a drunken idjit

Again a person had to be at least somewhat competent to become a pirate and its not like you have to be a genius to kill someone is his sleep.

If I had to hang out with a pre 1800 hundred pirate or ninja for a week, I would pick the pirate easy.

Pirates may not be the most pleasant of people but I think everybody should give them some respect. These guys lived in horrid conditions.

If they had to defecate, they would go in a bucket.

If they wanted go to sleep, they have to put up with the ships rocking.

If they were hungry, they would have to scarf down stale bread.

If they get sick, they will probably die horribly far from home.

And if they get attacked by marines, they either get hung or incinerated. There wasn't going to be a painless death for them.

All a ninja has to worry about is, if they get caught killing someone.