News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Disaster in the Kitchens! (Corn's 10,000th celebration RP!)

Started by Dannflower Reguba, August 23, 2020, 07:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shisteer of nothing much

Teer placed the scones on a tray at tidy intervals, not stopping her work as she looked up at Dann apologetically.
  "Thank you. No, I haven't yet. I'll do that once these scones are in the oven."
  The first tray filled, the otter turned to fetch another one, lifting an incredulous eyebrow at Eb's revelation. How in the name of seasons had the pastie exploded?
  "Oh dear. I'll have a look at that soon. I don't think there was anything wrong with the filling and I definitely spiked the pastry. Are the pasties on the windowsill cooled enough?"
  Giving a tired sigh and rubbing a floury paw through her head fur, the cook began filling the next tray with scones, casting a despairing glance around the chaotic room. At this rate lunch would never be ready in time.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Cornflower MM on August 29, 2020, 02:55:51 AM
      Throwing her head back with a laugh, Corn tickled Lass's stomach briefly. "I'm sure you will. Your smile is gonna be precious when we get you cleaned up." She walked back up the stairs and went to poke Kade. "Move outta the way, you big lug."

"Hmm?"  Kade said as he was poked, not at first realizing that he was blocking Corn's path.  "Ah, silly me.  I appear to be in the way of yon little one's aid, am I not?  I do apologize."  Stepping to the side, he made of show of bowing elegantly with his free arm extended, showing them the way in.  "Please, do come into my humble abode."

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on August 30, 2020, 01:23:08 AM
Sebias followed Corn and Lass, throwing a glance at Kade and mouthed the words: "Help me keep an eye on her." Catching up, Sebias turned to Lass. "Hey, maybe Corn will tell you a nice long story while you're in the Infirmary! And if you behave, maybe we'll all go fishing afterwards!"

Kade walked alongside the group, placing himself on the side of Corn on which the entrance to Cavern Hole was located. Hopefully this way he could physically block any curious gazes that could be thrown in that direction.  Honestly, he'd prefer to just head outside and wait for them, but he did feel somewhat responsible for the current crisis and so decided to do what he could to help.  As long as said help didn't involve him not eating food, that is.  After all, there was only so much he could do!

OOC:  Sorry for the weird nature of this post, but we got a little mixed up as far as order of events goes, so I tried to smooth things out a bit.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Tinarandel

Politely keeping his distance out of respect for the other goings-on in the Kitchens and Cavern Hole, Jared kept his eyes meticulously fixed on the ceiling. One last delicious pastry curiously still stuck to it, but, as if prompted by his suspicious observation, it immediately started to slip and fall towards the ground.

Jared moved in a blur, flipping an upturned crockpot on the floor bowl-side up with his foot and kicking it straight away from him. It slid across the floor and stopped beneath the falling pastry, which landed safely in the pot unscathed.

Jared pumped his fists in the air and danced with his mop. "Boom! Blacksmith instincts, baby! One pastry saved!"
"The oldest and greatest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and greatest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."~H.P. Lovecraft.

"Try not to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."~William Faulkner.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." ~Terry Goodkind.

DanielofRedwall

Just then, Daniel emerged from his long walk in Mossflower Woods. He often left for extended periods of time with no prior warning, which the fellow Abbeybeasts had become accustomed to. However, he was not going to miss the celebration of his friend Corn in any situation. He popped his head around the corner of the door into the kitchen, and asked, 'How can I help?'
Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

Matthias poked his head in. "Dan! Perfect timing! I just landed a large grayling, and I need help bringing it here. Many paws make the work light, y'know."

OOC: Dan, feel free to include me in any action you need in your next post.

Cornflower MM

Glancing curiously into the pot Ebantu held, Corn almost forgot to answer the wildcat once it was clear Lass wasn't. "She bounced off a few walls, then took the fast way down the stairs. Say, what's all this you've got? That looks a lot fancier than normal lunch."

At that moment Jared made his pasty save and she whipped around, eyes wide as she was startled by the noise coming through the Great Hall. "Jared? You alright?" She began to move towards Cavern Hole, concerned.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Ebantu felt ill as she looked down in the pan as well, desperately trying to think of an explanation. "Oh, er...I was just cleaning out all the cupboards and stuff. You will not believe how much food gets stuck on the inside of the ovens." At least that's true, she thought. She realised Cornflower wasn't listening and saw in horror where she was heading.
  "Oh! Don't worry about that, Cornflower; I'll see what's going on." she placed herself in front of the squirrel and smiled encouragingly. "You go and take care of Lass. She looks as if she needs to visit the Infirmary."
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Header smelled something in a nearby oven, and so went to investigate. "Ziz iz vhere ze Plum Pie iz, aye?" he said. "Zmellz loike.." He opened it and a cloud of smoke spewed out from the oven. "Zmellz loike," he said, coughing, "tiz a vee bit pazt done." There went something else.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tinarandel

Jared picked up the crockpot containing the fallen pastry, a strawberry turnover that, like the others, had become inexplicably stuck to the ceiling. "Yes, I'm all right! Everything's all right!" He called over his shoulder down the hall adjoined to Cavern Hole. "We're fine here, no need to check on me! I just saved the last pastry!"

He carried the crockpot and turnover to the Kitchens, mindfully navigating the mess around Cavern Hole. After he returned the turnover to the cooks, he placed the crockpot in the sink, and began to wash it with water and soap.
"The oldest and greatest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and greatest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."~H.P. Lovecraft.

"Try not to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."~William Faulkner.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

shisteer of nothing much

Teer let out a groan as she rushed over, peering into the oven at the pie, its top now blackened with a layer of charcoal. Why was nothing working out today? She had never had this many disasters! At this rate the Abbot would decide she was getting too old to run the kitchens and would replace her. She had only been a friar for three seasons! She didn't even have grey fur yet, though that'd probably change by the end of the day.
  "Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Hiag. I'll see what I can do."
  The plum filling wasn't going to go to waste, even if the pastry on top had burnt. With a bit of care, most of the dish could probably be saved.
  The otter's mind began working over the problem as the slipped oven mits over her paws and retrieved the large dish, sliding a tray of scones in its place and closing the oven door. Scones...
  "Do we have any leftover scones from yesterday's supper? If so, I'd like to use them, please."
  Taking a thin metal spatula from a drawer, the friar began carefully lifting the charred top off the pie. It was a delicate process, but the slim cook was an expert at it from the countless seasons of lifting pie tops to prank them with peas and other such ingredients as a dibbun. She'd realised, as a cook's helper, why the friar had been so angry about it, but she blessed the practice now. This plum pie would be salvaged because of it.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

One-Eye was attemping to work an oven, when the flame migrated to his habit sleeve. The wildcat flailed around for a moment, before dumping a cauldron of soup on his fire-engulfed arm. By the time he had found his way back to the oven, the dish had been burned to a crisp. "I miss my armor. Metal doesen't catch fire." grumbled the cat, before gathering the ingredients necessary to remake the dish. "Hey, how many more dishes we going ta do?" said the wildcat, speaking to no one in particular.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Cornflower MM

Corn frowned at the direction of Cavern Hole, having stopped in her tracks. "The last pastry? What's going on down there?" She looked back at Ebantu with a question in her eyes, her concern fo rLass warring with her desire to make sure everything was going alright in the kitchens.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Ebantu hid her anguish and gently shoved Cornflower in the direction of the Infirmary. "I'll check the kitchens; you take care of Lass. Go on!" She met Kade's gaze, silently imploring him to help.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Tinarandel

Quote from: One-Eye the wildcat on September 01, 2020, 03:10:18 AM
One-Eye was attemping to work an oven, when the flame migrated to his habit sleeve. The wildcat flailed around for a moment, before dumping a cauldron of soup on his fire-engulfed arm. By the time he had found his way back to the oven, the dish had been burned to a crisp. "I miss my armor. Metal doesen't catch fire." grumbled the cat, before gathering the ingredients necessary to remake the dish. "Hey, how many more dishes we going ta do?" said the wildcat, speaking to no one in particular.

Jared finished washing the crockpot and placed it safely away in the cupboard. On his way back, he reflexively snatched the pastry he'd caught in the crockpot. "Just about six more, I think, One-Eye," he answered the wildcat with an assuring smile. He also took a small towel and wiped the last of the soup stains from One-Eye's sleeve. "How about we split the job? You take three and I'll take three. Our teamwork will get the job done fast." Then he "conjured" the pastry from behind his back and offered it to his friend. "Strawberry turnover?"

One-Eye the wildcat

"Thank you, comrade." said the cat, consuming the turnover in a single gulp. "Three more each sounds good." said One-Eye, returning to the oven and his large pile of ingredients.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!