News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Also, even if they had a link to a secret board or topic, it would bring them to a page requiring them to log in first.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Mhera

Regarding the mobile stuff I mentioned earlier, changing the way the profile views seems to have fixed it. Going to your profile and clicking what looks like a rewind button in the upper right corner switches it.

The Skarzs

Why does clicking your messages go to the first page instead of the last page now?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mhera

Did you click the "Date" button on the inbox's top bar?

The Skarzs

No. Not the way I was used to finding the PM box, so I guess I never looked. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Is there a particular reason why there is such a short character limit on posts on this forum?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

James Gryphon

I think it's the default character limit. That's approximately 4000 words, or about 9 pages. I'm sure the logic there is that nobody that isn't spamming is likely to hit that in the course of normal conversation, which is usually true. (That said, if somebody copy-pastes long narratives or shoutbox logs, it can be bothersome; I had to quadruple-post once to fit an especially long conversation in one time.)

Since there's a demand for this, I don't see any reason why not to change it. I'll bump it up to 40 or 50k or so, provided that it shouldn't cause any problems with the forum software (I don't see why it would, but you never know until you do).
« Subject to editing »

Tam and Martin

My message inbox is acting funny as of this morning. It pops up with a notification when I get a message, like it should, but after I finish reading and responding to the message, it still says that message is new. Right now I have a number 6 right next to the 'My messages' bar on the red bar above. I have read all my messages but it sticks around. It started off with a 1 there this morning, then a 2, then 3, and so on and I can't get rid of it and now it is up to 6.

Another thing is, when i am checking my messages, the people i get messages from pop up as guests. I click the 'My messages' button first. Then there is the most recent message presented at the top. That message at the very top shows up as sent from the user. But today, i was messaging both ABareBear and Dotti. Dotti had sent me a message about 5 minutes before ABareBear did, so I clicked on the 'My messages' button, and it popped up with the most recent message from ABareBear like any normal message would. I responded to it, so then I go to read Dotti's message. I click on her message and it pops up as her as a guest. It just says her name in Black and says guest underneath it. It just isn't as convenient because I have to type in the members name I am sending it to again before I send it, and it is harder to just use my messages. It's not just those two members, it has been everybody i have messaged in the last two days (About 6 different members.)

If these could get fixed somehow that would be great! They're not super important but still. Didn't know if anyone else was having these problems either.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Søren

Quote from: Mhera on February 19, 2016, 01:56:38 AM
Has anyone else had trouble with the forum on mobile devices? There seems to be some actions I can never perform on one, like change profile/PM settings, preferences, or, as it happens, delete an account (poor Scalar :P).
Quote from: Skarzs on February 19, 2016, 02:05:50 AM
Yeh, I'm actually using an iPad right now, and I seem to have the same issues.
Quote from: Mhera on February 24, 2016, 02:19:06 AM
Regarding the mobile stuff I mentioned earlier, changing the way the profile views seems to have fixed it. Going to your profile and clicking what looks like a rewind button in the upper right corner switches it.
*is super late to post this*
Just in case you're wondering, it's when it's set to use dropdown instead of sidebars.
Images

In the above mode, mobile won't allow you to do certain things. Just hit the button, as Mhera said, and it changes to the below view.
[close]

(In all honesty, I had prepared this, then realized Mhera had already answered the question. Just figured I'd add. :P

I'm retired from the forum

Aimless Gallivanter

If I wanted to make a topic to share my art, but it's not Redwall related, where should I put it?
im gay!!!!!!

Leatho Shellhound

hmm, most likely in Cavern Hole, since it is none Redwall.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Skyblade

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 27, 2016, 03:07:46 AM

I second this. Also, if you don't want Guests to see your art for whatever reason, you could also do Secret Hideouts :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Tam and Martin on March 25, 2016, 09:14:45 PM
My message inbox is acting funny as of this morning. It pops up with a notification when I get a message, like it should, but after I finish reading and responding to the message, it still says that message is new. Right now I have a number 6 right next to the 'My messages' bar on the red bar above. I have read all my messages but it sticks around. It started off with a 1 there this morning, then a 2, then 3, and so on and I can't get rid of it and now it is up to 6.

Another thing is, when i am checking my messages, the people i get messages from pop up as guests. I click the 'My messages' button first. Then there is the most recent message presented at the top. That message at the very top shows up as sent from the user. But today, i was messaging both ABareBear and Dotti. Dotti had sent me a message about 5 minutes before ABareBear did, so I clicked on the 'My messages' button, and it popped up with the most recent message from ABareBear like any normal message would. I responded to it, so then I go to read Dotti's message. I click on her message and it pops up as her as a guest. It just says her name in Black and says guest underneath it. It just isn't as convenient because I have to type in the members name I am sending it to again before I send it, and it is harder to just use my messages. It's not just those two members, it has been everybody i have messaged in the last two days (About 6 different members.)

If these could get fixed somehow that would be great! They're not super important but still. Didn't know if anyone else was having these problems either.
???

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

James Gryphon

I'm not really sure what to say, because I've never seen anything like that happen.

If you can tell me what browser you're using and whether JavaScript is on, etc., I guess that'd be a start towards trying to figure it out.

Most likely I'll end up having to write the fellow who designed the mod that we use for the PM system. (This isn't the first time it's had trouble, which is why I was iffy about reinstalling it after I took it down a while back.)
« Subject to editing »

Aimless Gallivanter

Quote from: Skyblade on March 27, 2016, 04:31:40 PM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 27, 2016, 03:07:46 AM

I second this. Also, if you don't want Guests to see your art for whatever reason, you could also do Secret Hideouts :)

great thanks!
im gay!!!!!!