Previous topic - Next topic

See topic.

Yes
69 (90.8%)
No
7 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Hickory

Me too, a little. Really, Mattimeo was a total CLONE of his father.

Personally, Klitch should've gotten more power and attention. Admit it, he was smart!
Quote from: PluggFiretail on December 22, 2014, 04:55:05 AM
I seem to have a lot of fans. :P

It always bothers me when a vermin that had some good in them, or could have easily been good, is killed. Like when the Sable Queen's assistant who helped her recover (whose name I forgot) was killed by her, I was upset.

Gliv
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Mhera

I thought the only reason Gliv helped the Sable Quean was to get some sort of personal gain or revenge, not because she was good?

I can't recall ever hoping a vermin would beat a goodbeast. Vermin-on-vermin conflicts, like the Blaggut thing, are a different matter.  For example, I didn't feel sorry about Gruven, and was pretty disappointed with how Plugg/Kurda played out.

Wot, wot!

I felt really bad for Conva the Corsair stoat in Pearls of Lutra. He had such a horrible death :(
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Izeroth

I've never rooted for the atrocities that bad guys commit, but I've often rooted for bad guys to survive, especially the funny ones.

Hickory

Honestly, I really felt bad for Raventail when they were so close to conquering redwall and then the Abbeybeasts threw inflammable liquids on them.  :-* :-* :-*

Istar Crossbridge

Romsca, Blaggut, I felt sorry for Bluefen, and Tramun Clogg.

What if Veil wasn't really evil? Somebody needs to write a fic where Bunfold was the bad guy... I always wanted Veil to be a likeable character. I was always disappointed that he hadn't been all that good.
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

"But that's not all! We gladly suffer, because we know that suffering helps us to endure. And endurance builds character, which gives us a hope that will never disappoint us."

Have the last say the Dark Side does not.

Wot, wot!

Me too :) Veil really surprised me at the end. I wish he hadn't died ...

Welcome to the Forum, Istar :)
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Eulaliaaa!

I don't know why, but I like the two cat brothers in High Ruhlain (spelling?), Jeefra and Pitru. I also liked Blaggut and Romsca for the obvious reasons...
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

JangoCoolguy

That one vermin who knocked out Orkwil for insulting his granny in "Eulailia!".

It's bad enough the Redwallers had largely devolved into total jerks in the later books, but insulting creatures' grandmothers was a new low, comic purposes or not.

MeadowR

I thought Verdauga ? Greeneyes had some fairness in him and thought it sad evil Tsarmina had him poisoned. So I did kind of root for him that he shouldn't have died like that.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Feles

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on February 14, 2015, 11:22:31 AM
I thought Verdauga ? Greeneyes had some fairness in him and thought it sad evil Tsarmina had him poisoned. So I did kind of root for him that he shouldn't have died like that.
i completely agree

Also: Greypatch, in the series of books that made the woodlanders ruthless vermin killing machines, he got killed when it was clear he was not going to be harming the abbey or anyone near it, and he wasn't too bad as far as vermin go
Vizka Longtooth: This guy is awesome, I just rooted for him, not the good guys
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Lady Cregga

"Look at 'em blubberin', Song,' Dippler whispered. "Bet you can't start everybeast weepin' by singin' somethin' nice and sad?"...There on the rocks of the sunlit island the young squirrelmaid's voice rang out into the late summer afternoon.
..In the hush that followed, Song noticed Dippler weeping.

Russa Nodrey

I rooted for Mokkan (I think I spelled that wrong), I dunno why.
Freddy

Hickory

Dippler

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 17, 2013, 04:27:02 AM
I admit I rooted for Ublaz with the conflicts between himself and the rebellious vermin in sampetra.

Also, I don't recall the book or character name, but there was a pair of vermin who stopped by the abbey. One was referred to as captain and was set on stealing things, but the other found a joy with abbey life and liked building boats out of barrels for dibbuns. The "captain" killed somebeast and they made off with some form of loot, but the other vermin choked him to death and brought everything back to the abbey. He said he was horribly sorry for what happened, along with "you can kill me now." But the abbeybeasts showed mercy. He shortly after left the abbey to build ships on the coast.

Now that guy was a vermin I rooted for. Could anybody tell me who he is or where to find him??

I believe that was in the Bellmaker, and his name was Blaggot.
There are two types of people, those who can finish sentences