Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Oh, okay. Sorry for bugging you, then, I think we'll live.

James Gryphon

Before anyone else asks, we know about the trouble with the box and are working on it; hopefully it will be back up no later than a hour or so.
« Subject to editing »

Søren

I was thinking: Some people have said that the Shout Box is distracting from the general forum. Is it possible to move it to the bottom of the page rather then the top? It'd be less distracting, but we'd still have it.

I'm retired from the forum

James Gryphon

That sounds like a good idea. I suspect it'd take a fair amount of work, but I'm willing to look at this soon and see if that change can be conveniently made.
« Subject to editing »

Cornflower MM

Hey, James, I have my PM system set up to notify me when I get a new PM, but I haven't actually gotten any notifications.

Banya

What is this Shout Box that's been talked about?  I have never seen it on my screen.  What is its purpose?

rachel25

It's kind of a way to shout a message out at the top of the screen. Its like just having a topic at the top of the screen but you can see it all the time. I like it and think it's a nice idea. I hope we can get one on the old forum when we get it back.

Jetthebinturong

Why have all the tags broken?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Is the shout box broken? It doesn't seem to be showing up.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Mhera

Has anyone else had trouble with the forum on mobile devices? There seems to be some actions I can never perform on one, like change profile/PM settings, preferences, or, as it happens, delete an account (poor Scalar :P).

The Skarzs

Yeh, I'm actually using an iPad right now, and I seem to have the same issues.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

It's been acting very strange with the PM settings, but it's normal now. I've been ok so far on my iOSs.

LT Sandpaw

Can guests see the Who is One-Line board? Because wouldn't they be able to click the link from there and get into say the secret hideout or Front Lawns?

I know this worry is probably totally unfounded but I'm curious.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Søren

Guests can see the users online at the bottem of the home page, but cannot click on the full Who's Online page (where we veiw what the guests are doing). Nor can they veiw what we're doing via our profiles.

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro