Tournament Scheduling

Started by James Gryphon, September 14, 2016, 11:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

All right, I've generated a setup for a round robin. This covers the first two duels for two weeks. We'll re-evaluate where we're at after that. The allotment is split up into two pools, in case we decide to have a short tournament; I'll figure out what it would take to do a longer one later, if y'all are still up to it by then.

Gonff vs. Delthion
Sagetip vs. Fatch
Gonff vs. Fatch
Delthion vs. Sagetip
Peony vs. Sandpaw
Ashleg vs. TammLeo
Peony vs. TammLeo
Sandpaw vs. Ashleg

I think this next Monday, Oct 3, would be a fair starting point for everyone, as far as writing material goes. You can talk and plan for the battles in OOC threads over the next few days, however.

Your deadline for both duels (and the time by which we hopefully will have decided how much longer the tourney should go) would be the Monday two weeks after that, October 17.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Will everyone be doing two duels at once?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

That was the idea. If you wanted to work on them at different times, that's up to you and your dueling partner, but the time permitted for each of your duels exactly overlaps.
« Subject to editing »

Fatch of Southsward

@Sagetip
@Gonff the Mousethief

I believe you two are my opponents. I need to warn you that I will be at the beach next weekend from Thursday until Monday. Just a forewarning.

Would it be ok if we went ahead and started?
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Captain Tammo

Quote from: James Gryphon on September 30, 2016, 02:40:07 PM
All right, I've generated a setup for a round robin. This covers the first two duels for two weeks. We'll re-evaluate where we're at after that. The allotment is split up into two pools, in case we decide to have a short tournament; I'll figure out what it would take to do a longer one later, if y'all are still up to it by then.

Gonff vs. Delthion
Sagetip vs. Fatch
Gonff vs. Fatch
Delthion vs. Sagetip
Peony vs. Sandpaw
Ashleg vs. TammLeo
Peony vs. TammLeo
Sandpaw vs. Ashleg

I think this next Monday, Oct 3, would be a fair starting point for everyone, as far as writing material goes. You can talk and plan for the battles in OOC threads over the next few days, however.

Your deadline for both duels (and the time by which we hopefully will have decided how much longer the tourney should go) would be the Monday two weeks after that, October 17.

Hey James, can we get an extension on that deadline? I'm still waiting on my opponents
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

James Gryphon

Yeah, I figured we were going to have to. It's looking like the "short" tourney schedule, without the full round robin, is going to be the best one, unless we want to still be doing this in February.

Deadline is extended 'til this time next week. We'll see where we're at then.
« Subject to editing »

Fatch of Southsward

So sorry about my part in the hold up. My classes are finally overwhelming me. I tried to do too many things and too many classes.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Fatch of Southsward on October 18, 2016, 05:41:22 AM
So sorry about my part in the hold up. My classes are finally overwhelming me. I tried to do too many things and too many classes.

I've been there before (and pretty much every week). Hang in there! It'll get better (unless you're in college in which case lol I feel ya)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Cornflower MM

I'm going to have to drop out. I'm so sorry, @LT Sandpaw, @Capt. Leonardo V Williams, @James Gryphon, but with all the dance practicing, and no inspiration whatsoever. . . . Yeah, I can't do it. I thought I could, but I can't, and it's no fair to y'all for me to try, because it will be awful.

James Gryphon

All righty, I'll post up a notice that there's a vacancy and see if I can find somebody to take your spot. If that's not workable, then I guess I'll take over your place in the remaining duels; I won't be competing or graded, of course, but that way your opponents will have somebody to square off with.
« Subject to editing »

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Peony on October 19, 2016, 03:36:59 PM
I'm going to have to drop out. I'm so sorry, @LT Sandpaw, @Capt. Leonardo V Williams, @James Gryphon, but with all the dance practicing, and no inspiration whatsoever. . . . Yeah, I can't do it. I thought I could, but I can't, and it's no fair to y'all for me to try, because it will be awful.

Hey Peony, sorry to see you have to go :( but thank you for going gracefully and not just disappearing on us, that was very nice! Hope that down the road we can still do an RP or something sometime :)

James Gryphon

Looking in on this after several months...

Here's the full schedule as it looks like it stands now. Bold is underway, italicized is done.

Gonff vs. Delthion
Sagetip vs. Fatch
Gonff vs. Fatch
Delthion vs. Sagetip
Gonff vs. Sage
Del vs. Fatch
Groddil vs. Sandpaw
Ashleg vs. TammLeo
Groddil vs. TammLeo
Sandpaw vs. Ashleg
Groddil vs. Ashleg
Sandpaw vs. TammLeo

Group Bout 1:
Gonff
Delthion
Fatch
Sagetip

Group Bout 2:
Groddil
Sandpaw
Ashleg
TammLeo

Final Bout (? v. ?)

Hoping that the inactives can pick things up so we can at least get this done by May.
« Subject to editing »

Feles

Is there any way I could take over for someone inactive?
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

James Gryphon

If you want to play and you think you have plenty of time for this, I think we can find a slot for you. Del seems to be the most likely candidate for a substitute, since he's only made two or three posts in one duel topic and hasn't been on in two months. I'd like to see if @Peony or someone could get in touch with him to ask if he's interested in doing this anymore, but if he isn't, or we don't hear anything back in a timely fashion, I don't see why you couldn't take over for him.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

@LT Sandpaw's last post is kind of hard to reply to. :p