Forum History 2020 Discussion

Started by Captain Tammo, April 27, 2020, 07:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Jarky Thistlebrush names the Winter of the Pirate Penguins, the first silly name for a season on the forum

Kade Rivok names the Spring of the Broken Willow
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

shisteer of nothing much

The Summer Games Extravaganza takes place, with Booklover emerging the victor at 52 points, followed by yours truly at 51 and Kade Rivok at 33.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

For April Fool's the mods did... nothing (apart from enjoy watching us trying to work out what they did(n't) do).
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

Or did they, and we just didn't notice?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

FastFang

What happened on January 21, 2020 for it to have 1284 online users? The most users ever connected on the forum.
google translate saved my life!

Verdauga

First off, welcome back!

I don't know why, but the forum had a huge surge of guests until February, I think. That's where most of the users come from.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

On Monday the 7th of September, we reached one thousand pages on Lock This Topic Too! (By Next New Year's Day), making the goal of locking a topic in less than a year achieved for the first time in forum history! Congratulations, everybeast who contributed to this worthy cause!

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

The esteemed Captain stepped down, and can now enjoy his retirement... (IE: Captain Tammo)
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Captain Tammo

Immediately following Tammo (me, hello) stepping down from the staff team, DanielofRedwall launches a revolt on behalf of the Southern Hemisphere in the Cellars. However as is anything that happens in the Cellars, it quickly turned into something even more amusing as onlookers questioned which part of speech Dan meant when he said 'he was revolting': verb or adjective. The Cellars chose adjective. Needless to say, momentum for Dan's evil takeover stopped there.

Also, Dannflower Reguba (Dann) became admin!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ripred the Gnawer

2021 is nearly here—time to open up a new forum history discussion thread!
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"

lass of something much

I named this winter Winter Of The Happy Chooks, and Ashenwhite returned!
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

Corn and Dann were finally Shipped, after seven or so years of being VERY close friends.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on April 28, 2020, 02:13:14 AM
The Summer Games Extravaganza takes place, with Booklover emerging the victor at 52 points, followed by yours truly at 51 and Kade Rivok at 33.
(Off-topic, I know, but is this still a thing?)
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

It was an event that finished. You can check out the various fun we had in the archive, I think, but it's not still going anymore.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Flib Bigboat

Oh. That's too bad. But you guys did an awesome job, anyway.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!