News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Switched at Birth

Started by Redwallfan7, June 21, 2013, 12:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Anyone else like this show? It's from abc family. If you've never heard of it, it's a show about two teenage girls: Bay (who's hearing) and Daphne (who's deaf) who discover that due to a mix up in  the hospital, they've been switched at birth. Now they have to get to know their real families all over again. The episodes focus on them, their family and friend relationships, and their love relationships. Normally, I don't watch abc family's shows, but this one is holding my attention. I think the whole cast is awesome. I just started to watch season one on Netflix :) On this show there's both spoken words and sign language.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

I first started watching this mainly for the sign language(I'm semi-fluent), but I've kept watching it for the plot and stuff.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: W0NWILL on June 21, 2013, 12:50:57 AM
I first started watching this mainly for the sign language(I'm semi-fluent), but I've kept watching it for the plot and stuff.
Cool.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Buzz_Bumble

I remember watching that Switched at Birth show when it was on TV here in New Zealand a while back. I don't think they've played the second season here (yet?) though.

Quote from: W0NWILL on June 21, 2013, 12:50:57 AM

Somebody sent this brief, sentimentally cute, item into the local newspaper a couple of weeks ago (the newspaper was asking for short "beautiful" stories) ...

"Many years ago my little sister came home from school one day and demanded I take her to the library so she could get books on sign language as there was a new kid at school who was deaf and she wanted to befriend him. Today, I stood beside her at their wedding watching her sign ... 'I DO'."

Awwwwww ... ain't that cute ...