News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spearfinn

hey guys my thing says that im not "white listed" what do I have to do
Redwallllllll!

W0NWILL

Aye, I'll help. There is a Redwall Mark III at /warp abbeytesting. It's almost too big. And the whole building of this, all together, it's the best part of the server. So if we were to redo it, try to go all canon, really make this shine, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

There's also a giant map of Mossflower country hanging on my wall, it's the one from the Redwall map and riddler, and canon, so that might help.

@Spear: An admin can whitelist you. Fill out the form in the first post. It's very lax though, so you could probably just post your IGN. Whitelisting is a security measure that determines who can and can't get on the server, so we have to have your minecraft name to allow you to get on.

Dannflower Reguba

Ummm...... I was trying to help someone else out and was working with paste, and I somehow managed to paste a giant mass of grass (from gingivhere's farm) twice through a stone structure (/warp g). I swear that this was not a greifing attempt, I got rid of one mass, but the second is mixed with the main building, so I want the builder to be around before deleting it. Sorry again.  :(
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Spearfinn

In game name:Tom4688
Age(optional):24
Experience with roleplaying/building:Really good
Do you love redwall?:YES
Do you know alot about it?:yes
Secret word: Tomahawk
Free minecraft, or paid?:paid
*optional app stuff below*'
Name of character: Racos
History: Had lots of wars with other clans before he ca,e to Redwall
Description: very musculer and dashing with a scar that runs from his eye to his snout
Species:Otter
Redwallllllll!

Rusvul

Alright. Here's the deal. I can make the terrain. That's easy peasy. But the rebuilding of all the structures... we have to do that by hand. I'm using a program called World Painter, it's sort of like MS paint- but it paints Minecraft landscape. Minecrosoft Paint, if you will. It can only do terrain on a single level- it's intended for use to build a big map and then build on it in game. I'm going to start work on the terrain map now, with the aid of the massive Redwall map on my wall. (Yes, Won- I have one too :P)

EDIT: Hey... Does 7,168x7168 sound like a big enough world? I could make the edges a massive ocean, or massive cliffs...?

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 01, 2014, 04:25:57 AM
Alright. Here's the deal. I can make the terrain. That's easy peasy. But the rebuilding of all the structures... we have to do that by hand. I'm using a program called World Painter, it's sort of like MS paint- but it paints Minecraft landscape. Minecrosoft Paint, if you will. It can only do terrain on a single level- it's intended for use to build a big map and then build on it in game. I'm going to start work on the terrain map now, with the aid of the massive Redwall map on my wall. (Yes, Won- I have one too :P)

EDIT: Hey... Does 7,168x7168 sound like a big enough world? I could make the edges a massive ocean, or massive cliffs...?
That's still cool. Maybe you or I could edit text into the picture to designate locations? That sounds plenty large, and what about a large ocean?
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Rusvul

Can do! I think I'm capable of placing signs... that, or I could just post the co-ords here, on this thread, and we set warps at the right places. We'd have to have no OOC builds, though...

W0NWILL

Well, little villages and stuff to flesh out the areas between the major builds. Because if you're gonna take a long time to travel to Salamandastron, you'll want a place to rest. Otter Holts, Squirrel Tree Villages, and other things.

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on January 01, 2014, 06:02:07 AM
Well, little villages and stuff to flesh out the areas between the major builds. Because if you're gonna take a long time to travel to Salamandastron, you'll want a place to rest. Otter Holts, Squirrel Tree Villages, and other things.
Definitely. There's things that weren't mentioned that are most likely imperative to a map like this.

Gonff the Mousethief

this sound realyy cool! so should I keep building the farm?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Captain Tammo

I have a few things to say:

1. So sorry I have not been active lately, I'm doing my best to keep up! Lol

2. For the new map. I say we go as big as we possibly can. If it's 7,000 X 7,000 does that mean we've only 3,500 blocks in each direction from the center? We should make it bigger than that I think.

3. How long would it take for this new server to be launched? A week? A month?

4. I'm all for building new stuff. I say we make it a rule though that we can only build cannon locations until they're all done, then we can build our houses and leave it at that. No non-cannons like mole city and others. I think they took away from the experience IMO. Besides, this way we would finish much quicker and could start RPing sooner!

5. Thanks for doing this buddy :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Dannflower Reguba

Would we keep the original up until we finish the second one? Is that even possible? And as far as non-cannon goes, we need villages and such like to ease the burden of long traveling as stated before.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

It's up with a temp ip. Here it is: 98.243.243.97

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Rusvul

7,000x is pretty darn big. The map we're currently using, Eldaria Island- it's about 3,000x.

It would take me at least several weeks to build just the world, and then all the structures would have to be built.

Yes, I'd definitely give us some space for villages and such. I might mark anywhere that should have a village of some sort with a spike... maybe. Idk.

You're welcome! My pleasure!