"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

[CRAFT] Art in Metal

Started by The Skarzs, October 10, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 22, 2015, 04:45:28 AM
Have you braided hair or rope before?

I haven't really braided rope, and I think I've braided hair... once or twice in my lifetime  ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Braiding is pretty simple is my point. You have three strings or lengths, and cross them in this pattern:
A B C
A over B
B A C
C over A
B C A
B over C
C B A
A over B
C A B
. . . and so on.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Or, three strands. Take the one on the right. Move it to the middle. Now take the one on the left. Move it to the middle. Take the one that's one the right. Move it to the middle. Repeat until you run out. See? Simple.

Mhera

What's the hardy hole in the anvil for?

The Skarzs

The hardy hole is for holding tools, like cut-offs, spring swages (top and bottom tools), and others. People have made many, many useful and creative hardy tools, like one made to more easily make tongs, or another which is literally like a Swiss army knife. The hole can also be used for punching holes, or for holding a holdfast (a tool used for keeping metal to the anvil, like a third hand.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Soooo. . . Finally took a picture of a flower I made my mom for Mother's Day.

. . . Or was it her birthday? :P Anyway, it was a while back.

Now, I wanted to do another one for my grandma for a while, and now that I finally got it done, I feel a little bad how much better it turned out. (Of course, my mom is like "It still looks beautiful and it means a lot to me!", but I'm a bit of a perfectionist. . .) Anyways, here's the other rose.

I actually knew what I was doing for this one.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Is that a railroad spike for a stem? Interesting use of what you have. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Nope; it's a random piece of metal I filched off a piece of pier washed up on the beach.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mhera

Jukka the Sling

Those are both amazing!  I'd never be able to do that in a million years...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Amber

They're awesome looking!

The Skarzs

Quote from: Mhera on September 04, 2015, 10:36:59 PM
Those look awesome!
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 06, 2015, 12:16:53 AM
Those are both amazing!  I'd never be able to do that in a million years...
Quote from: Lady Amber on September 06, 2015, 12:47:29 AM
They're awesome looking!
Thanks! Though, if you saw them for real, you'd be able to tell which one is nicer. By a long shot. :P

And Jukka, if you tried, you'd be surprised.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Puuuuuuuuurrrrrddyyyyyyy.  :3

Seriously, they look really cool.  :D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Vilu Daskar

How'd you get started with this?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 05, 2015, 06:09:56 PM
  Puuuuuuuuurrrrrddyyyyyyy.  :3

Seriously, they look really cool.  :D
Why thank you. :3 (I still have yet to send it. . .)

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on October 05, 2015, 06:20:09 PM
How'd you get started with this?
My mom showed me a video of someone making a bear's head from steel, and I thought "That's what I want to do". So I looked into it more, tried getting materials and whatnot, became part of an association for blacksmithing, and after two, three years I'm where I'm at now.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.