News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Invaders

Started by Shadowed One, April 04, 2013, 02:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want the wolves to win, or the hares?

Wolves!
Hares!
Neither
I don't know

Redwaller

What's Aleky?

And it's good!

Shadowed One

Aleky, As in Smart Aleky.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Redwaller

Shadowed One

Example:
1: I am going to the store today.
2: No, you are going to Walmart.
1: You are being a Smart Alec!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Shadowed One

Chapter 10

"Prepare a group of warriors immediately to meet them. If they are foes, they shall die!" ordered Randun. He stood up, picked up his double-sided battle axe, and strode to the door with the Redwallers following. They saw a group of Long Patrol hares at the door.
"Ah, Major Swiggleton! Glad to see you!" boomed Randun,"Come in and rest! Don't worry, worried have heard about your troubles, and are preparing to deal with them. As we speak, the Rogue Crew prepares for war!"
"Thank you, but you may not realize that these wolves are huge, much bigger than badgers! Your forces may not be able to defeat them!" said Mert Swiggleton as he sat down.
"It doesn't matter how big or scary they are, they aren't going to defeat us easily! Now, sit here and rest. In an hour, we march to Salamandastron, and war!" said Randun, walking outside.
"Prepare the Crew! We march to battle in an hour!" he bellowed.

Redwaller

Quote from: Shadowed One on April 30, 2013, 01:21:51 PM
Example:
1: I am going to the store today.
2: No, you are going to Walmart.
1: You are being a Smart Alec!
Oh, thanks!  :)

Quote from: Shadowed One on April 30, 2013, 06:58:06 PM

Chapter 10

"Prepare a group of warriors immediately to meet them. If they are foes, they shall die!" ordered Randun. He stood up, picked up his double-sided battle axe, and strode to the door with the Redwallers following. They saw a group of Long Patrol hares at the door.
"Ah, Major Swiggleton! Glad to see you!" boomed Randun,"Come in and rest! Don't worry, worried have heard about your troubles, and are preparing to deal with them. As we speak, the Rogue Crew prepares for war!"
"Thank you, but you may not realize that these wolves are huge, much bigger than badgers! Your forces may not be able to defeat them!" said Mert Swiggleton as he sat down.
"It doesn't matter how big or scary they are, they aren't going to defeat us easily! Now, sit here and rest. In an hour, we march to Salamandastron, and war!" said Randun, walking outside.
"Prepare the Crew! We march to battle in an hour!" he bellowed.
It's great! Keep up the good work!

Shadowed One

Shadowed One

Chapter 11

Angtar Boneshatter was walking on top of Salamandastron. Suddenly, he saw a large cloud of dust rising in the distance. He looked again and saw that it was a large column of creatures. He looked down and saw his troops.
"There is a large group of creatures coming this way, and they look ready for battle. Get your weapons and form up in front of the mountain," he yelled down to them. them He quickly began descending to the ground.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randun looked and saw the wolves forming in front of the mountain.
"Battle formation once we get to the top of that hill," he ordered. They reached the top, and lined up with the Rogue Crew in front and hares behind them.

Shadowed One

Chapter 12

"Stand and wait for orders, you lot!" shouted Angtar to his army. They gripped swords, axes, axes, and spears and stood in a skirmish line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randun strode to the front of the lines of otters and hares. He drew his sword, and turned to face his band.
"Today we begin a battle the like of which has never been seen in Mossflower. Today we strike a blow at those creatures who would try to enslave our land. I know you are afraid. I am as well. You need fear no creature, for today is their day of reckoning! Arise, arise warriors of Randun! Axe shall be shaken, shield shall be splintered! A red day, a sore day, ere the sun rises!" he shouted. He turned and with a "Yaylahoooo!" He charged down the hill.
"Hiyareeeee!" yelled the Rogue Crew as they followed their chieftain.
"Eulaliaaaaaa! 'Tis death on the wind!" The Long Patrol charged behind their otter comrades. The wolves howled and attacked. They fought by swinging weapons on the ground and stomping attackers.
Randun swung his sword at a wolf's foot. It howled with pain and Randun jumped. Landing on the wolf's foot, he climbed it and cut its eye out. Then he sawed through its helmet, stabbing its face. face As it fell dead, he hopped off and ran towards another enemy.
Mert Swiggleton was face to face with Angtar Boneshatter. The wolf swung an axe at the hare, who ducked. Mert pulled out a bow and shot Angtar in the eye. The wolf howled, but kept coming. He slammed his axe down, sending Mert flying. Angtar strode forward to finish him off. Suddenly, Randun leapt onto Angtar, hacking frenziedly at the wolf. Angtar fell with Randun on him. Randun leapt away, but Mert was not so lucky. The hare was crushed beneath the massive wolf's corpse.

Shadowed One

Chapter 13

The Long Patrol and Rogue Crew were victorious that day, and soon not one wolf remained alive. The victory came at a horrible cost, however. The bodies of the slain had to be burned, because there were too many to bury. Mert Swiggleton and many of the finest hares and otters died, but the wolves had been defeated in Mossflower. Randun looked out over the huge fire on the shore, and swore an oath that he would destroy all wolves, in Mossflower, or anywhere else, so that this would not happen again. He turned and left the window, going further into the mountain as the smoke from the fire rose into the heavens.

Shadowed One

BOOK TWO: The Hunt For The Wolves 

Chapter 14

The huge convoy of ships sailed westwards, carrying Rogue Crew otters, Long Patrol hares, and other woodlanders who had decided to come help. They numbered 5000 in all, a mighty army, but one that was doing something unheard of. They were going to the Lands of Ice and Snow to attack the wolf lands. It was a brave idea, but a somewhat foolhardy one. None among them knew the way, but they sailed anyway, using part of a map they had found on a dead wolf. It was only a scrap, and not very detailed, but it was something. They all knew that this was something they would never forget, and they knew that most of them would probably die. Yet the ships sailed onwards.

Shadowed One

I have continued this story on FANFICTION.NET, and so I will post it here now as well.

Chapter 15

Two days into the voyage, a lookout spotted another ship. Randun rushed to the deck of his flagship while his creatures pointed and shouted to each other about the ship.

"Can you see the flag?" Randun asked.

"Aye, my lord. It's a wolf head on a white background," replied the lookout from his perch high on the mast.

"Arm for battle! It's a wolf ship!" the Rogue Crew chieftain ordered. The otters rushed belowdecks to put on chain mail and grab weapons. Randun drew his double-sided battle axe from his back and pulled on his helmet. He saw the other ships' crews in his fleet preparing for battle as well.

The wolf ship was a huge, three-masted ship with a ramming spike and huge crossbows mounted on the sides. It headed away, from the fleet, then turned and rammed Randun's ship.

The chieftain's ship broke in two, and many of his otters were sent flying into the icy waves. They might have been able to climb back aboard, except they were weighed down by armor and weapons. Almost all of them perished, but Randun managed to grab onto the enemy ship and climb onboard with a few others who hadn't fallen into the sea.

The wolf crew were unprepared for several otters to attack. Randun and his group had killed several before the wolves had even drawn their weapons. They howled in rage, and rushed towards the otters.

Gnoflet

Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Shadowed One

Gnoflet

Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.