Griffen

than imagine what the finished piece looks like 

*mouth watering smiley

Skyblade

Thank you  ;)  chapter 4 is updated

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Skyblade

Chapter 5: Rescue Plan

Thunder opened his blue eyes slowly. Late-morning sunlight filtered into them. He blinked and turned away. Skull was still asleep on the moss bed next to him. Thunder allowed himself a loud yawn and sat up. There was his cutlass, right next to him. He smiled, feeling a bit more powerful with a weapon by his side.

Wait a second.... Thunder thought. Why am I waking up in the morning? I told Razer to... He whipped around to see Razer laying on her side, sleeping like an angel.
"Razer, you idiot!" Thunder leaped on her and pinned her to the ground. "You tried to take watch the whole night, didn't you? You should have woken me earlier!"
"Wha-what?" murmured Razer, blinking her eyes.
"What's going on over there?" Thunder turned his head to see Skull waking up.
"Razer tried to take watch the whole night and fell asleep," said Thunder angrily. "You know one of Phoenix's men could've attacked us, and we would have no warning?"
Razer gave Thunder an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, but, you know...Skull, I still don't...trust.."
Skull waved a paw. "No worries, friend. Why don't we eat breakfast instead of squabbling?"
"Yeah," Thunder agreed. He gave Razer a final glare before taking out some scones from the sack.
The breakfast was a quiet affair. Skull pulled out the flagon of October Ale, but it was almost empty. "Looks like we'll have to stock up on drink. I can sneak into the camp and-"
"NO!" yelled Thunder. As Skull and Razer stared at him, he murmured, "It's too dangerous. You're a great ally, Skull...we don't want to lose you." He gulped. It was the truth. He had found an instant liking to Skull, and the voice in his head continued to encourage him to stay with Skull.
"That's right," aded Razer, though Thunder suspected she didn't want Skull sneaking into Phoenix's camp for different reasons. "We need more food, too," Razer quickly changed the subject. "This is the last of it."
Skull nodded. "I didn't take alot, for fear that Phoenix would notice. I can forage for some; I know the best places to find fruit, nuts, and berries in these parts."
Razer nodded, though a bit suspicously. "Right, and i'll get us some water from the river." She got the now-empty flagon and walked away. Skull took his sack and went in the opposite direction, adding to Thunder, "You take care of yourself, okay? Not that this'll take long, of course."

Unfortunately, it did take long. Thunder was tossing some pebbles aross the clearing when Razer finally made her appearance, holding the now-full flagon and looking very vexed.
"What took you so long?" Thunder demanded.
"Razer sighed and placed the flagon on the ground. "Phoenix and his stupid troops were patrolling the river, so I had to wait a while to get some water."
Skull came not long after, with a sack laden with fruits, nuts, and berries. "Sorry it took so long," he said as he carelessly tossed the sack on the ground.
"No problem," said Thunder. "So.....er.....if we're gonna rescue Sorrel, we'll need a plan."

more later(maybe)

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Redwaller

Awesome! Write more!!!  :D Write more!!!  :D Write more!!!  :D

Skyblade

Thank you so much for compliments, and I wish I could write more but I'm leaving  the forums!  :'(  :'(  :'(   

Well, maybe not, but probably.......such a shame, cause the ending was gonna be the best part

Redwaller

Skyblade

Like I said in another topic, go to the front lawns and find the goodbye topic....i'm gonna miss you all... :'(   maybe I'll come back and finish this story. Or maybe I might not have to leave after all

EDIT:I'll continue the story, but it'll be slower

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Jukka the Sling

Are you ever going to finish this? It's AWESOME!!! PLEASE write more!!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Good writing, but to me its just a little. . . odd. Not trying to burst your bubble, but I'm just saying what I think.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.