News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Redwaller, June 02, 2013, 08:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Lol!

Okay, so, I was at Falkreath (at least, I believe it was Falkreath.  Eh, it's midnight, I can't remember.  :P), and this guy came up to me, asking me to steal a note from his neighbour's house.  I thought it sounded easy enough, so I accepted.
 I rented a room at the inn to stay till nightfall, then I went to the guy's house that I was supposed to be breaking into.  The lock took but a moment to break, then I was in.
 AS SOON as the computer loaded his house, I heard from the corner of the room, "Hey!  You're not supposed to be in here!  I'm warning you, get out, or I'll call the guards!"
 I turned around to see a maid standing by the hearth, watching me.  Not fearing her one bit, I started rummaging around the guy's house.  Then she cried, "GUARDS!" and I ran out.
 Luckily, I wasn't caught, but I hadn't gotten the note.  I decided I'd better wait till morning, when the maid was outside, to try again.

Morning came and I went to the house again, getting in much easier than before.  When the screen loaded, however, I saw the owner of the house just getting up from his bed.  Before I could get a good look at him, though, three guards burst through the door and demanded I pay the fee for breaking the law.  I did, then went back to the man's house.
 At this point, it was just past eight A.M., when shops and such usually opened.  I stepped up to the door, surprised to see that it was unlocked.  I went inside and started searching for the note.

After a thorough investigation of the house (and a tiny bit of thievery, I must admit), I came up with nothing.  No note.
 I looked at the quest log again, rather confused, only to facepalm so hard it actually hurt.  The guy's house that I'd been raiding?  Yeah, he was the quest giver.  The house I was supposed to break into was across the street.
 Not even two minutes after leaving the stupid house of bad fortune, I came back with the note.  The guy thanked me, and I think he payed me a tiny bit of money, but that quest was so not worth the trouble.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

Have you met that random old beggar in Whiterun who challenges you to a mage duel?
I accepted the challenge, then he hits a guard with his magic.
He got owned.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 31, 2014, 04:23:21 PM
Have you met that random old beggar in Whiterun who challenges you to a mage duel?
He got owned.

Lol!  Naw, but there's a beggar in Whiterun who describes me as his "favourite drinkin' buddy".  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dawnwing

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 31, 2014, 04:23:21 PM
He got owned.
He's random, not just in Whiterun.  I met him in Morthal.  I like how whiny he sounds.  "This is supposed to be a one-on-one duel!"  Or if people swing at him with swords, "This is supposed to be a magic duel!  Ma-gic!  Y'know, with spells?"

ESO has been pretty fun, though I ran into a game-breaking glitch early on: I was in Coldharbour and fell through the ground. /stuck respawned me in the same spot, relogging spawned me in the same spot. My character screamed a couple times, and then I get kicked to the login screen with a message saying, "Error 318: You have been dropped from the server because you hit the message rate limit. Please avoid excessive messaging (i.e. spamming)." - even though I hadn't typed anything in the chatbox.

As someone on the official ESO forum put it, "Dropped from the server indeed..."

They got back to me pretty quickly though, and the person who helped was awesome.  I've been pretty impressed with their customer service so far.

Rainshadow

Well, I just officially became a Stormcloak and a member of the Dark Brotherhood, as well as made a temporary alliance with the Forsworn so I could get out of Cidhna Mine.  Lots and lots of groups...

Oh, and Kodlak is... well, let's just say I finished that quest to go and kill the witches in that cave.  Quite unhappy with the result, as I liked him!  And now I'm stuck on the next quest, the one where you go into the grave.  Got almost to the end, but the ghosts kept beating me.  So now I'm just waiting until I get to a higher level to do it.  ::)

The Skarzs

I can't visit a Stormcloak town now because I did the "Forsworn Conspiracy" quest.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 05, 2014, 05:51:02 PM
I can't visit a Stormcloak town now because I did the "Forsworn Conspiracy" quest.

Yeah, I had a contract to kill a beggar in Ivarstead, but he screamed before he died so now I can't go to Ivarstead anymore.  :P

Rainshadow

*Bump*

So I got an awesome weapon today after doing a really fun quest.  This staff is called the Wabbajack.  I decided to test it out in the wilderness, as I was in Solitude previously and I don't believe they would enjoy me experimenting on them, so I went to a swampy area and got it out.  I saw an elk shortly after and used the Wabbajack on it, causing the creature to explode.  Just a bit after that I noticed my horse, Shadowmere, starting to attack the water, and I saw two or three slaughterfish swimming around, so I decided to goof off with the Wabbajack again.  Unfortunately, as I tried to kill them, I struck Shadowmere with it and turned the poor horse into a chicken.  It horrified me, because I was afraid the creature would never turn back into a Wabbajack.

Wabbajack.  Wabbajack.  Wabbajack.  Wabbajack.

Wabbajack.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Mister Cheese

I love modding Skyrim on PC
There's even a mod that add Martin's Sword and Shield!!  ;D

Dawnwing

Still enjoying ESO a lot.

Unfortunately, I got a misprinted book with the Imperial Edition: a chunk of pages was repeated, replacing what should have gone there (and being my luck, the missing part is what I wanted to see most: the Altmer).

The Molag Bal statue was also poor-quality; it doesn't fit on its base properly.  the holes are about half an inch away from the pegs and you have to bend it to fit.  The Molag Bal thing was a common complaint; however, I seem to be the only one with a misprinted book.  

I've tried contacting Zenimax three times now about getting a replacement - or at least getting information on who the manufacturer of the book was so I can go to them (Zenimax gave out the email to the Molag Bal statue's manufacturer, after all.)  In the third one I also asked for compensation (i.e. a month's worth of subscription), 'cause I DID pay quite a bit of extra money for the special edition, and then both things that would have made that extra money worth it were faulty.  I haven't gotten a response for that third one yet.  I also mentioned in passing that I'm an admin on one of the major Elder Scrolls fansites - I didn't bring it up as a threat, it was phrased something to the effect of "therefore I'm adding any new lore information to the site, so it's not just for my own interest that I need this", but maybe they'll realize "hey, this isn't just any normal fan, this is someone who has the ability to reach a lot of people so maybe we should pay attention".  I DO plan to write a post for the site's blog about ESO's customer service either way, no matter how it turns out: I've had two really good experiences with customer service prior to this.

Rusvul

I'm not really a Skyrim fan, exactly (Too bloody, gory, and creepy for me- I don't do well with a lot of that.) but a podcast I listen to has had some negative things to say about ESO- Basically, their sentiment was that it was almost really really good, but somewhere along the way reality messed with the dev's grand ideas. Idk. Just saying what I've heard :P

Elder Scrolls V is a really cool game- I really think the concept is amazing, and from all I've seen it works pretty well. They seem to be designed around immersion- Which is quite cool.

Norham Waterpaw

You have to admit, though, that the music's pretty awesome.

*Begins humming Dovahkin theme*
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rusvul