News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall x Dungeons & Dragons

Started by Brother Saul, October 12, 2023, 01:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Saul

So I am going to run a D&D campaign set in the Redwall universe. It doesn't take place in Mossflower country, instead, it takes place in a new continent. It's like the age of discovery except we're not colonizing anyone.

To stay true to the theme of Redwall, I have put a restriction so magical classes aren't allowed. So you won't find any wizard rabbits or druid mice.

I recently learned that there was a contest to name a character in a future book, but sadly Mr. Jacques passed away before that could happen. I am putting the winner of the contest, Reisa Kartwell, into my campaign as an NPC, so that she may live on in our collaborative fanfiction. Reisa was going to be the official cartographer for Salamandastron, so I decided that since there are already a lot of maps for Mossflower country, she would sign up for a voyage to the new world in order to make use of her mapping skills.

We run this campaign at my school's tabletop club every other thursday so I will update y'all afterwards.

Any questions?

WorshipTiria

How are you going to handle leveling up? What sort of things replace spell slots, druids wizards warlocks etc. ?
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Brother Saul

Quote from: WorshipTiria on October 19, 2023, 12:10:12 AMHow are you going to handle leveling up? What sort of things replace spell slots, druids wizards warlocks etc. ?
Well, I sorta just banned most spellcasters, since it didn't really fit with the original theme. Basically, you can only play as a Fighter, Monk, Rogue, Barbarian, or Artificer. Artificers are technically spellcasters but with a more sciencey theme, plus people rarely play as them so I thought it would be fun.

Plus, spellcasters always take way too long to decide what to do. :giggle:

Brother Saul

I kinda lost interest in keeping this thread updated, since this forum is currently pretty much dead. :-/

Verdauga

You're not too far off, but it was a fun concept. There have been a number of Redwall/DnD homebrews out there, but they've never really been popular.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Brother Saul

I made an unfinished PHB, with custom races and backgrounds. I don't have anything for voles, rats, ferrets, weasels, or stoats but I have a playable snake race.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BcCG0cD_012Kqex6Im5la1otu2aP5KlQx5vpCR3RgM0/edit