News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria_Wildlough

The Skarzs

What If? by Randall Munroe. Best. Book. Ever. Seriously, I would recommend this book to everyone who understands semi-complex science words/phrases/processes. This guy graduated from doing physics, went to NASA working on a robotics thing, but now. . . he draws comics and answers the internet's "weird, hypothetical - and sometimes worrying - questions."

Find this book at the library, google "What if", and look up the web comic "xkcd". This man is awesome.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mhera

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 27, 2015, 05:17:58 AM
What If? by Randall Munroe. Best. Book. Ever. Seriously, I would recommend this book to everyone who understands semi-complex science words/phrases/processes. This guy graduated from doing physics, went to NASA working on a robotics thing, but now. . . he draws comics and answers the internet's "weird, hypothetical - and sometimes worrying - questions."

Find this book at the library, google "What if", and look up the web comic "xkcd". This man is awesome.
YES. That book is amazing (I got it for Christmas last year and could only put it down because my engineering geek brothers kept reading over my shoulder).

The Skarzs

The "Weird and Worrying Questions from the Internet" pages? ;D ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mhera

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 27, 2015, 05:30:50 AM
The "Weird and Worrying Questions from the Internet" pages? ;D ;D
"What if every day, every human had a 1 percent chance of being turned into a turkey, and every turkey had a 1 percent chance of being turned into a human?" ;D

The Skarzs

Haven't gotten to that one, but I like the:

How many houses are burned down in the US every year? What would be the easiest way to increase that number a significant amount (say, at least 15%)?
-Anonymous

"Hello, police?
        |
I have this website where people submit questions. . ."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

Been a few years now... rereading Twilight. ;)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Kitsune

Skyblade

I like that book :)

I need to start reading again.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!