Building the Most Powerful Vermin Alliance

Started by Captain Wortshire, May 06, 2020, 03:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Wortshire

Let's say that some of the major (and secondary villains) in Redwall came together and agreed to form some sort of vermin alliance/horde/empire/band/whatever.

Which groups and leaders would prove to be valuable assets to this organization?

It will have to be big enough to be a threat against the woodlanders and Salamandastron, but not have too many heads to cause sow discontent for the vermin in the ranks and/or frequent assassination attempts.

RIght now I'm thinking:

1. Cluny the Scourge and his hoard (Cluny would be very charismatic and cunning in his schemes, I mean, he had like 3 different plans to try to break into Redwall)
2. Ungatt Trunn and his Blue Hoards (As the ONLY horde to overrun and takeover Salamandastron, this would be the main strength of the army)
3. Gulo the Savage and his followers (Though not the smartest vermin leader, Gulo could be used as a intimidation tactic instead)
4. Korvus Skurr and the Doomwyte (Aerial support is something that rarely happens, for the vermin at least)

Everyone would have some sort of gain in this: Cluny would rule Redwall, Ungatt would rule Salamandastron, Gulo would have food ;D, and... I don't know what the Doomwyte would gain (maybe the eyes of their idol?)

Maybe Gabool the Wild could be an asset for sea related activities, and maybe Rigu Felis (he has an ARMY of wildcats).

Whatcha think?

(Just doing this off the top of my head, so my mind is blank about secondary villains, Also I haven't read all the books.)
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

clunylooney

This is a great topic!
Let's say they were sieging salamandastron.
Cluny's horde would be obvious, they are, to this day one of the largest hordes in redwall (and also my favorite ;D)
I agree that the Doomwytes would be good airiel support. The Doomwytes are also good at getting into places.
Then I would choose two other hordes who have experience in attacking salamandastron. I would choose...

Swartt and Ferahgo's hordes! Ferahgo had one of the largest hordes in the series and actually got into salamandastron. I chose Swartt's horde out of personal bias (because I love swartt).
As for a naval attack, Gabool would be the smart choice, but I'm not here to be smart.
I would want to see Razzid Wearat attack salamandastron from the sea.

Also, I thought it would be fun to say which badger lord and long patrol are fighting these guys.
The badger lord I'd choose would be Urthstripe. He probably has the most experience fighting off a siege. As for the long patrol, either the one from Rakkety Tam or The Long Patrol. Probably the one from The Long Patrol because they numbered 500 which would make the fight more even.

I may have gone a bit overboard but, whatever. I may make a second one of these, just when I've thought about it more.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me