News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Recent posts

The Cellars / Re: Lord Infinity's Non-Redwal...
Last post by Tinarandel - Today at 06:21:55 AM
The Hatchling of Bravil
Chapter 9: Secunda's Kiss

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14259294/9/The-Hatchling-of-Bravil

The Moon Festival is a Breton holiday celebrated on the 8th of Sun's Dusk (November) in Glenumbra Moors in High Rock, to celebrate the moon goddess Secunda, just as the nights begin to grow longer. Although the goddess has no active worshippers of her own, the celebration nonetheless consists of much feasting and merriment.

At one point in the chapter, Sal-Gheel and Jakino Statori, the local baker, are seen purchasing pendants of moonstone, each cut in a different moon phase of Secunda.

Sal-Gheel buys a full moon pendant, which spiritually symbolizes a time of release and completion, the culmination of positive energy after a period of work and effort. After much trauma, loss, and hard work over the previous chapters of the fanfiction, Sal-Gheel is finally able to relax, let loose, and enjoy himself for a change.

Jakino buys a new moon pendant, which spiritually symbolizes a time of introspection and planting seeds for the future, setting clear and achievable goals, starting new projects, and acknowledging's one inner growth thus far. Jakino desires to make amends with Sal-Gheel after their fateful incident, and develop both a working and personal relationship with the hatchling.

In addition, Ochemee Xersesh, an Argonian citizen of Bravil, is seen wearing a crescent moon pendant, symbolizing fertility, motherhood, and divine femininity; thereby communicating to her husband, Yunikeeus Xersesh, her desire to have hatchlings, or Argonian children.

Jel to English:
Ruheeva! - A traditional Jel greeting commonly used with strangers.
deelith - teachers, in this context, referring to the clergy of Mara.
sinha - child.
Xhu - Yes.

The Heart of Love

Saryoni's Sermons
The Cellars / Re: The more random than that ...
Last post by HeadInAnotherGalaxy - April 30, 2024, 05:14:54 PM
Last post by The Skarzs - April 30, 2024, 03:17:13 PM
Stand strong
The Cellars / Re: The Manly Thread
Last post by HeadInAnotherGalaxy - April 30, 2024, 02:35:45 AM
Last post by HeadInAnotherGalaxy - April 30, 2024, 02:33:21 AM
Recently zere vere 400+ gueztz on ze forum und juzt me. Vot iz gaein' on...?
The Cellars / Re: The Death Of Skarzs Murder...
Last post by HeadInAnotherGalaxy - April 30, 2024, 02:31:42 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on April 29, 2024, 08:11:46 PM
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on April 15, 2024, 05:24:46 PMAh 'ave zome German in me, but nyet, Ah've juzt 'ad zree zemezterz o' German- tva at a community college und ze zird at univerzity. Es ist sehr major.
Where are you from again? I keep thinking somewhere in Europe

I mean, SPOOOOOOOKKYYYYYY

Ze planet Earth, on ze zurface zpecifically.
Last post by The Skarzs - April 29, 2024, 08:12:33 PM
I hit different at 2:30am. No stops on the pain train.
The Cellars / Re: The Death Of Skarzs Murder...
Last post by The Skarzs - April 29, 2024, 08:11:46 PM
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on April 15, 2024, 05:24:46 PMAh 'ave zome German in me, but nyet, Ah've juzt 'ad zree zemezterz o' German- tva at a community college und ze zird at univerzity. Es ist sehr major.
Where are you from again? I keep thinking somewhere in Europe

I mean, SPOOOOOOOKKYYYYYY
The Cellars / Re: The Manly Thread
Last post by The Skarzs - April 29, 2024, 08:08:56 PM
Men don't scream. We holler
The Cellars / Re: Antonio.
Last post by HeadInAnotherGalaxy - April 22, 2024, 07:43:23 PM
Did ze Goat try tae crozz a bridge?