Disaster in the Kitchens! (Corn's 10,000th celebration RP!)

Started by Dannflower Reguba, August 23, 2020, 07:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shisteer of nothing much

Teer heard the excited infant run into Corn and turned back to the kitchen with a sigh of relief, getting to work on the cleanup with a bucket and shovel. None of the food on the floor was salvageable.
  "Put all the good food in the pantry. Don't let the soup burn. Could somebeast get started on another salad?"
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

OOC: Ahem. Sorry I'm late, chaps and chapesses.

BIC:
Sebias came running up, panting heavily. "Hey, mates! Uh... What'chya doing?" The otter sent a glance at Lass. "Sorry I didn't take you to the pond yet. I was going to help the recorder move some books. Would you all want to help? The work would go much faster if everybeast pitched in."
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

OOC: I hope its not too late for me to join.

In character: One-Eye sighed and put away the large book he had been reading. Perhaps a visit to the kitchens is in order, said the resident Southlander, beginning the walk to the kitchens. About halfway down the stairs, he heard a voice shout something about lamb sauce. He stoped for a breif moment, trying to figure out if he was hallucinating or not. He decided he was crazy, and continud on his way. Upon reaching the kitchen, he was greeted by pure chaos and anarchy. The wildcat retreated for a moment, then called out, "What is going on here?!"

OOC again: This feels like an episode of masterchef without the profanity and a notable lack of Gordon Ramsey.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Ebantu the Kararehe

OOC: Same.

BIC: Ebantu nervously peeped around the door frame and surveyed the kitchen chaos. It looked like a bombsite, she thought to herself, wincing.
  "Hi, Teer," she called to her friend. "Is there anything I can do to help?" The wildcat stepped into the doorway, prepared for orders.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Dannflower Reguba

Dann returned from the Cellars relieved, but still frantic. He ran to a relatively clean table near the mottled beasts in Cavern Hole before dumping out a bag of parchments he'd completely forgot he was carrying, "Blister me paws, I rather forgot about the community congratulations! Anybeast with some kind words for miss Corn can feel free to swing by and write 'em down! I'll be compiling them all together later as a gift, but please be quick!" After speaking his piece, he rushed back into the kitchens, "Salad! Right away marm!"

OOC: I am indeed asking for very real messages that y'all have for Corn (in character ;) ), and they will be put together for her at a later date, once again, keep in mind that this event is not intended to go any longer than even two weeks. Enjoy the event while it lasts! (EDIT:) I would greatly appreciate it if anybeast that has words for Corn would @ me in the post so I can find it easily, thanks!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Kade Rivok

Kade, having caused a bit of a ruckus in the kitchen before being promptly kicked out, munched on a turnover merrily as he walked the red halls of Redwall.  He looked up at the sunlight streaming in through a nearby window and smiled; today was a day to be outside, not cooped up indoors!  Pulling another pastry from a cloth sack he carried, he chewed reflectively.  It wasn't his fault that he couldn't help himself when there was so much delicious food around, was it?  He was an Otterbadger, for goodness sake!  Everybeast knows that, when it comes to food, the only creature more passionate than an Otterbadger is a hare.  Kade just hoped that the good friar remained unaware of the sack-full of turnovers he'd snatched prior to vacating the premises.  As he approached the abbey entrance, he noticed a group of beasts standing just outside the open doors.  It was Corn, Seb, and little Lass! He called out to them, waving his free paw.

"What's this now?  I suppose one spot is as good as any for having a wee chat, but somebeasts might think you lot strange for parlaying in a doorway!"  Kade laughed heartily.  "Not I, though.  I would never judge in such a manner."  He stepped up to the group and pulled out another turnover.  As he was about to pop it into his mouth, he paused in thought before holding it out to nobeast in particular, a large smile spread across his muzzle.  "Want one?  I've got plenty, I do."
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Dannflower Reguba on August 24, 2020, 09:38:11 PM
OOC: I am indeed asking for very real messages that y'all have for Corn, and they will be put together for her at a later date, once again, keep in mind that this event is not intended to go any longer than even two weeks. Enjoy the event while it lasts!
OOC: So just post them here, in character?

BIC:
  Teer nodded to Eb, gesturing at the steadily restoring kitchen with her chin while she finished scooping up the trifle that Lass had been working on.
  "Any help would be great. There's plenty of work to do. Just find something that needs doing and do it. Can somebeast get the pasties out of the oven?"
  Through the doorway she managed to catch the basics of what Dann wanted and smiled, nodding.
  "A wonderful idea! I'll write a message as soon as I have a spare few minutes."
  Wiping the last remains of cream away with a cloth, the unusually slim friaress moved on to the next task, clearing a patch of bench before washing her paws and beginning on some scone dough.
  "Whoever caused this disaster is going to get a piece of my mind!"
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Captain Wortshire

[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

lass of something much

Lass waved happily seeing the cheerful otterbadger approach. "Kage! Kage! Lady Cornf'ower gonna tell us da s'ory!" The dibbun tripped over her tail as she spun to face Kade, sending her crashing down the steps again.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Cornflower MM

Corn's eyes had zeroed in on Kade's turnover as soon as he'd taken it out of his bag, and when he offered it she eagerly reached out. "I'd love it, thanks." Before she could take it, Lass had tumbled down the stairs and Corn yelped, leaping down after the Dibbun.

"Goodness, Lass! You alright?" She dusted Lass off before pausing and simply scooping her up, placing her on her hip. "You've got to watch where you put your paws, little miss."

lass of something much

Lassie nodded happily and grinned, showing a bloody gap where her tooth had once been. "Mhm! I fine!"
The little otter-squirrel was anything but fine by now, she was covered in gashes, bruises, and scratches, plus a missing tooth and a newly acquired graze on her knee. But she was so exited about the idea of a story, she hardly noticed.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Sebias of Redwall

"A story! What a lovely idea! In fact, a good story down in the orchards would be such a wonderful thing indeed, wouldn't it?" Sebias elbowed Lass gently. "Perhaps I could ask Teer to bring you all some snacks later. Corn, do you think you could handle them?" 
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Scott McLamok

Quote from: One-Eye the wildcat on August 24, 2020, 02:45:16 AM
OOC: I hope its not too late for me to join.

In character: One-Eye sighed and put away the large book he had been reading. Perhaps a visit to the kitchens is in order, said the resident Southlander, beginning the walk to the kitchens. About halfway down the stairs, he heard a voice shout something about lamb sauce. He stoped for a breif moment, trying to figure out if he was hallucinating or not. He decided he was crazy, and continud on his way. Upon reaching the kitchen, he was greeted by pure chaos and anarchy. The wildcat retreated for a moment, then called out, "What is going on here?!"

OOC again: This feels like an episode of masterchef without the profanity and a notable lack of Gordon Ramsey.
OOC:Thats an interesting thread idea! We have a cooking show and someone will be a very angry host!
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on August 25, 2020, 06:52:26 PM
"A story! What a lovely idea! In fact, a good story down in the orchards would be such a wonderful thing indeed, wouldn't it?" Sebias elbowed Lass gently. "Perhaps I could ask Teer to bring you all some snacks later. Corn, do you think you could handle them?"

Still standing in the doorway, incidentally blocking the entrance with his large figure, Kade felt a grin of anticipation cross his features.  "Oh, we're telling stories, are we?  An exciting prospect, to be sure!  And as for the snacks, I do believe I am properly equipped to provide such victuals at this very moment!"  Kade said, proudly holding out the sackful of turnovers he'd acquired from the kitchen.  "I tell you, it's a beautiful day outside, so I suspect a right little picnic will do us well.  What say ye, Corn m'vegetable?  Seb and little Lass seem to be all for it."
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Cornflower MM

A look of alarm flitted across Corn's face as she took in the missing tooth and scraped knee. "I think that's a splendid idea, Kade! Let me just run up and get Lass changed into a better outfit, this one's needs a little mending. Maybe we could stop by the infirmary on our way back and get something for that knee, eh?" The little ottersquirrel looked like she'd been tossed around like a ball, and while most of it was minor - the tooth Lass had knocked out was going to come out sooner or later anyway - and a few scratches never killed anybeast, but it would still be good to have them cleaned out.