Disaster in the Kitchens! (Corn's 10,000th celebration RP!)

Started by Dannflower Reguba, August 23, 2020, 07:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Chaos reigned over the bustle permeating both the kitchens and Cavern Hole. A certain somebody who shall remain unnamed may have sneezed all over the beautiful cake baked to perfection by none other than Friar Teer. This grandiose exertion of force via the completely anonymous culprit's nose triggered a cascade of subsequent disasters that spiraled into a colossal mess! Batters, sauces, mixes, who could tell what exactly the various liquids splattered across the floor were? One of the cooks hit a nerve in a recently landed fish causing it to flop into a Deeper'n'ever pie, much to the poor Foremole's chagrin. Hotroot soup seemed to be the only dish that had survived the catastrophe.... not exactly known for it's crowd pleasing properties. Assistant cook Dann rushed out nursing a fresh, healthy looking lump atop his head as he rushed to the Cellars to verify that the drinks at least weren't fraught with spills and splashes. On his way across the room, he mustered everybeasts attention, and hopefully help, "We've got a slightly major problem! Corn could return at any moment with her ten-thousandth completed written work, and I dunno if Seb armed with a measly cuppa tea is gonna buy us the time we need to get this right scoff storm sorted! Skarz!? Verdauga? Somebeast keep'r busy! Tell her.... I dunno, we need stuff from the orchard or something! Or perhaps have her go track down Tammo, goodness knows nobeast can find that cheeky curmudgeon whenever his presence is crucial! Anybeast not distracting Corn, report to the kitchens or... I dunno, set a table or something!" The hysterical squirrel rushed back off on his duties, muttering to himself all the way, seemingly trying to remember something of significance.

OOC: Let's celebrate! Our resident Cornflower has just made her 10,000th post, and it's time to party! Problem is, as you can very well tell, everything's a mess! This is an RP style celebration, so although shenanigans are absolutely encouraged, please mind that posts should still be made with care and intention. The goal is to clean up and somehow manage to reconstitute a celebratory feast whilst keeping Corn herself oblivious to the going's on. As always, posts should be within the parameters of the forum rules, and HAVE FUN! The current rough time frame is between 1-2 weeks, so make sure to get your posts in!

Friar: @shisteer of nothing much

Strangely absent Abbot: @Captain Tammo

Currently with Corn (out in the gatehouse or the courtyard): @Sebias of Redwall

The about to be fishing Abbey Warrior: @Matthias720

Badgermum: Undesignated
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Matthias720

Matthias720 rushes out the kitchens. "I need to go catch another fish for the feast!" He barely dodged knocking over a kitchen assistant on his way out of the kitchens.

Verdauga

(OOC: Happy 10,000 posts, Corn! The front Lawns rename is awesome Dan)

Bursting onto the scene, Verdauga grabbed a strawberry cordial and said, "Well, this drink won't be spilt. Dann, where are the mops and brooms!?"
He just barely got the words out before being knocked over by an onrushing abbey warrior.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Matthias720

"Sorry, sorry!" Matthias720 helps Verdauga up before dashing from the room.

Verdauga

"No, no, it's fine!" Verdauga blurted as Matthias left the room, before looking forlornly at the now half-full cup. Setting it down he started searching for the cleaning supplies.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Cornflower MM

Corn sighed as she finished the last sentence of the epilogue for her 10,000th manuscript, sitting back in her chair to look at the parchment. This one was one she'd started years ago and worked on as a side project while doing the majority of her other works and it was the one she was most proud of.

Taking a sip of the tea Sebias brought her, Corn turned to smile at the other Abbeybeast. "Thanks Seb! I think I'm done here, you wanna go see what's for lunch?"

OOC: Thanks Verdauga!

Captain Wortshire

[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Sebias of Redwall

"Uh, yeah, sure. Hmm... Before we go, though, would you mind coming with me to the library? I think the Abbey recorder needed some help. Once we're done, maybe we can grab some vittles, eh?"
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Teer rounded on Wortshire, glaring daggers at the hare and swinging her ladle expertly to crack on his head.
  "Lamb sauce? LAMB SAUCE?! My kitchen is trashed, my food is ruined, the entire feast is going to be a disaster and you're worrying about lamb sauce? Nobeast even likes lamb sauce! Take this cloth and start wiping the table!"
  Turning away from the overbaked carrot of a beast, Teer scooped infant Lass up from the floor, where she was 'helping' by transferring a trifle back into its bowl with her paws, getting entirely covered by meadowcream in the process.
  "Scott, come look after this little fur ball! She's making a mess on her clothes. Verdauga, the brooms are in the pantry. SCOTT! Hurry up! She's getting damsons in my ear!"
  The otter gave a frustrated sigh and began scrubbing at the table, holding Lass in one paw as far from her ears as possible, her voice rising in pitch and volume.
  "Help me with this infant!"
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Cornflower MM

Corn frowned. "Help with what? I don't recall hearing about it." Standing up and stretching, the squirrel shook out her paws. "No matter, I suppose. Maybe we can just grab a snack then head up?"

Verdauga

Verdauga lunged, grabbing Lass and using her as a mop to clean up the spilt Deeper'n'Ever Pie.
"Quick, somebody needs to set the tables for the celebration!" he shouted, bumping into the closet door and being hit by a real mop.

Captain Wortshire

*though slightly dazed, manages to double clap bringing in the tesso swarm*

OKAY! Team three will be handling fish.

Team four, roasted items.

Team five, grill. Team six, sauces.

Get to your stations. Let's go, go, go!

*the tesso rush of to their stations*

*one tesso stops to eat cheese*

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Captain Tammo

OOC:
WOO! Congrats Corn! And great work putting this event together, Dann. Things are off to an extremely terrible start -- and I couldn't be more excited ;D. Now without further ado, I believe I have a particularly important job to do here. BEHOLD MY AMAZING PERFORMANCE!
Quote from: Dannflower Reguba on August 23, 2020, 07:37:03 PM
Strangely absent Abbot: @Captain Tammo

BIC:
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

shisteer of nothing much

OOC: Heh.

BIC:
  Teer watched Verdauga, slightly shocked at his abuse of the small child. She wasn't getting harmed, but it was certainly a little bit out of the ordinary.
  "That's an infant."
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Shrugging, Verdauga replied "Maybe, but she works better than the mop seemed to. She needed a bath anyways."
Grabbing the afformentioned mop, Verdauga cleaned up the last of the errant Pie. These celebrations never seemed to go right.