News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall TV series

Started by Wydran Riverpaw, June 19, 2011, 04:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

I remember everyone making a big deal out of Pallum's gender confusion when the MtW series first came out. Everyone hated it because it wasn't "true" to the books, but I think they just didn't want Rose to be the only girl in the traveling group, for the sake of the little kids watching the show.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I dinnae know for certain, but I believe the first time I saw the episode was the episode when Martin was fighting with the Gaw tribe leader. (The episode where it ends with the leader attacking Martin before they had started.)
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Trigoma

i never did see any of these shows. cause mainly i dont have a tv lol but i dont think i knew about it when it came out...O_O
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

martins#1fan

How long are the episodes?
Thirty minutes each I'm guessing?
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

The Lady Shael

The episodes are about 20 minutes in length, they took up 30 min blocks of airtime including commercials. And at the end of each episode, they showed a short documentary-type thing with Brian Jacques as the host, and he usually talked about medieval life. Armor, battles, everyday life, etc. It was awesome hearing him roar "Eulalia!!"

Osu

Quote from: The Lady Shael on July 05, 2011, 01:46:41 PMAnd at the end of each episode, they showed a short documentary-type thing with Brian Jacques as the host, and he usually talked about medieval life. Armor, battles, everyday life, etc. It was awesome hearing him roar "Eulalia!!"
No way! Are any of these on youtube, too?  :o
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 30, 2011, 09:34:54 PM
I remember everyone making a big deal out of Pallum's gender confusion when the MtW series first came out. Everyone hated it because it wasn't "true" to the books, but I think they just didn't want Rose to be the only girl in the traveling group, for the sake of the little kids watching the show.
That really annoyed me at the time, it still does actually.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I would love to see those documentaries! I'll go look for them.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Alessandro Reinares

If I remember correctly, BJ gave the series permission to change some things.  ;) I'm not too sure though.

Al

Wydran Riverpaw

One of the changes that actually made sense was that in the final episode of season 1, Cluny kidnaps Cornflower instead of Friar Hugo in the belltower fight scene. Made things more dramatic, I guess.

martins#1fan

I ordered the whole season of Martin the Warrior off Amazon.com just yesterday!

The Lady Shael

Nice! :) Let us know how you like it.

martins#1fan

Oh I will, but I ordered it from Massachusetts so it will be here by the 11 - 13 of July. 

Felldoh450

Eh the animation could be better.
But I think it's still cool.
Go ye into all the world and  preach the Gospel.

martins#1fan

Should be here either today or tomorrow!
So exited!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D