News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Do you ever watch children's TV shows?

Started by Orinoco, May 05, 2013, 09:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

I've pondered this thread for a while, but just reading the title its almost like you're being asked, "You watch WHAT?" as if its something you did a long time ago, but you wouldn't be caught dead watching it now.  I don't think that's so....watch what you like, and its entirely up to you what you share.

What I've watched through the years and still will watch to this day if I can find it on DVD or online:

-The Disney Afternoon (mostly Darkwing Duck and Rescue Rangers--didn't care much for Tale Spin and Gummi Bears)
-Looney Tunes (they're mostly made for anyone, not just kids)
-Teddy Ruxpin (yes there was a show, it did take some inspiration from the books; L.B. and Grubby have the best one-liners from the show!)
-Franklin (not the CG remake that's out there these days; the hand-drawn version)
-any Disney short I can find (the old ones from the 1930s-1950s when they stopped making them; not too interested in the House of Mouse or any recent reincarnation of the shorts)
-any Disney movie (only one I still have not watched all the way through because I really don't like it, is the Black Cauldron; I've seen all them besides that one)

Don't be ashamed to admit you were a kid once (and perhaps still are one at heart) and like the stuff because its good! :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

phoenixfoden

The old franklin was the best! You would like the show little bear, its in the same peaceful setting and hand drawn.

Lutra

Little Bear.....even to this day is very vanilla and dull.  Even though I despise large, loud, bombastic cartoons (and how lousy shows like that are for growing minds!), Little Bear is so tame and bland that its hard to watch that too.  Little Bear is good for the young kid, probably less than 5 years who is learning to speak and behave around others.  That show along with decent parenting is good for the child in my opinion.  For anyone older, its hard to sit through because not much goes on.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

W0NWILL

Quote-any Disney movie (only one I still have not watched all the way through because I really don't like it, is the Black Cauldron; I've seen all them besides that one)

Ah yes, Disney Black Cauldron. Terrible movie, barely followed the book at all! The book was so much better, such as more balanced characters and a storyline that made more sense. I'm pretty sure that they didn't include Ellidyr because he was a jerk, and that is a shame, he was a wonderful and very believable character.

Also with the subject of Disney movies, I love the princess ones I've seen, though I've only seen The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast in terms of Disney princess movies, so that isn't saying much. I also loved Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Robots(though that isn't a Disney one, I think), and others I can't name off the top of my head.

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Lutra on June 13, 2013, 03:51:13 AM
Little Bear.....even to this day is very vanilla and dull.  Even though I despise large, loud, bombastic cartoons (and how lousy shows like that are for growing minds!), Little Bear is so tame and bland that its hard to watch that too.  Little Bear is good for the young kid, probably less than 5 years who is learning to speak and behave around others.  That show along with decent parenting is good for the child in my opinion.  For anyone older, its hard to sit through because not much goes on.
i can understand your point of view,i mostly like that show for the artwork.

Lutra

Agreed, I'd watch Little Bear for the artwork too, but you can get similar artwork and animation in Franklin (plus a show that has more going for it).  The character of Bear is essentially the same design.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Jukka the Sling

Revive!

Well, I'm in my teens and I watch Arthur! (online, 'cause we don't have a TV.) Plus I watch the old Donald Duck cartoons sometimes. The OLD ones, from the 1940's or so.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"Ah'm Chip, Ah'm Dale...Chip an' Dale, Vot am ah zin'in'?! Ah'm an idiot!" Ahhh...Ah mizz zhovz like zat! An' ah've alvayz vatched Arthur, az vell az a fev ozerz on PBS. Ah really dinnae zee vhy ah zhould ztop. "Every day, vhen yer valkin' dovn ze ztreet..."
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 01, 2013, 06:26:38 PM
Revive!

Well, I'm in my teens and I watch Arthur! (online, 'cause we don't have a TV.) Plus I watch the old Donald Duck cartoons sometimes. The OLD ones, from the 1940's or so.
cool! ive watched a few cartoons from those years

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah've recently ztarted vatchin' ze auld Zpider-Man zeriez. Tiz actually pretty fazcinatin' tae vatch auld zhovz like zat. 'ere'z ze link if anybeazt iz interezted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v04dNJJcVYU

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

Children's TV shows, I think, can be just as good as any regular TV show, but allot of the newer kids shows arn't really that good. :-\

Life is too short to rush through it.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Blaggut

Quote from: Corporal Firalay on May 07, 2013, 02:56:52 PM
Regular Show, Adventure Time and the Amazing World of Gumball XD

You said exactly what I was about to say.
~Just a soft space boi~

HeadInAnotherGalaxy